CBC Says Mexico is Building a Wall & Paying for It!

CBC Says Mexico is Building a Wall & Paying for It!

Postby Glacier » Nov 19th, 2018, 1:51 pm

I was listening to CBC last night and had to laugh when they stated that the government is building a wall in Tijuana to stop the "caravan" of migrants.

Like the Americans, the Mexicans are also not happy about migrants moving in.

https://www.npr.org/2018/11/19/66919378 ... nt-caravan
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/tijuana-m ... -1.4910950
“We have a right to believe whatever we want, but not everything we believe is right.”
~Ravi Zacharias
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 10423 posts

Re: CBC Says Mexico is Building a Wall & Paying for It!

Postby averagejoe » Nov 19th, 2018, 3:58 pm

That's Racist!!! :132:
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.
averagejoe
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 2465 posts

Postby Mordu » Nov 20th, 2018, 6:44 am

No mention of a wall in either article or on anything I've found by the CBC, and the CBC article says "the Mexican government was flying in food and blankets for the migrants in Tijuana."
I'm a Canada Climate Action Tracker--no 'Big Government Lie,' it's an in-joke from the "Bickering Room."
Mordu
Fledgling

Liked in: 88 posts

Postby Mordu » Nov 20th, 2018, 6:57 am

In fact, according to the CBC, it looks like a bunch of rich NIMBY’s are protesting while, as usual, it looks like others, perhaps not as affluent, may be trying to help them out.

“Hundreds of Tijuana residents congregated around a monument in an affluent section of the Mexican city south of California on Sunday to protest the thousands of Central American migrants who have arrived in hopes of a new life in the U.S.”

(I've yet to see the affluent In any country put up with any protest thrown by others in their neighbourhood)

“While many in Tijuana are sympathetic to the migrants' plight and trying to assist, some locals have shouted insults, hurled rocks and even thrown punches at them.”
I'm a Canada Climate Action Tracker--no 'Big Government Lie,' it's an in-joke from the "Bickering Room."
Mordu
Fledgling

Postby Glacier » Nov 20th, 2018, 7:13 am

Mordu wrote:No mention of a wall in either article or on anything I've found by the CBC, and the CBC article says "the Mexican government was flying in food and blankets for the migrants in Tijuana."

Yes, well if you were listening to the news on the radio you would have heard it. My wife and I were laughing when we heard it. As in, "what did we just hear on the CBC!"
“We have a right to believe whatever we want, but not everything we believe is right.”
~Ravi Zacharias
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 10423 posts

Postby Mordu » Nov 20th, 2018, 8:05 am

Ha, ha, ha, okay, now I can’t dispute that, as once I heard an interview on CBC with a Canadian who was living in Japan when the tsunami hit, and he said that the Japanese were so orderly and respectful to one another because their country has kept themselves as a strict monoculture.

I’ve searched and searched but have never been able to find that interview posted anywhere on the net. Maybe somebody can help me out?

Oh, and case anybody’s wondering, the migrants are free to camp in my back yard, but I can’t afford to order out, especially through Skip the Dishes.

Glacier likes this post.
Mordu
Fledgling

Return to World