New war in Iraq - Courtesy of Donald Trump.

Scorp
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Some suff on Iran :) - Courtesy of Donald Trump.

Post by Scorp »

I found this is an interesting and different take on all of this, too.

““The Same Kind of Lies We’re Told Here By Our Own Government”: How Pro-America Iranians View Trump and the Current Crisis

In Iran, it's possible to protest the regime, oppose Iran's role in Syria and Yemen, mourn Soleimani, and have positive views of the U.S. Five Iranians talk about their complex perspectives on the global landscape.”

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/01/ ... ent-crisis
Last edited by Scorp on Jan 11th, 2020, 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Necro
Übergod

Re: New war in Iraq - Courtesy of Donald Trump.

Post by Necro »

There isn't a "new war" in Iraq. Those peddling this nonsense should be ignored.
Did you know 1 of 3 Biden voters are as dumb as the other 2? #LetsGoBrandon!
Necro
Übergod

Post by Necro »

oldtrucker wrote:
Necro wrote:There isn't a "new war" in Iraq. Those peddling this nonsense should be ignored.

The thread title is a bit off...no one other than in the first few posts with the Iraqi bases being hit...or missed , is saying it's in Iraq.

The thread title is a fabrication pulled from dnc run media.

I digress.

There is no "new" war. I know this because "Congress" would have approved it, right?

lmbo
Did you know 1 of 3 Biden voters are as dumb as the other 2? #LetsGoBrandon!
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Urban Cowboy wrote:From where I sit it appears more like you don't get this conflict.

It's the US that has been meddling in the affairs of countries in that region, for as long as I can remember.

It's quite obvious you need to find a new place to sit.

Please post my quote where I contradicted this.

But thank you for confirming my point that this conflict existed long before Trump :up:
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Iran denies coverup of Plane crash, and Trump denies the U.s. had anything to do with crash. The victims families have not only their grief to deal with, but the never ending lies and lack of responsibility for the deaths of 176. How long is it going to take for everyone to step up and admit responsibility, in order to prevent this ever happening again?

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/01/ ... 41514.html

https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/maple-l ... -1.4764217
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Politicians (all of them) would rather walk over hot coals then admit to anything.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Silverstarqueen wrote:.
Now Iran has admitted their part in the Ukrainian plane crash, does Trump recognize his role? no, he says "We had nothing to do with it."

What do you want him to say? We pressed the button? This is just TDS nonsense. Trump has no role in this, other than he's cleaning up the giant mess left behind by the great appeaser Barry O.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

So which is it, Trump has no role in this. Or Trump is cleaning up a big mess?
One general "cleaned up", AND a threat to retaliate if the Iranians did "anything" they should not. 176 innocent people collateral damage as a direct result of the environment of fear which was not there the week before Trump made that threat.

There also was no intelligence that the threat was "imminent", just that Trump had a "belief" that four embassies were about to be attacked.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Silverstarqueen wrote:So which is it, Trump has no role in this. Or Trump is cleaning up a big mess?

This is pretty simple to understand.

He has no role in the shooting down of an airliner. That's all on Iran.

His only role in the Iran story at all is cleaning up the mess left by Barrack "His name be praised" Obama.
puterbrother
Board Meister

Post by puterbrother »

A perfect game of chess.
Have you seen the pro Israel and pro U.S. demonstrations in Iran ?
Probably not,if you only watch MSM.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Silverstarqueen wrote:So which is it, Trump has no role in this. Or Trump is cleaning up a big mess?

This is pretty simple to understand.
He has no role in the shooting down of an airliner. That's all on Iran.
His only role in the Iran story at all is cleaning up the mess left by Barrack "His name be praised" Obama.

Trump led the Iranians to believe he would retaliate and hard if Iran did "anything" they should not.
so they were expecting some kind of missiles in response, and were not surprisingly on tenderhooks and made a snap judgement when they saw a plane on the radar. That's cause and effect in a war.
If Trump would have clearly stated his intentions (which now it turns out is more like sanctions) if Iranians sent missiles, and if anyone could actually believe anything the guy says, they likely would not have interpreted that plane as a threat.
This is Trump's weak point, lack of clarity in communication. In a potential war situation this is bound to cause confusion, errors, and casualties.

Return to “World”