Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dead at 87

my5cents
Guru

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dead at 87

Post by my5cents »

What can I say.

Can Trump get another conservative justice nominated in the next month and a half ?

https://www.castanet.net/news/World/311 ... dies-at-87
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dead at 87

Post by The Green Barbarian »

my5cents wrote:What can I say.

Can Trump get another conservative justice nominated in the next month and a half ?

we can all hope.

I never understood this whole "conservative" versus "Left-wing" judge thing. Just interpret the Constitution the way it should be interpreted and forget about politics.

I was hoping that we could just celebrate the life of a great woman who achieved a lot and did a lot, without getting into fear-mongering from the Left, but I know that's basically impossible.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
cyruslosco66
Banned

Post by cyruslosco66 »

Crowd outside the Supreme Court grows tonight.
Attachments
EiPaGoTWkAAWkaq.jpeg
m4a ubi free palestine wear a mask support your local first nation band
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

It would have been hard not to admire and like Judge Ginsburg. She’ll be missed.

Let’s hope that Trump replaces RBG with someone who can put the law ahead of their personal political agenda. It’s odd that so few find it remarkable that nine people who are alleged to be among the finest legal minds in the US are so often confused and divided over matters of the law.
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

My condolences to her Family and Friends.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Never heard of her, but it seems that she will be missed... https://twitter.com/PetiteNicoco/status ... 00608?s=09
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

The Green Barbarian wrote:

we can all hope.

I never understood this whole "conservative" versus "Left-wing" judge thing. Just interpret the Constitution the way it should be interpreted and forget about politics.

I was hoping that we could just celebrate the life of a great woman who achieved a lot and did a lot, without getting into fear-mongering from the Left, but I know that's basically impossible.

Hmm, McConnell stood stolidly by the "Biden Rule" in 2016 but is now vehemently against it. That same slimy force from the Right has made it clear within an hour of RBG's death that he will somehow force his puppet's choice through. That was classy. The fear-mongering from the Right is about to start and I think many of us who don't have blinders on know exactly what propaganda they'll use. Trump and his toadies have the diversion they've been looking for but will it be enough? I'm thinking it may backfire on them, but Trump and the GOP senate domination are in trouble. Their complete lack of integrity will make it impossible not to throw a wobbly Hail Mary.
I birn quil I se
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Here's interesting info about the Supreme Court: https://www.uscourts.gov/about-federal- ... rces/about
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Randall T wrote:
Hmm, McConnell stood stolidly by the "Biden Rule" in 2016 but is now vehemently against it. That same slimy force from the Right has made it clear within an hour of RBG's death that he will somehow force his puppet's choice through. .

As I said:

"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

https://www.castanet.net/news/World/311 ... dies-at-87

We can all hope not.

The lure of appointing someone who thinks religion trumps the Constitution may not be easy to resist. Can't wait to see Trump's candidates however, maybe not but maybe. I think this is a blow to liberal progressivism regardless.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Why is judge picking so political in the US? Shouldn't judges be apolitical, and more interested in upholding the laws and constitution than picking a political camp? Does anyone here get upset when a Canadian judge dies or gets appointed? If so, I've never seen it happen.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
cyruslosco66
Banned

Post by cyruslosco66 »

Glacier wrote:Why is judge picking so political in the US? Shouldn't judges be apolitical, and more interested in upholding the laws and constitution than picking a political camp? Does anyone here get upset when a Canadian judge dies or gets appointed? If so, I've never seen it happen.

The answer is it should not be political.
m4a ubi free palestine wear a mask support your local first nation band
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Liberals dominated the US supreme court for decades but as soon as they lose that majority they lose their minds and go off saying that they should add more justices to have 11 or 13 instead of 9. Of course they'd only do that if the democrats win the senate so that they can bring back their liberal court majority. Not very tolerant I'd say. Honestly I think that the court has been more apolitical since gorsuch and kavanaugh were added, I don't seen any particularly strong conservative bias, especially compared to how it was when the liberals were in control.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Queen K wrote: I think this is a blow to liberal progressivism regardless.

We can all hope so.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Frisk wrote:Liberals dominated the US supreme court for decades but as soon as they lose that majority they lose their minds and go off saying that they should add more justices to have 11 or 13 instead of 9. Of course they'd only do that if the democrats win the senate so that they can bring back their liberal court majority. Not very tolerant I'd say. Honestly I think that the court has been more apolitical since gorsuch and kavanaugh were added, I don't seen any particularly strong conservative bias, especially compared to how it was when the liberals were in control.

As with everything else, everything is worse with liberals in control. Oh those tolerant liberals...

Leftists are threatening violence if Senate Republicans confirm President Trump’s nominee to replace Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

“If they even TRY to replace RBG we burn the entire f***ing thing down,” former CNN host Reza Aslan wrote on Twitter. “Over our dead bodies. Literally.”

It was a chilling threat from from the Iranian-American professor, author and television host.

“Not a threat, but if they do, they all should consider living the rest of their lives in armor protected cars and homes,” another Twitter wrote. “Forget going out to dinner or anything else, plan on living in a bunker the rest of your days.”

https://www.toddstarnes.com/crime/burn- ... KAq4fIbJk8

Here's more from brainless Leftist donkeys...so tolerant...so respectful of democracy...such solid citizens...just yuck.

https://twitter.com/LEBassett/status/13 ... insburg%2F

https://twitter.com/truebluecanadi1/sta ... 1201422336

https://twitter.com/rezaaslan/status/13 ... insburg%2F

https://twitter.com/BeauWillimon/status ... insburg%2F

These people are true human scum. The Left just plain sucks.

Return to “World”