U.S. Senate races 2020

occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: U.S. Senate races 2020

Post by occasional thoughts »

Realclearpolitics has published some new polling numbers for U.S. Senate contests. The Democratic candidate is ahead by 3% in Iowa while the Republican candidate is ahead by 9% in Missouri.

For all the U.S. political polling results, updated every day, click:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

occasional thoughts wrote:Realclearpolitics has published some new polling numbers for U.S. Senate contests. The Democratic candidate is ahead by 3% in Iowa while the Republican candidate is ahead by 9% in Missouri.

For all the U.S. political polling results, updated every day, click:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

I don't know why people put any stake in polls. Who takes these polls? People who don't have anything better to do. The only polls that count are on election day.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
iSnack
Board Meister

Post by iSnack »

A challenger for 'Crusty' McGrath to go against 'Rich' Mitch in Kentucky.

"Highest-circulation Kentucky newspaper endorses Charles Booker in Senate race"

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/5021 ... enate-race

Primary is June 23.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

You could take a look at realclearpolitics.com . . . the sponsors of the polls are always clearly identified. The Des Moines Register paid for the Iowa poll, something called the Missouri Scout sponsored the Missouri poll. Of course only the election day poll "counts" but politicians do their own extensive polling, and news and other organizations do polling for public or occasionally private consumption. Some sources of polling results also publish sample sizes. People who don't like or "believe" in polling should not bother consuming the information. It is a snapshot at an instant of time of opinion or voting intentions by a sample of people; said sample having a possibility of error within a given range.
iSnack
Board Meister

Post by iSnack »

Madisonville Messenger, KY

"Early primary voting has been a hit in county"

http://www.the-messenger.com/news/local ... 4d0dd.html

"Hopkins County residents are making their voices heard.

. . .

"Through both mobile voting and mail-in votes, Cloern said they had counted 5,506 votes. She expects the numbers to surpass the previous general election primary count.

“Each election is different. I compare numbers to the same previous races,” she said. “Four years ago, the primary was a 20% turnout with around 6,500 total votes.

. . .

iSnack
Board Meister

Post by iSnack »

Talking to the KY Republicans in my family this morning, the plan for the primary is to vote undecided in the Trump section, and then for anybody besides Mitch in the Senate section that may have a chance at beating the selected Democrat.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

The KY primary is next week (week after the one coming) I believe. The Dem. "female" candidate for Senate seemed pretty on mark; she advertises on MSNBC. The Black state legislator has only just crept onto my radar.

Heard chit-chat on cable news today that Sen. Lindsay G. is not a sure thing in South Carolina; a poll (with all its margins of error and other travesties) show him and his Dem. challenger tied. The U.S. channels have done a decent job of showing how Mr. Graham has changed over the years to nowadays "Hypocrit-In-Chief" of U.S. politics.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

iSnack wrote:Talking to the KY Republicans in my family this morning, the plan for the primary is to vote undecided in the Trump section, and then for anybody besides Mitch in the Senate section that may have a chance at beating the selected Democrat.

How does your family feel about all of the Black Lives Matter donation money being funneled into the DNC in Kentucky? Are they ok with that, or do they think it's a massive breach of ethics?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

occasional thoughts wrote:The KY primary is next week (week after the one coming) I believe. The Dem. "female" candidate for Senate seemed pretty on mark; she advertises on MSNBC.

And guess who is paying for that? All of the suckers donating to BLM...are you ok with that? Of course you are...
Attachments
IMG-20200611-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20200611-WA0007.jpg
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
iSnack
Board Meister

Post by iSnack »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
iSnack wrote:Talking to the KY Republicans in my family this morning, the plan for the primary is to vote undecided in the Trump section, and then for anybody besides Mitch in the Senate section that may have a chance at beating the selected Democrat.

How does your family feel about all of the Black Lives Matter donation money being funneled into the DNC in Kentucky? Are they ok with that, or do they think it's a massive breach of ethics?

"EXCLUSIVE: Donations, Including International Funding, to BlackLivesMatter.com Go Directly to the DNC – This Is Money Laundering" ?

http://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threads/do ... nc.269901/

I don't know.

Oh, sorry, now I see.

Of course they are. :yahoo: :clapping: :up: :up:
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

I've never understood what the hatred for BLM was, even before the recent events. If they've taken some hints from the RNC on funnelling foreign money in through fraudulent donations to the 2016 inauguration or cues from Russian influence on the election, well, the people I like have been saying over and over again that Trump's actions set precedents for presidents to come, either or all stripes.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Do I gather, G.B., that we're on the same side of a "clean up campaign financing" campaign?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

occasional thoughts wrote:I've never understood what the hatred for BLM was, even before the recent events.

And I don't understand how this comment is relevant to the conversation. This has nothing to do with "BLM", or anyone "hating" them. It's about the DNC people stealing money donated to them, and funneling into the campaigns of people like this Ann McGrath person, running against Mitch McConnell. How would you feel if you felt passionately about Black Lives Matter, and found out your hard-earned dollars you made as a teacher/professor (or whatever ivory tower job you have) were just being stolen by the DNC, and handed over to half-wit communists like Bernie Sanders?

I know I would be livid. If I wanted to support the destruction of the US economy by imbeciles, I'd donate to Bernie directly. My money needn't be parceled off and handed over to them without my permission or knowledge. That's just typical of DNC arrogance and flagrant stupidity.

If they've taken some hints from the RNC on funnelling foreign money in through fraudulent donations to the 2016 inauguration or cues from Russian influence on the election, well, the people I like have been saying over and over again that Trump's actions set precedents for presidents to come, either or all stripes.

LOL - here we go. As usual, somehow, DNC malfeasance and general scumbaggery is "Trump's fault". Amazing how so many apologists with zero integrity just go there. No, the DNC is not taking cues from made up and false narratives about Russian influence, they have been people for a long time. They don't need to "take cues" from anyone. They are pure slime.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Geez, I thought your attack on what you're alleging was a pretty clear plea for campaign funding clean-up, which I would support viz-a-viz any politician of any stripe. I realize I'm a snowflake and a Communist, but actually I'm more of an outside observer than a true partisan of anything. I've really only gone overboard in labelling two politicians harshly, Stephen Harper and D.J.T. FORGIVE ME! My parents brought me up to be a good Christian/Socred of the day, but I strayed.

As for relevance to topic, the topic (my OP) was about U.S. Senate races 2020. It was not really meant to be another slash-and-burn site on evil Republicans vs. eviler Democrats. Sadly, most forums get turned into that sort of "discussion" after a little while.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

occasional thoughts wrote:Geez, I thought your attack on what you're alleging was a pretty clear plea for campaign funding clean-up, which I would support viz-a-viz any politician of any stripe.

Sure - then why did you just deflect like that? It's so silly.

I realize I'm a snowflake and a Communist, but actually I'm more of an outside observer than a true partisan of anything.

LOL - you aren't just an outside observer. You're horribly partisan. You've bought every single Leftist talking point. It's pretty sad actually.

Sadly, most forums get turned into that sort of "discussion" after a little while.

And it's everyone's fault. I asked a simple question - how do those pushing the anti-Mitch narrative, especially those with relatives in Kentucky - feel about Black Lives Matter donations being used by the DNC? Shouldn't they feel that this is gross malfeasance? If not, why not? I am trying to see if for once, there is some Leftists here who aren't stark raving hypocrites. It's really and truly hard to find such people.

Return to “World”