Canadian gets death penalty

Re: Canadian gets death penalty

Postby Jlabute » Jan 17th, 2019, 10:18 am

Fancy wrote:
abraham wrote:it absolutely blows my mind how many people are commenting about how this guys deserves the death penalty! What’s wrong with you people were Canadians and Canada does not support the death penalty for obvious reasons! I do not support what this guy did by any means and personally think he should be locked up for the rest of his life but not put to death! That’s nothing but a pea brain mentality if you think someone deserves to die because they get caught smuggling drugs!

Should he not have been aware of the possibility?

Perhaps, but he is a millennial ;-) Millennial's are getting their leftist utopias violated all over the world doing legal or illegal activities. They have little clue what the real world is like and find out the hard way.
Justin Trudeau? NO! Trust in Judo!

2 people like this post.
Jlabute
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1369 posts

Postby Fancy » Jan 17th, 2019, 10:57 am

Oh I bet he was warned. He had already been told he was going down the wrong path.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Smurf likes this post.
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Liked in: 6712 posts

Postby oldtrucker » Jan 17th, 2019, 11:09 am

China is comparatively light on drugs compared to some countries. Back in the day, long ago, my father had to get my brother out of Singapore quick just because he was smoking weed-not smuggling anything. Death penalty for weed. Maybe things have changed in 50 years.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
oldtrucker
Übergod

Liked in: 840 posts

Postby Chyren » Jan 21st, 2019, 8:34 am

Its funny how some people can disagree with this because he's "Canadian."

He was in another country and broke their laws, hence he should face the penalty.

How quickly some can hide behind their citizenship in another country but if the same thing happened here (anyone read about the Saudi criminals being smuggled out of Canada by their embassy?) then its horrible.

He was a drug dealer that didn't fear punishment in Canada and was warned.

You reap what you sow. Don't sell drugs.

5 people like this post.
Chyren
Board Meister

Liked in: 362 posts

Postby the truth » Jan 21st, 2019, 9:24 am

exactly........... :smt045
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6530 posts

Postby my5cents » Jan 21st, 2019, 9:57 am

Queen K wrote:For arresting their own they decided to execute a Canadian.

This isn't about the drug smuggling anymore, don't you see that?

Canada detained Meng Wanzhou, chief financial officer of the Chinese telecommunications giant Huawei, on Dec. 1 at the request of the United States, raising tensions between Canada and China.

Even the author sees it.

We have a real problem with China now. It's flexing its muscles and is no longer pretending to be a World partner, recognize international agreements between other countries and play fair. Seizing three innocent Canadians and releasing the school teacher was a demonstration of that power, this is yet another one.

Do I agree with drug smuggling from China if I oppose this man's execution for political reasons? I hope you're not going to twist it to this.

What is clear is that even though China agreed to put a kibosh on shipping out fentanyl and other clone drugs from their ports, Bpeep was right, nothing will change. Or has.

The other thing that is clear, is that China is very happy to see thousands of Canadians kill themselves so that certain monies can be raked in, laundered through our cansinos and used to buy up Canadian real Estate. I don't believe four years of investigations gone sideways was a mistake. Billionaires talked. Money talked. We are in real problems with China.

I think the point of this has been missed Queen, like so many topics. The message : "Kill all drug traffickers at birth" is drowning out the real situation here.

Funny, nobody is talking about another aspect of this....

This all started when the US somehow learned that Meng Wanzhou was stopping over in Canada and the US wanted her for some illegal sales to a country for which the US had declared sanctions against.

The US asked Canada to arrest and hold her so they could apply for extradition to the US to answer for this apparent crime.

Two very strange things have happened so far.

1) The US still hasn't made the formal request, for which the deadline is approaching.

2) The rare time anything is mentioned on US NEWS about Wanzhou being arrested in Canada, there is ABSOLUTELY no mention that she was arrested by Canada on the strength of a request by the US.

So far it appears we have this Canadian who had already been sentenced to imprisonment, to now be scheduled for execution plus two other Canadians who have been arrested for questionable reasons.

China is threatening other actions, all the while negotiating with the US for trade deals. ??????
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
my5cents
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1401 posts

Postby Jlabute » Jan 21st, 2019, 11:16 am

So what is China waiting for now? Perhaps they are afraid of what Canada might do if they actually carry out the sentence?
Jlabute
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby Catsumi » Jan 21st, 2019, 12:19 pm

As per normal, Cdns are divided.

Half will weep and moan at the loss of a stellar, honest,productive citizen (snort)

Other half cheering.

What will Canada do to retaliate? Halt import of chopsticks? Send them a plane load of death (drug) dealers?
Make the Cdn wet dream come true. Vote MAD MAX

Like a plague, JT must go!

Snman likes this post.
Catsumi
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3471 posts

Postby GordonH » Jan 21st, 2019, 12:39 pm

Catsumi wrote:As per normal, Cdns are divided.

Half will weep and moan at the loss of a stellar, honest,productive citizen (snort)

Other half cheering.

What will Canada do to retaliate? Halt import of chopsticks? Send them a plane load of death (drug) dealers?

I'm neither cheering or moaning, he broke the laws of another country while in said country.
There are consequences for his actions, just that simple.
I heard at one time death sentence in China was done by firing squad, the family would get the bill for the bullets used. Don't know if that is true or not.

Added: in Canada he would get a light slap on the wrist.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.

5 people like this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8114 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby Jlabute » Jan 21st, 2019, 9:59 pm

Costs more than $0.10 per bullet to collect.
If the firing squad was in BC, then the bill would be itemized with cost of labour, gun cleaning, storage of bullets, delivery of bullets, clean bullet levy, carbon tax per spent cartridge, and bullet, and gst on it all.

Queen K likes this post.
Jlabute
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby featfan » Jan 22nd, 2019, 10:24 am

https://canoe.com/news/world/canadian-m ... f479fa3653

Here is another Canadian charged.
This time in Thailand.

normaM likes this post.
featfan
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 375 posts

Postby Catsumi » Jan 22nd, 2019, 7:37 pm

Be a drug dealer. Travel. Broaden your horizons. See the world.

Get caught.
Make the Cdn wet dream come true. Vote MAD MAX

Like a plague, JT must go!

Snman likes this post.
Catsumi
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3471 posts

Postby GordonH » Jan 22nd, 2019, 7:45 pm

featfan wrote:https://canoe.com/news/world/canadian-m ... f479fa3653

Here is another Canadian charged.
This time in Thailand.

Canadians that get involved in illegal activities in others countries & are found guilty of those activities. Have to pay the consequences for their stupidity, just that f :cuss: ing simple.
Maybe eventually they will smarten up.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.

2 people like this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8114 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby Fancy » Jan 23rd, 2019, 6:47 am

People that wilfully thumb their noses at the law are not likely to learn from someone else's mistake and some don't learn from their own mistakes after punishment. I recall the Singapore caning of an American for graffiti yet there have been other cases since then that have made the news. Ignorance of the law is no excuse - a little rule that appears to be lost on some.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

2 people like this post.
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Liked in: 6712 posts

Postby Smurf » Jan 23rd, 2019, 9:55 am

Can someone tell me why we should give a xxxxxxx about idiots that are stupid enough to go to another country and knowingly break their laws. My thoughts are they deserve what they get and hopefully it won't be the slap on the hand they would get in Canada.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.

3 people like this post.
Smurf
Guru

Liked in: 6228 posts

Previous

Return to World