Deadly trip to Indian island

Snman
Übergod

Deadly trip to Indian island

Post by Snman »

https://www.castanet.net/news/World/242 ... ian-island

I think this guy got what he had coming. What do others think?
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Re: Deadly trip to Indian island

Post by Ka-El »

He had no business going there. His arrogance cost him the ultimate price. Fool
bernie428
Board Meister

Post by bernie428 »

He totally got what he deserved.
Now his filthy family want to bring him home.
No regards by them or their pitiful son as to the potential to wipe them all out from disease.
No care that the contact is forbidden, and not wanted by the natives.
He had a bible and a football.
Why didn't he bring them a latte while he was at it.
Arrogance doesn't cover this one.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

US missionary's body could be lost in battle to preserve isolated tribe

The body of American missionary-adventurer John Allen Chau may never be recovered from the lost island where he fell in a volley of arrows fired by a reclusive tribe whose existence is threatened by the modern world, say experts.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/us- ... &ocid=iehp

Fascinating stuff. From what I’ve read this tribe is estimated to be made up of 15 people; 3 women and 12 men.
It seems almost an interesting experiment to see how long they can survive on that island alone.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

I posted this in the religious threads. [crickets]

Now this group wants to press for murder charges.
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/nosacredc ... issionary/

Maybe they could go personally to deliver the summons.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

A Man’s Last Letter Before Being Killed on a Forbidden Island

Before he was killed by an isolated tribe on a remote Indian Ocean island, John Allen Chau, a young American on a self-propelled mission to spread Christianity, revealed two things: that he was willing to die, and that he was scared.

“You guys might think I’m crazy in all this,” he wrote in a last letter to his parents. “But I think it’s worth it to declare Jesus to these people.”

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/a-m ... &ocid=iehp

Maybe they brought him to Jesus
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I was thinking the same thing. Leave him there ( protect the tribe and besides he was heaven bent on going, avoiding the Navy!
Guess God;s plan was carried out
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by burnedatstake »

this is a perfect example of what is prevalent in religious circles and the church today. people in churches have a "better to ask forgiveness - than ask permission" mentality. these people say they "believe' that god is sovereign. but wont follow simple things that they read in the bible. for instance - "blessed are those who wait on the lord". instead modern church goers are pro business and pro conservative government. both of these breed an inability to wait on anything - and look down on anyone who relies on anything. thus you see laments about red tape or regulation (that supposedly takes too long) or sneering towards those who work for someone but demand certain human dignities.
so here we have a bohemian christian who works (while living simply) and saves money to go on adventures. nothing selfish or no agendas because he prayed about it - sarcasm intentional. and while not getting a green light from god - he had leaders of his church - and his family lay hands on him speaking in tongues - and they gave him the blessing to go and spread "gods word". probably with financial support of some sort after having a service and handing the plates around.
now people are calling this moron a modern day martyr. why? i believe that he is nothing of the sort. he is just some dumb american religious zealot.
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Another Darwin award recipient.
Black Dogs Matter
bernie428
Board Meister

Post by bernie428 »

An interesting article by someone who has a brain, about someone who didn't use his very much, if at all.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/the ... BQ8DVj_1|4

We want to be left alone.
NO, I MUST CONVERT YOU.
Please, just leave us alone. We will make our unhappiness felt.
SORRY, YOU NEED GOD, AND I NEED A CONVERSION FOR THE RECORD BOOKS.
Okay. Might as well bring the football, we can mark your spot in the sand with it.
HERE I COME.
Warning shot.
HERE I COME.
Not.

The end.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

1nick wrote:I posted this in the religious threads. [crickets]
It was probably some obscure thread that no one reads, but really what else is there to add? Some dude refused to take no as an answer and went anyway. It's like the telemarketers who won't hang up after you've told them 4 times you're not interested in buying their three pack of dilly-dos no matter how low they go with price. Eventually you get rude and tell them to SHUT UP and then hang up.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

I should get a few people together with some guns and armor, then take over the island.

Are we allowed to conquer places these days, if they don't have a structured government or can I get amnesty afterwards?
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

Glacier wrote:
1nick wrote:I posted this in the religious threads. [crickets]
It was probably some obscure thread that no one reads, but really what else is there to add? Some dude refused to take no as an answer and went anyway. It's like the telemarketers who won't hang up after you've told them 4 times you're not interested in buying their three pack of dilly-dos no matter how low they go with price. Eventually you get rude and tell them to SHUT UP and then hang up.

I was hoping the best christian on this forum (joe) would weigh in and tell us how this guy is doing God’s work.

You know, four corners of the earth thing or your messiah ain’t coming back. Maybe joe could bring them some assault rifles and MAGA ball caps.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

well he won't be trying that again
*bleep* is wrong with people? Here, can I offer you a booklet of what god has done
And infect the few of you remaining with my Cold?
Gods Plan
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

fvkasm2x wrote:I should get a few people together with some guns and armor, then take over the island.

Are we allowed to conquer places these days, if they don't have a structured government or can I get amnesty afterwards?

No.

Put your gun away and go sit in the corner.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “World”