Cali is Burning

Drip_Torch
Guru

Re: Cali is Burning

Post by Drip_Torch »

ferri wrote:I hope they can find out who did this. :-X If they do, they should be charged with murder.

PG&E FINDS BULLET-RIDDLED GEAR NEAR WILDFIRE

A Northern California utility says it found damaged power lines and other equipment with bullet holes at two sites near where the Camp Fire started.

https://www.actionnewsnow.com/content/n ... vQMuFNxYXw

Confirmed is the fact the fire started almost simultaneously in two separate locations and I read that PG&E equipment had been secured from both starts. The transmission lines, almost 100 years old, are really starting to look like a vulnerability that needs to be addressed. 12 of the 18 starts from the deadly Napa valley fires last year were power line related.

On the brighter side of this disaster, is the fact Butte County Sherriff’s dept. has managed to whittle the missing persons list down to 3. Hopefully everyone is accounted for soon.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Well, that didn't take long.

Famed filmmaker and actor Ron Howard spent the weekend in Butte County filming the damage caused by the 153,336-acre Camp Fire. Howard, who won two Oscars for the 2001 film A Beautiful Mind, is working on a documentary on the fire.

https://www.paradisepost.com/2018/12/18 ... camp-fire/
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bumped

No surprise this company claimed bankruptcy... it started by a lawsuit made more famous by a movie.
https://www.castanet.net/news/World/259 ... -for-fires

sooner of later things do catch up with you.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Part of its bankruptcy is due to renewable contracts which PG&E is now authorized to renegotiate. Solar and Wind have been sucking on the company long enough. This will be a blow to renewable companies

"PG&E said Monday that it would use bankruptcy to resolve huge liabilities arising from two years of deadly wildfires. Such a move would allow the company to try to revoke or renegotiate contracts it signed with suppliers when power prices were higher than they are now. That, analysts said, could hurt companies that borrowed based on the higher prices — especially those whose power comes from renewable resources."
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.

Return to “World”