Australia is on fire. No, not *parts*… THE WHOLE CONTINENT.

rekabis
Grand Pooh-bah

Australia is on fire. No, not *parts*… THE WHOLE CONTINENT.

Post by rekabis »

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/ ... ss-country

Australia is on fire.

The country on Saturday saw delayed flights on the second day of a national state of emergency due to raging brushfires near every major city and choked out smoke conditions.

Australian reporter Saffron Howden used a map from the Government of Western Australia to show how the blazes have ringed the entire continent.

"My god," Howden tweeted.

“Fires the size of Kansas”. Welcome to Global Warming.

Global Warming Deniers, your tin-foil hats and dunce caps are stacked to the left. Your seating is over with the flat-earthers, young-earthers, Sandy Hook truthers and anti-vaxxers.
I am a simple man. My complexity evolves from multitudes.
DetectivePikachu
Board Meister

Re: Australia is on fire. No, not *parts*… THE WHOLE CONTINE

Post by DetectivePikachu »

Middle seems fine.

Global warming? what is this 1995?
Your point is lost with old outdated Boomer lingo.
rekabis
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by rekabis »

DetectivePikachu wrote:Middle seems fine.

Yeah, bare sand, rock and soil doesn’t exactly burn all that well.

DetectivePikachu wrote:Global warming? what is this 1995?
Your point is lost with old outdated Boomer lingo.

It’s still used by the Scientific Community, along with the politically correct/sanitized “climate change”. In fact, the term Global Warming is still used widely across media/reporting as well.

So it being in widespread/common usage makes it not really all that boomer-ish.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

rekabis wrote:Global Warming Deniers, your tin-foil hats and dunce caps are stacked to the left. Your seating is over with the flat-earthers, young-earthers, Sandy Hook truthers and anti-vaxxers.

While this is quite an inviting invitation, and quite polite as well, tell us, pray-tell, what would have or could have been done to avoid this? If everyone reading your kind invite responded with "we are turning off our brains and blindly believing in this hoax" would that have changed anything? Would that stop the Chinese and the Indians from burning coal? Just what is your goal here exactly? Don't do the usual man-made climate change screamer thing and insult everyone, tell us what you would do? And don't tell us that Canada HAS to do something, as no matter what we do, it's a mouse-fart. Tell us how you are going to change the Chinese and Indian economies over night. I am all ears.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Last edited by Jlabute on Dec 25th, 2019, 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Jlabute wrote:Australia needs better Forest management, plus they need to stop all the fanatical teenager climate left-tards from starting fires.

Yeah, I hear that Trump is ready to adopt Finnish forest management practices.....like raking the forest floor. [icon_lol2.gif]
Darn Greta must have flown down to Australia with Soros and started a bunch of fires.
You and 71 others Like this post
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

I went on line and browsed through CommonDreams. A media outlet similar to the far-left leaning The Tyee. Lots of sensationalism written into their articles, with those commenting were screaming at capitalism and patting each other on the back.

I also searched out some Australian sites and found sites similar to what BC has in regards to forest fires: full coverage of every fire since the start of their fire season, under control, being monitored, still burning, out of control. Of course every fire was shown on the map, including those that were out.

So let's put the above article into perspective. It's written thoroughly on emotion with not a lot of up-to-date information. If CommonDreams had done an article on pretty well any fire season in BC, their readers would have thought B. C. is on fire. No, not *part*...THE WHOLE PROVINCE.

Btw, CommonDreams also had an article on the RCMP supposedly having snipers standing by on that gas pipeline up north. Again, it was filled with sensationalism, as were the comments.

Bottom line, read real Australian media outlets for info that's closer to the facts.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 25th, 2019, 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
rekabis
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by rekabis »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 25th, 2019, 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
rekabis
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by rekabis »

Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Pretty soon there will be droughts and floods everywhere.

Alaska just had 7 feet of snow. Thankfully it wasn’t 7 feet of rain.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/weather/video/extreme-snowfall-in-alaska-sets-record-1113912387804

Greenland snow mass off to a record start
https://electroverse.net/big-gains-for-greenland-ice-sheet-n-hemisphere-total-snow-mass-off-to-a-record-start/
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Jlabute wrote:Pretty soon there will be droughts and floods everywhere.

Alaska just had 7 feet of snow. Thankfully it wasn’t 7 feet of rain.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/weather/video/extreme-snowfall-in-alaska-sets-record-1113912387804

Greenland snow mass off to a record start
https://electroverse.net/big-gains-for-greenland-ice-sheet-n-hemisphere-total-snow-mass-off-to-a-record-start/

And that's the way it should be.
Thankfully, life is returning to normal.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 25th, 2019, 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 25th, 2019, 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Gone_Fishin wrote:What forest management policies in Australia have contributed to increased forest fire activity? Has their suppression of natural forest fire burn cycles created an environment ripe for fires, the same as we've done here in BC?

The last time I was in Australia I was told about, and shown, vast tracts of lands that the government no longer allows the Aboriginals to annually burn off. The Aboriginals did this to create feed for all the animals and critters they traditionally eat, this is something they’ve been doing for at least the last 10,000 years. Also the government, due to pressure from environmental groups, have banned sheep from grazing on millions of acres of crown land, land that sheep have been grazing on since the early 1800’s... The negative consequences being forests and grasslands full of thick ladder fuels...of course there’s going to be major forest fires.

ETA: I was shown these areas by a retired forest and rangeland manager for the NSW government, who predicted there would bad fires due to the Australia governments putting a stop to traditional activities.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.

Return to “World”