We The People Will Fund The Wall

Re: We The People Will Fund The Wall

Postby floppi » Jan 11th, 2019, 5:40 pm

spooker wrote:Hmmm ... the guy who started the GoFundMe changed his plans ...

https://techcrunch.com/2019/01/11/wall-gofundme-trump-border-wall-brian-kolfage/

It was a scam for him to at least get part of the money but gofundme slapped him down.
floppi
Übergod

Liked in: 429 posts

Postby floppi » Jan 11th, 2019, 5:55 pm

Jlabute wrote:How long did it take to penetrate each one?

That information wasn't given. Of course that's the Big Spin now....."we will catch them while they're sawing" and when they do, " it will be real cheap to fix". [icon_lol2.gif]
floppi
Übergod

Postby RupertBear » Jan 11th, 2019, 6:22 pm

floppi wrote:
spooker wrote:Hmmm ... the guy who started the GoFundMe changed his plans ...

https://techcrunch.com/2019/01/11/wall-gofundme-trump-border-wall-brian-kolfage/

It was a scam for him to at least get part of the money but gofundme slapped him down.

This doesn’t surprise me at all. In my books, he’s not in it for the betterment of the country, he’s in it to pad his own pockets, just like Trump.
RupertBear
Board Meister

Liked in: 600 posts

Postby jamapple » Jan 13th, 2019, 8:58 am

Here Her good people.....I bring you an episode from the 1950's of a snake oil salesman, named Trump, who tries to tell the masses he will save them all by building a wall to protect them. You simply can't make this $h!7 up!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1D2ynASqe4

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/track ... m82T0lIxWQ
jamapple
Übergod

Liked in: 1267 posts

Postby jamapple » Jan 13th, 2019, 10:25 am

Ranger66 wrote:That's Trumps goal to be just like Russia.

Actually, Trump wants to be like North Korea. No elections, just keep his place in power, unanswered, forever.
jamapple
Übergod

Liked in: 1267 posts

Postby floppi » Jan 13th, 2019, 12:46 pm

I guess the Mexican are testing out their prototype for defeating the Trump Wall [icon_lol2.gif]

Amid border-wall debate, third drug tunnel found in less than a month in Nogales

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/po ... 550685002/
floppi
Übergod

Postby Mordu » Jan 13th, 2019, 2:47 pm

Yes, but once the wall is up, everything's gonna be just "peachy dory." :biggrin:
I'm a Canada Climate Action Tracker--no 'Big Government Lie,' it's an in-joke from the "Bickering Room."
Mordu
Fledgling

Liked in: 88 posts

Postby d0nb » Jan 14th, 2019, 2:40 am

Mordu wrote:Yes, but once the wall is up, everything's gonna be just "peachy dory." :biggrin:

Hey! You’ve been listening to the people who put their lives on the line to guard the border and have a real understanding of what is required. Not fair. :-X
“The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected.” ― G.K. Chesterton April 19, 1924

The Green Barbarian likes this post.
d0nb
Übergod

Liked in: 964 posts

Postby floppi » Jan 14th, 2019, 9:33 am

d0nb wrote:
Mordu wrote:Yes, but once the wall is up, everything's gonna be just "peachy dory." :biggrin:

Hey! You’ve been listening to the people who put their lives on the line to guard the border and have a real understanding of what is required. Not fair. :-X

Oh really, that's interesting.....

Border Patrol Union Just Deleted a Webpage Saying a Wall Would Be 'Wasting Taxpayer Money'

Digital archives show that the page was deleted after the union's president supported building a border wall with Donald Trump in the White House Briefing Room.......

After Judd finished speaking, Trump said that Judd and his colleagues “basically said—and I can take the word ‘basically’ out—that without a wall, you cannot have border security.”

At that very moment, however, the official policy of Judd’s organization—a union for employees of US Customs and Border Control—was that it “disagrees with wasting taxpayer money on building fences and walls along the border as a means of curtailing illegal immigration into the United States.”

That statement came from the official website of the NBPC’s “Media FAQ” page which argued at length against the policy of building border walls. The page, originally published in October 2012, was deleted on or after January 4, according to archives obtained through the Wayback Machine. This was the day after the press briefing, and four days before President Trump gave a prime-time television address arguing for Congress to spend $5.7 billion in order to build a larger wall along the US-Mexico border.

“Walls and fences are temporary solutions that focus on the symptom (illegal immigration) rather than the problem (employers who knowingly hire illegal aliens),” the now-deleted page says.
floppi
Übergod

Postby The Green Barbarian » Jan 14th, 2019, 9:47 am

floppi wrote:
]

Did you actually read what you posted. The union is against a wall. Think about that, and why they would be against it, and then decide if you really think that it has anything to do with national security instead of job security. Oh wait, this is just about bashing Trump at all costs, so who cares about critical thinking. Got it.
Ten people holding a sign on a road shouldn't be able to stop thousands of people from making a living. The needs of the many must come ahead of the lunacy of the few.

2019 - The year we get rid of the Liberals and their drunken farm wife spending.

averagejoe likes this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 18057 posts

Postby floppi » Jan 14th, 2019, 12:16 pm

d0nb wrote:
Hey! You’ve been listening to the people who put their lives on the line to guard the border and have a real understanding of what is required.

The Green Barbarian wrote:
floppi wrote:
]

Did you actually read what you posted. The union is against a wall. Think about that, and why they would be against it, and then decide if you really think that it has anything to do with national security instead of job security. Oh wait, this is just about bashing Trump at all costs, so who cares about critical thinking. Got it.

That's funny....you should follow your own advise about critical thinking. The Border Patrol Union is the union that represents the Border Patrol...you know the "peeps who put their lives on the line to guard the boarder". Before Trump's speech, their website said the wall was a waste of taxpayer's money But after his press briefing and before Trump's wall speech, the president of the union now supports the Wall. [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] Here, I've made it easier for you to follow the logic.... :biggrin:

Digital archives show that the page was deleted after the union's president supported building a border wall with Donald Trump in the White House Briefing Room......(see that...he NOW supports a Wall but.....

At that very moment, however, the official policy of Judd’s organization—a union for employees of US Customs and Border Control—was that it “disagrees with wasting taxpayer money on building fences and walls along the border as a means of curtailing illegal immigration into the United States.”

That statement came from the official website of the NBPC’s “Media FAQ” page which argued at length against the policy of building border walls. The page, originally published in October 2012, was deleted on or after January 4, according to archives obtained through the Wayback Machine. This was the day after the press briefing, and four days before President Trump gave a prime-time television address arguing for Congress to spend $5.7 billion in order to build a larger wall along the US-Mexico border.

floppi
Übergod

Postby The Green Barbarian » Jan 14th, 2019, 12:49 pm

floppi wrote:
That's funny....you should follow your own advise about critical thinking.

I knew I was beating a dead horse and shouldn't have expected anything meaningful in return, but d0nb, at least I tried. I get points for that right?
Ten people holding a sign on a road shouldn't be able to stop thousands of people from making a living. The needs of the many must come ahead of the lunacy of the few.

2019 - The year we get rid of the Liberals and their drunken farm wife spending.

Catsumi likes this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby floppi » Jan 14th, 2019, 1:27 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:
floppi wrote:
That's funny....you should follow your own advise about critical thinking.

I knew I was beating a dead horse and shouldn't have expected anything meaningful in return, but d0nb, at least I tried. I get points for that right?

You have anything to add to the border patrol flip flop on the "wall, no wall"? I can tell when you don't, it's like the answer above.
floppi
Übergod

Postby The Green Barbarian » Jan 14th, 2019, 2:18 pm

floppi wrote:
You have anything to add to the border patrol

Yes - it's a union. They didn't want a wall. This isn't that hard to understand.

The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby floppi » Jan 15th, 2019, 6:42 am

Then either your reading skills are poor or its your critical thinking because now they WANT the wall. That is after Trump pressured the president of the Union of Border Patrol into saying they now want the Wall and at the same time changing on their website from "the Wall is a waste of money" to "the Wall is a great idea". [icon_lol2.gif]
floppi
Übergod

PreviousNext

Return to World