U.S. Senate races 2020

occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: U.S. Senate races 2020

Post by occasional thoughts »

*removed* I will say that inr our system and same south of the border that protests and demonstrations are all well and good, but the real change in our societies is accomplished through voting and elections. For the U.S., President, Congress and their roles in judicial appointments; state houses, mayor and councils and endlessly on (vote Democrat for dog catcher for more-humane capture). Makes sense to me that BLM might be funding political candidates or voter registration campaigns.
Last edited by ferri on Jun 26th, 2020, 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Contact moderator via private message.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

occasional thoughts wrote:On the substance of the second-last post, no one is being elected; someone is being nominated to run in November. And it doesn't really matter if someone won't concede an election result. Remember that yahoo for Senate in Alabama a couple of years ago who wouldn't concede to the apparent winner Jones of the Dems. The important issue is whose election is certified by the election authorities. About the only thing that "refusing to concede" means is that someone might fight a result in court.

So you nitpick on my term but avoid the reason for the post.
How about addressing the fact a Black candidate is using the race card to argue that he is not going to concede the nomination to another Black candidate that won the nomination.
He stated the reason himself. I will quote him again.

He also claimed another polling site “in the heart of a Black neighborhood” didn’t open on time, prompting some potential voters to give up.

He is saying the black vote wasn't allowed to get to the polling site. And because he's black he didn't get the votes.
But his opponent is black. :135:
It's like he's never seen him.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

I'm sorry you think I'm nit-picking. The "losing" Black candidate's argument about not getting the "Black" vote because it went to the "winning" Black candidate is totally bizarre; along the lines of "what's he been smoking" and then some. But it is evident from the story that not all votes had been counted and a winner had not been declared by the proper authority, whether or not the crazy guy conceded. There may be garble in the newspaper's account. Or there may be local aspects we don't understand, because the seat was previously held by a latino, so obviously the district is mixed race/ethnicity.

The role of "conceding" is an interesting and difficult one. The biggest concession I can think of was when Al Gore conceded to George Bush in 2000; I consider the election was stolen from Gore by Bush's brother Jeb, Gov. of Florida, but Gore decided to concede for the good of the country. Concession means only that he wasn't going to fight it further than he did.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

occasional thoughts wrote:I'm sorry you think I'm nit-picking. The "losing" Black candidate's argument about not getting the "Black" vote because it went to the "winning" Black candidate is totally bizarre; along the lines of "what's he been smoking" and then some. But it is evident from the story that not all votes had been counted and a winner had not been declared by the proper authority, whether or not the crazy guy conceded. There may be garble in the newspaper's account. Or there may be local aspects we don't understand, because the seat was previously held by a latino, so obviously the district is mixed race/ethnicity.

The role of "conceding" is an interesting and difficult one. The biggest concession I can think of was when Al Gore conceded to George Bush in 2000; I consider the election was stolen from Gore by Bush's brother Jeb, Gov. of Florida, but Gore decided to concede for the good of the country. Concession means only that he wasn't going to fight it further than he did.

OMG!
Read the story. He is using race, his race, the black race, to dispute the results. That is the whole jist. Nothing more. All the other points you are making are meaningless.
If you don't understand that the candidate is using the race card against a member of his own race, I can't help you.
The irony is palpable.
It would make sense if he used the race card against a white or other non-black opponent. But he didn't.
:dash:
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

So McGrath the White woman beats Booker the Black guy in Kentucky's Dem. primary. She'll go up against Mitch for the seat in the Senate in November.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/30/politics ... index.html
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

realclearpolitics.com reports a new Senate poll released today by East Carolina University for the N.C. Senate race:

North Carolina Senate - Tillis vs. Cunningham East Carolina U. Cunningham 41, Tillis 41 Tie

There are not a lot of individual House of Representatives contests/polls released, but the occasional "generic" poll of House results, one such issued today, has the Dems ahead by 14%. That is everal points ahead of polls ahead of the 2018 elections when the Dems took back the HofR by some 40 seats.

2020 Generic Congressional Vote USA Today/Suffolk Democrats 51, Republicans 37 Democrats +14
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

U.S. Senate race polls published July 1, 2020:

Arizona Senate - McSally vs. Kelly CNBC/Change Research (D) Kelly 53, McSally 44 Kelly +9
Michigan Senate - James vs. Peters CNBC/Change Research (D) Peters 49, James 42 Peters +7
North Carolina Senate - Tillis vs. Cunningham CNBC/Change Research (D) Cunningham 51, Tillis 41 Cunningham +10

A poll published yesterday showed the N.C. race tied; today's, the Dem is ahead by 10% Just goes to show you why polling is an imperfect practice. But they remain an important feature of the landscape of electoral politics.

I don't know why they don't conduct and publish polls from some other states, like Alabama and whether the Dem, Jones, will have any chance of holding on to his seat.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

occasional thoughts wrote:So McGrath the White woman beats Booker the Black guy in Kentucky's Dem. primary. She'll go up against Mitch for the seat in the Senate in November.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/30/politics ... index.html

https://www.castanet.net/news/World/315 ... -Democrats

Polls started closing in key states where some of the nation’s most well-known senators were on the ballot. In Kentucky, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell fended off Democrat Amy McGrath, a former fighter pilot in a costly campaign, but he acknowledged his GOP colleagues face tougher races.
cyruslosco66
Banned

Post by cyruslosco66 »

Ivanka posts a ad for the two gop runoff hopefulls
in Georgia .

https://twitter.com/dhershiser/status/1 ... 53760?s=20
m4a ubi free palestine wear a mask support your local first nation band
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

indianlarry66 wrote:Ivanka posts a ad for the two gop runoff hopefulls
in Georgia .

https://twitter.com/dhershiser/status/1 ... 53760?s=20
Let's hope it works, the Dems taking over the Senate would have frightful and disgusting consequences for the American people.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Let's hope it works, the Dems taking over the Senate would have frightful and disgusting consequences for the American people.
OR other people's visions are welcome and they can operate government too when voted in. *removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 28th, 2020, 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

More disgusting behavior from the Democrats in Georgia. What an evil party.
Jon Ossoff Uses CNN Appearance to Fundraise for Campaign Despite Already Raising $106M

Jon Ossoff, the Democratic challenger running against Senator David Perdue in one of Georgia's Senate runoff elections, called for financial aid despite already raising $106 million.

"Well, Georgia voters are in trouble because of these efforts to disenfranchise them," Ossoff said during a Tuesday interview with CNN.

The Democrat claimed that the Republican Party has launched multiple efforts to disenfranchise Georgia voters. Ossoff stated that these efforts included lawsuits attempting to purge thousands of voters from rolls, forcing them to cast provisional ballots and trying to remove ballot drop boxes.

"We are running the largest 'get out the vote' effort in American history. We have called more than 5 million Georgia voters in recent weeks. We are knocking on tens of thousands of doors per day. And all of this turnout effort– this money isn't just going to television ads, this is turnout work and voter protection work," said Ossoff.
$106 million spent by the forces of evil to try and take back the Senate for the disgusting Democrats. Where do they get all of this money from? Think how much good that money could do towards helping the poor etc rather than funneling into the pockets of the horrible Democrats. Just amazing.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

cyruslosco66
Banned

Post by cyruslosco66 »

Fox news interviews one of the dem hopefulls.

m4a ubi free palestine wear a mask support your local first nation band
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

indianlarry66 wrote:Fox news interviews one of the dem hopefulls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU-yZrSxYwU
Yes this guy has really gone off the deep end in his pandering to the anti-Trump TDS mouth-breathers. I really hope that it backfires on him.

Return to “World”