Re: Canadian gets death penalty

Postby featfan » Jan 14th, 2019, 2:47 pm

oneh2obabe Thank you so much.
featfan
Übergod

Liked in: 989 posts

Postby pieinthei » Jan 14th, 2019, 3:20 pm

He will likely be executed before this thread stops.. i believe China acts quickly on these things.. unlike the 30-40 year wait in the US..
hard to tell a criminal like this to follow the rules in another country while "visiting"
pieinthei
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 875 posts

Postby Jlabute » Jan 14th, 2019, 3:26 pm

As much as I like the sounds of that, I think China won't, because they like to be the dealers of death to other countries. What-ever puts another country at a disadvantage is their state supported terrorism. They don't give two hoots about anything illegal so long as it is exported.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4658188/fentanyl-china-canada-diplomatic-tensions/
TruDunce meets Prudence
Jlabute
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1894 posts

Postby normaM » Jan 14th, 2019, 4:11 pm

He has 10 days to file an appeal
Wonder who we'll be sending over to China to help him?
Button button.. where are those cheap buttons?
normaM
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6507 posts

Postby featfan » Jan 14th, 2019, 4:18 pm

KevinJP likes this post.
featfan
Übergod

Liked in: 989 posts

Postby normaM » Jan 14th, 2019, 6:57 pm

Oh, Canadians will spend a pile of money freeing him
Sorry.. harsh but he did the crime in a country he knew the Law
not going to bite my nails hoping he comes back to Canada ( prolly a hero and then he'll sue for the time spent in jail there)

the truth likes this post.
normaM
Buddha of the Board

Postby Bsuds » Jan 14th, 2019, 7:23 pm

The more I read about this guy the less sympathy I have for him.

I do feel sorry for what he has put his family through.
Ducks have feathers to cover their Butt Quacks!

KevinJP likes this post.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 13283 posts

Postby normaM » Jan 15th, 2019, 6:42 am

Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying, speaking at a regular news briefing, expressed “strong dissatisfaction” with the comments.

“The remarks by the relevant Canadian person lack the most basic awareness of the legal system,” Hua said.

Taking Canada to task for issuing an updated travel advisory warning its citizens about the risk of arbitrary enforcement of laws in China, Hua said that Canada should instead remind its people to not engage in drug smuggling there."

https://globalnews.ca/news/4848227/chin ... le-of-law/

KevinJP likes this post.
normaM
Buddha of the Board

Postby abraham » Jan 17th, 2019, 12:43 am

it absolutely blows my mind how many people are commenting about how this guys deserves the death penalty! What’s wrong with you people were Canadians and Canada does not support the death penalty for obvious reasons! I do not support what this guy did by any means and personally think he should be locked up for the rest of his life but not put to death! That’s nothing but a pea brain mentality if you think someone deserves to die because they get caught smuggling drugs!

my5cents likes this post.
abraham

Liked in: 65 posts

Postby Bsuds » Jan 17th, 2019, 6:47 am

abraham wrote:it absolutely blows my mind how many people are commenting about how this guys deserves the death penalty! What’s wrong with you people were Canadians and Canada does not support the death penalty for obvious reasons! I do not support what this guy did by any means and personally think he should be locked up for the rest of his life but not put to death! That’s nothing but a pea brain mentality if you think someone deserves to die because they get caught smuggling drugs!

Almost 4000 deaths attributed to opioid overdoses in 2017 in Canada alone. https://portage.ca/en/blog/overdose-crisis-in-canada/

So in effect drug smugglers as a group are committing mass murder and should be treated as such.

We might not have the death penalty here in Canada but he chose to smuggle in China where they do and I don't see the point in spending the time and effort to "save" him.
Ducks have feathers to cover their Butt Quacks!

3 people like this post.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 13283 posts

Postby Fancy » Jan 17th, 2019, 7:42 am

abraham wrote:it absolutely blows my mind how many people are commenting about how this guys deserves the death penalty! What’s wrong with you people were Canadians and Canada does not support the death penalty for obvious reasons! I do not support what this guy did by any means and personally think he should be locked up for the rest of his life but not put to death! That’s nothing but a pea brain mentality if you think someone deserves to die because they get caught smuggling drugs!

Should he not have been aware of the possibility?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Bsuds likes this post.
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Liked in: 7755 posts

Postby Ka-El » Jan 17th, 2019, 8:35 am

Bsuds wrote: We might not have the death penalty here in Canada but he chose to smuggle in China where they do and I don't see the point in spending the time and effort to "save" him.

When you go travelling to another country it is your responsibility to have some knowledge of the law and culture so as not to break any law or be offensive. You break the law in another country you are subject to the consequences of that country.
Damn autocorrect; I'm sick and tired of your shirt.

4 people like this post.
Ka-El
Guru

Liked in: 6894 posts

Postby GordonH » Jan 17th, 2019, 9:15 am

Before traveling best to learn some of laws & possible sentences for breaking those laws, especially if you are going to do something illegal in that country.

Reminds me a little about a 70s movie on what can happen if caught with drugs, I believe it was Turkey.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you. John Spence

the truth likes this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 9083 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby the truth » Jan 17th, 2019, 10:02 am

"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

GordonH likes this post.
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 7860 posts

Postby GordonH » Jan 17th, 2019, 10:14 am

the truth wrote:you mean this movie https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077928/

That's the one
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you. John Spence
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 9083 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

PreviousNext

Return to World