Berklee College of Music apologizes

Should Berklee College have apologized for allowing Boston police officers to use the toilets?

YES
7%
NO
93%

Total votes: 15

Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Berklee College of Music apologizes

Post by Urbane »

Berklee College of Music says it is “deeply sorry” for letting Boston police officers use the school’s toilets, following protests over the death of George Floyd.

Berklee College of Music has apologised for allowing Boston police to use the school’s toilets, following protests on 31 May.

Berklee President Roger Brown, who is stepping down from his post at the Boston music school next year, said in a statement to the school community that allowing the officers inside had stirred up “feelings of oppression, silencing, and marginalisation.”

“Let me be clear,” he wrote. “This should not have happened, and going forward, it will not happen again.”
Full article: https://www.classicfm.com/music-news/be ... ra3TiUdUiM

You can read the first part of the article there and then click on to read the full story. Please take the poll as well.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: Berklee College of Music apologizes

Post by oneh2obabe »

Since when did allowing police to use washrooms for normal bodily functions lead to feelings of oppression, silencing, and marginalisation? What a bunch of horse pucky.

Hopefully some of the donors pull their funding and tell the college to stick it where the sun don't shine.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Urbane wrote:
.... had stirred up “feelings of oppression, silencing, and marginalisation.”

This is clearly the result of parents helicoptering their children.
So many children have been catered to, protected, told they were fragile, unique and were constantly being hovered over by their parents.

And now we have an entire generation of fragile snowflakes.

And the schools are just as guilty as the parents for caving into these overprotected children.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

Yes but do their lives matter, and if so, how. Seems like maybe the lives of snowflakes don't matter so much.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

This comment, on a CBS News site, is typical of the comments that I'm seeing:

Hapax LegomenonJune 11, 2020 at 3:21 am
Apologize for letting the police use the bathrooms? These are the people who risk their own lives to protect you, you idiots.

The response of the college is disgusting. I hope the police refuse to come next time the college needs them.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

All that needs to be said about this:

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

I feel sorry for Dementia Joe Biden. He's the poor sap who has to defend these lunatics. What a thankless job.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

One more thing, Too many participation awards
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

bb49 wrote:One more thing, Too many participation awards

I can confidently say that the Berklee school of music is very merit based. It’s the best of the best.
I see what they are doing since it doesn’t take much to notice lives instantly ruined for "bad behaviour" during this time (Jessica Mulroney, various business people, politicians etc).

While this is different because it was an allowed activity, and one that defers to basic human needs (using a bathroom), people in those situations need to realize there is a microscope on them at all times. And a video camera. And a person doing a screen capture.
At all times.
You and 71 others Like this post
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

LANDM wrote:
bb49 wrote:One more thing, Too many participation awards

I can confidently say that the Berklee school of music is very merit based. It’s the best of the best.
I see what they are doing since it doesn’t take much to notice lives instantly ruined for "bad behaviour" during this time (Jessica Mulroney, various business people, politicians etc).

While this is different because it was an allowed activity, and one that defers to basic human needs (using a bathroom), people in those situations need to realize there is a microscope on them at all times. And a video camera. And a person doing a screen capture.
At all times.

Huh? :135:

#StandUpToJewishHate

Return to “World”