All aboard the Immigration Beast Train America Bound....

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Re: All aboard the Immigration Beast Train America Bound....

Post by averagejoe »

Nice group of about to be new Americans.....

Don't worry liberals they'll all get in!

Appeals court allows Trump administration to send back asylum seekers to Mexico to wait out court process

The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals late Tuesday granted the Trump administration's request to send asylum seekers back to Mexico to wait out court proceedings temporarily.

The court order reversed a decision by a San Francisco judge that would have blocked the policy — giving President Trump a temporary victory on immigration.

The case must still be considered on its merits at a lower court in San Francisco and could end up at the Supreme Court.

U.S. District Judge Richard Seeborg ruled April 8 that the policy should be halted while a lawsuit, filed on behalf of 11 asylum applicants and several other organizations, proceeds.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/appeal ... rt-process
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

*For those of you that want to discuss immigration*
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

oldtrucker wrote: Immigration = enabling more human mating. You are not a dummy Kael....at what point would you opt for national self preservation....when earths population hits 9 or 10 billion, or before that?
We already know we have the capacity to feed, educate and provide health care to every person on this planet, and many scientists believe 9 or 10 billion could be a sustainable number; should we ever adopt more equitable and sustainable socioeconomic policy. I’m more concerned about global preservation than national self preservation; especially when that “national” concern is expressed through nationalism or the current bastardized version of populism. If anything, this pandemic should have shown us how interconnected and interdependent we are. Immigration has always been a part of evolution and barring the establishment of ethno-states that will continue. Immigration will certainly enable more human mating between ethnic groups and over time the human population will be come more homogenized. The world is changing, and it will continue to change and the efforts by those to stop the clock or turn it back will be unsuccessful.
cyruslosco66
Banned

Post by cyruslosco66 »

the moon is empty . lots of land there . anyone crying about population is a closet nazi .

we all know how eugenics went last time, didnt end well for jews. anyways the usa needs immigrants to keep the wheels of america turning . plus more tacos please
m4a ubi free palestine wear a mask support your local first nation band
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

oldtrucker wrote:
Ka-El wrote: and many scientists believe 9 or 10 billion could be a sustainable number;
I'm afraid that ship sailed long ago. Canada needs no one. We have nothing to gain by filling it up with more people. Anyway, you and I have been down this path before so lets agree to disagree.
Okay, but here’s some reading you might be interested in …
How Many People Can Earth Support?

https://www.livescience.com/16493-peopl ... pport.html
Many scientists think Earth has a maximum carrying capacity of 9 billion to 10 billion people

"It is not the number of people on the planet that is the issue – but the number of consumers and the scale and nature of their consumption," says David Satterthwaite, a senior fellow at the International Institute for Environment and Development in London. He quotes Gandhi: "The world has enough for everyone's need, but not enough for everyone's greed."

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20160311 ... ly-support
Slowing growth

Fortunately, we may be spared from entering the end-times phase of overpopulation and starvation envisioned by Malthus. According to the United Nations Population Division, the human population will hit 7 billion on or around Oct. 31, and, if its projections are correct, we're en route to a population of 9 billion by 2050, and 10 billion by 2100. However, somewhere on the road between those milestones, scientists think we'll make a U-turn.

UN estimates of global population trends show that families are getting smaller. "Empirical data from 230 countries since 1950 shows that the great majority have fertility declines," said Gerhard Heilig, chief of population estimates and projections section at the UN.

https://www.livescience.com/16493-peopl ... pport.html
As estimated by scientists, it is not the number of people we need to worry but the ability and willingness of people to start working together and not allowing the future of the planet to be determined by some “invisible hand” in a free market. The status quo no longer serves the human population and not diverting from it will have disastrous consequences.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

indianlarry66 wrote:the moon is empty . lots of land there . anyone crying about population is a closet nazi .

we all know how eugenics went last time, didnt end well for jews. anyways the usa needs immigrants to keep the wheels of america turning . plus more tacos please

what do "tacos" have to with immigration Indianlarry ??? can you please explain ?? you've said it in the Biden thread too..do you relate immigration to "tacos" = Mexicans ??
cyruslosco66
Banned

Post by cyruslosco66 »

my point was that population is a dog whistle to the wrong type of dogs . the amount of people isnt the problem , the problem is in how we deal with it or not .
cyruslosco66
Banned

Post by cyruslosco66 »

W105 wrote:

what do "tacos" have to with immigration Indianlarry ??? can you please explain ?? you've said it in the Biden thread too..do you relate immigration to "tacos" = Mexicans ??
i equate more people of spanish decent from north , central , south americas moving to the united states as more spanish eating places popping up and some of them will serve tacos and i love tacos . kosher ? :smt045
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

indianlarry66 wrote:the moon is empty . lots of land there . anyone crying about population is a closet nazi .

Lots of First Nation land is empty too? Lol...
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

indianlarry66 wrote:my point was that population is a dog whistle to the wrong type of dogs . the amount of people isnt the problem , the problem is in how we deal with it or not .
You don't even want people to have "your" land and tell us to give it back yet you want the rest of the world to get along.

[icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

oldtrucker wrote:First, we need to get everyone down to reproducing themselves once and only once thereby reducing global population down slowly over 3 generations to around 4 billion. Then we can do the rainbows 'n butterflies thing as global citizens.
People want out of the bleepholes they are in is because they reproduced themselves into oblivion. Some places they have 10 kids just on the hope that one of them will make it into a western country...and immigration just enables it more.
I'm all for bringing in skilled medical pros or whatever Canada needs- within reason ... as in bring the wife and 1.8 kids, not 8 cousins, mom, dad, 13 brothers and 6 uncles . This country is being used as a immigration doormat(among other things-like adding 350,000 new lib voters yr). If people have any sense of national self preservation, they will wake up to whats happening...or not.
What you're saying is nicely visualized in this video below:

cyruslosco66
Banned

Post by cyruslosco66 »

Sparki55 wrote:
lol thats nice ? why are you directing this at me ?
do you think im a first nations because my forum name ? :smt045 wow . but i will say this ,my personal experiances with first nations in my home town of terrace has lead me to believe that they would share their land faster than anyone else would . respect goes a long ways with them is my opinion on that .

I cant speak for any band though , its just my thoughts .
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

indianlarry66 wrote:
Sparki55 wrote:
lol thats nice ? why are you directing this at me ?
do you think im a first nations because my forum name ? :smt045 wow . but i will say this ,my personal experiances with first nations in my home town of terrace has lead me to believe that they would share their land faster than anyone else would . respect goes a long ways with them is my opinion on that .

I cant speak for any band though , its just my thoughts .
Lol, my bad then.

I assumed that because you used the slang term that you in fact were born First Nations.

If my name was whitekid45, I'd be a good assumption Ilm white lol.
cyruslosco66
Banned

Post by cyruslosco66 »

lo indianlarry is a bikebuilder that died over ten years ago , he was on bikerbuild off on discovery . his fav bike was the old indians . :130:

i wanted to have a tribute to him thats why i chose indianlarry .
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

oldtrucker wrote: If predictions of 10 or 11 billion...or more are correct, methinks closing the gates now while we 'still have the option' to do so is the only way to preserve our country, its environment, and our way of life.
Not a big fan of nationalism. “Closing the gates” and engaging in isolationism is definitely a fear-based response, and sadly, most often with this idea it’s the fear of people and ideas that are different. Canada not only has a lot of room and opportunity for immigrants, but also the desperate need for them as us white folk are just not reproducing enough. While I am a proud Canadian and known for our acceptance and appreciation for diversity, I am not a nationalist. As a futurist, I recognize and accept the world is changing rapidly now and we need to adapt and evolve if we want some form of civilization to survive. The human race has so much potential but we won’t realize it by sequestering ourselves behind artificial borders. Historically, nationalism and populism have been precursors for major conflicts and world wars. Nope, not a big fan.
1. nationalism
[ˈnaSH(ə)nəˌlizəm]

NOUN
nationalism (noun) · nationalisms (plural noun)
1. patriotic feeling, principles, or efforts.
synonyms:
separatism · secessionism · partitionism · isolationism · sectarianism
 an extreme form of this, especially marked by a feeling of superiority over other countries.
Nationalism: the even greater risk than the COVID-19 crisis?

<snip>

The silent rise of nationalism

While the spread of the virus clearly represents a massive challenge for countries, companies and people, the walls (physical or otherwise) popping up everywhere are even more worrying. Individuals and entire countries are starting to behave in very selfish ways.

<snip>

If there is anything we can learn from history, then it’s that extreme forms of nationalism are not a viable solution for humanity. This is a time where, around the world, we all need to grow closer and not further apart.

https://www.imd.org/research-knowledge/ ... 19-crisis/
How Significant is Nationalism as a Cause of War?

Nationalism has been closely associated with the most destructive wars of human history; the revisionist states responsible for initiating both the First and the Second World Wars have historically been examined as the epitome of the dangers of nationalism.

https://www.e-ir.info/2012/06/19/how-si ... se-of-war/

Return to “World”