We The People Will Fund The Wall

Rjamer
Übergod

Re: We The People Will Fund The Wall

Post by Rjamer »

This thread probably isn`t a joke.. Never underestimate the stupidity of a Trump supporter.. They want to please their master by being proud to wear their stupid on their sleeves..
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

what are they going to do re waterways?
Doubt a wall will keep out those desperate to come
Guess there will be moats and drawbridges
I'm shocked the monies raised on a GFM page
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Mordu
Board Meister

Post by Mordu »

floppi wrote:
Last time I checked Trump will have to use Mexican concrete companies to build the wall as they are the only ones capable of doing so along the border. . . .

I hope they mix the concrete using beach sand and sea water—I’ve seen a few steel reinforced houses that they built for the gringos in the past. And what is Trump to them, other than king gringo?
Mordu
Board Meister

Post by Mordu »

Rjamer wrote:This thread probably isn`t a joke.. Never underestimate the stupidity of a Trump supporter.. They want to please their master by being proud to wear their stupid on their sleeves..

Maybe the thread was started by a joker, but the project is real (according to FOX)--at least until someone in the Trump administration absconds with the money.

https://www.gofundme.com/TheTrumpWall#

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=80616#p2431390
Mordu
Board Meister

Post by Mordu »

:laugh: :yahoo:

GoFundMe

Ladders to Get Over Trump's Wall”

And even though at a rate of $1.7 million daily, it would take their fund about 35 years to raise the $21.7 billion that Trump's own Dept. of Homeland Security says would be needed to build said wall, we wanna make sure ladders are ready to send over to our undocumented friends and help them.

If this seems ludicrous, we welcome you to the coalition of reasonable adults.

Should we not reach our goal--or should they (ahem) not reach theirs--all funds raised will go to the Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services (RAICES) , a Texas-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit agency that promotes justice by providing free and low-cost legal services to underserved immigrant children, families, and refugees.

You see, they’ll never reach their goal, but no matter how much we raise, we’re going to reach ours:
Supporting an organization working to help immigrants seeking legal asylum. This GoFundMe isn’t really about ladders at all. It’s about lifting people up.

http://ca.gofundme.com/ladders-to-get-o ... p039s-wall

(My wifi keeps cutting out so I kinda have to post what I have in chunks to make sure something sticks before I lose it)
Last edited by Mordu on Dec 21st, 2018, 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jmfva
Übergod

Post by Jmfva »

RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

Rjamer wrote:This thread probably isn`t a joke.. Never underestimate the stupidity of a Trump supporter.. They want to please their master by being proud to wear their stupid on their sleeves..

So the right is tripping over themselves to donate to Brian Kolfage's latest project.
I wonder if these people -- one of them donated $50,000 to the cause -- did their due diligence and researched Mr. Kolfage before signing on the dotted line.
If they did, I'm sure they would have discovered past projects like his Right Wing News Facebook page, which was taken down by Facebook during it's purge of fake accounts and ad farms.
Kolfage responded to the page removal with Fight4FreeSpeech, relying on public donations to fight for his right to distribute conspiracy theories.
He also launched VeteranAF and Freedom Daily, pushing false conspiracy theories, but those sites quietly shut down earlier this year.
I guess as long as the Republican sheeple are willing to blindly throw money at right-wing shysters, they will keep padding their pockets.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

RupertBear wrote:

So the right is tripping over themselves to donate to Brian Kolfage's latest project.
I wonder if these people -- one of them donated $50,000 to the cause -- did their due diligence and researched Mr. Kolfage before signing on the dotted line.
If they did, I'm sure they would have discovered past projects like his Right Wing News Facebook page, which was taken down by Facebook during it's purge of fake accounts and ad farms.
Kolfage responded to the page removal with Fight4FreeSpeech, relying on public donations to fight for his right to distribute conspiracy theories.
He also launched VeteranAF and Freedom Daily, pushing false conspiracy theories, but those sites quietly shut down earlier this year.
I guess as long as the Republican sheeple are willing to blindly throw money at right-wing shysters, they will keep padding their pockets.

I wonder who actually gets the money...is it on the website? Or I wonder if Kolfage gets to keep the money someway. Now that would be a Con for the ages!!
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Don.J.Trump wrote:
floppi wrote:What happened to, "Mexico will build the wall"? [icon_lol2.gif]

Mexico is going to pay for the wall, not build it... And yes mexico will pay for the wall over time.

Please 'splain just how Mexico will pay for the wall? If Mexico doesn't write a cheque - and they won't - then how? Are you going to hack the credit cards of every Mexican?
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

hobbyguy wrote:
Please 'splain just how Mexico will pay for the wall? If Mexico doesn't write a cheque - and they won't - then how? Are you going to hack the credit cards of every Mexican?

I believe he meant that the People of Mexico themselves will "pay" for it figuratively, as in a way of life, not directly financially.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Not a lot of clear evidence yet to support whether or not the wall is a good or bad idea for the USA. There are many walls that work already built and/or planned throughout the world for the purpose of minimizing illegal immigration and expensive deportations, illegal arms and drugs, and separating conflict zones. Walls work to a high degree, depending on the construction and length. No wall solution is perfect. In the long run, the US expects to recoup the costs of the wall by significantly reducing illegal immigration. Illegal immigration dearly costs Canadians and we barely have the numbers the US does. If Mexico goes through a worsening social catastrophe, then the US would be lucky to have a wall.

Then again, same people who say 'the' wall is a waste of money, don't mind wasting the same amount of money on carbon taxes on a yearly basis, only to see CO2 increase, without knowing where their money goes, and happy to pay more. All the reductions done here, are matched by a 10x increase in China and India.

Apparently as a jab to Brian, liberals are saying the ladders to climb the wall are not wheelchair accessible.

Perhaps there are creative ways to make Mexico pay.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/yes-trump-can-make-mexico-pay-for-the-border-wall-heres-how/2017/01/17/7edf7872-dcbf-11e6-ad42-f3375f271c9c_story.html?utm_term=.2365d038fe58
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
bernie428
Board Meister

Post by bernie428 »

zues wrote:
floppi wrote:What happened to, "Mexico will build the wall"? [icon_lol2.gif]

Hmm...I think you must be confused or have a bad case of TDS (Trump derangement syndrome) as I don't recall hearing or reading anywhere that "Mexico was going to build the wall"

Not a bad idea though since they are the source of the problem :up:

Ah, the source of the problem. The Mexicans, THE source.
How about you put them in the long line if sources.

American and Canadian losers who do cocaine, and other drugs imported from Central and South America
American (and probably Canadian) business who have sucked the wealth out of Central and South America.
(don't bother, there is making money, and there's stealing from the poor)
American political interference for 100 years so they can take what they want from these countries.
That includes propping up scum bags that are disaster for their own countries, but good for the good 'ol USA.

Mexico is more caught in the middle than anything else.
Almost all those people are the waste product of a crappy system they have no control over.

I'll buy a section of the 52 parallel wall, no problem ;-)
Mordu
Board Meister

Post by Mordu »

Do you get a brick with your name on it? The more money the larger, like a donor wall? I bet Don wouldn't be able to resist. You know, out of the foundation . . ..
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Queen K wrote:
Don.J.Trump wrote:Mexico is going to pay for the wall, not build it... And yes mexico will pay for the wall over time.

Would it not be ironic if illegals were needed to build the wall in a labour cost-effective manner? [icon_lol2.gif]

Ironic things are all around us. Like prison inmates in New Hampshire making license plates with the caption “Live free or die”.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

hobbyguy wrote:

The idea was to get them to pay via import duties and tariffs. Don't ask me to do the math on if that is even possible, but that is supposed to be how they eventually pay for it

Return to “World”