Joe Biden Discussion

User avatar
Y-Wine
Fledgling
Posts: 105
Joined: Mar 11th, 2007, 8:15 am

Re: Joe Biden Discussion

Post by Y-Wine »

rustled wrote: Sep 1st, 2021, 8:12 am
normaM wrote: Sep 1st, 2021, 8:00 am when I saw that in my News feed I was totally disappointed in Biden
so disrepectful
He won't last the full term
I think the people who put him in place were hoping he'd last to the 2022 elections, though.
I'm thinking that he will be assassinated by his own people (think Kennedy) about the 36th month of his Presidency. Just as the election season starts. The Democrat's will blame Republicans/Trump and the evil Proud Boys and anyone on the right side of the spectrum. This will do two things to help keep them in power.

First, they can proclaim Kameltoe Harris as the 1st Black, Woman President and divert the attention away from the Democrat's bad choice in Joe. She can be the new saviour of the embattled USA. BLM, feminist groups etc. will fall over with joy and Joe can go down in the books as Martyr.

Second, it will divide the country even further and will portray the Republicans as Treasonous, Corrupt and Dangerous. Democrats falling back on the "Insurrection that wasn't" mantra of yesteryear to keep the division going. Vote for "US". We are here to protect you!
Can you you say "Civil War" in our life time?
I hope not.
nucksRnum1
Übergod
Posts: 1746
Joined: Jul 2nd, 2021, 1:55 pm

Re: Joe Biden Discussion

Post by nucksRnum1 »

rustled wrote: Sep 1st, 2021, 3:36 pmIMO it's not being equated with dementia, it's being equated with disrespect. That said, though, a person in Biden's position without dementia would understand the bad optics of checking your watch at the moment Biden checked his - he gave the clear impression he needed or wanted to be somewhere else immediately. Not a good look. Whereas someone with dementia would have their dementia as an excuse for being in too big a hurry to be more respectful.
A leader doesn't have to do every single thing. Biden delegated to the military leaders putting a plan together. In the end, that plan made by sr staff failed. Biden has taken responsibility for the plan not working. And now it's over.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 65907
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Joe Biden Discussion

Post by The Green Barbarian »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Sep 1st, 2021, 5:41 pm . Biden has taken responsibility for the plan not working.
"Taking responsibility" means resigning. Just saying that you "take responsibility" means absolutely nothing if all you do is stumble out and read off of teleprompter (badly) and babble on about how badly you screwed up. Joe needs to go. Now.
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 65907
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Joe Biden Discussion

Post by The Green Barbarian »



Joe Biden is scaring "the hell" out of Americans right now. Did anyone think that this was going to go any other way?
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
foenix
Guru
Posts: 6903
Joined: Mar 30th, 2020, 1:30 pm

Re: Joe Biden Discussion

Post by foenix »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Sep 1st, 2021, 6:32 pm

Joe Biden is scaring "the hell" out of Americans right now. Did anyone think that this was going to go any other way?
Lindsey Graham is hardly worth listening to so it really doesn't matter what he says. He's got no room to criticize anyone.because he's right up there with Ted Cruz Playa de Carmen.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 65907
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Joe Biden Discussion

Post by The Green Barbarian »

foenix wrote: Sep 1st, 2021, 9:53 pm
Lindsey Graham is hardly worth listening to
Unless you want to hear what a disgusting and senile old man Joe Biden is. Then yes, he's well worth listening to.
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
User avatar
normaM
Admiral HMS Castanet
Posts: 29804
Joined: Sep 18th, 2007, 7:28 am

Re: Joe Biden Discussion

Post by normaM »

Just because he is older doesn't make him senile.. sheesh
The optic of looking intently at his watch - negative. There are far more subtle ways
AIADMF
Septuagenarian
Übergod
Posts: 1517
Joined: Jan 1st, 2021, 7:49 am

Re: Joe Biden Discussion

Post by Septuagenarian »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Sep 1st, 2021, 9:56 pm
foenix wrote: Sep 1st, 2021, 9:53 pm
Lindsey Graham is hardly worth listening to
Unless you want to hear what a disgusting and senile old man Joe Biden is. Then yes, he's well worth listening to.
normaM wrote: Sep 2nd, 2021, 5:39 am Just because he is older doesn't make him senile.. sheesh
The optic of looking intently at his watch - negative. There are far more subtle ways
And sometimes the effects of age begin to be not subtle, which some people may equate with being disgusting.

And do we need that quality of comment here among us?

I don't think so. :thumbsdown:
User avatar
PoplarSoul
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2349
Joined: Apr 23rd, 2021, 12:27 pm

Re: Joe Biden Discussion

Post by PoplarSoul »

normaM wrote: Sep 2nd, 2021, 5:39 am Just because he is older doesn't make him senile.. sheesh
The optic of looking intently at his watch - negative. There are far more subtle ways
Watch the last 2 minutes of the 41 minute video.
The ceremony is over.
He quickly glanced at his watch. You almost miss it.
Much to do about nothing.
Just saying.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?514338-1/ ... fghanistan
"The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance."
Alan Watts
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 65907
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Joe Biden Discussion

Post by The Green Barbarian »

normaM wrote: Sep 2nd, 2021, 5:39 am Just because he is older doesn't make him senile.. sheesh
It's not his age that makes him senile. It's his senility that makes him senile.
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
User avatar
Jlabute
Lord of the Board
Posts: 4598
Joined: Jan 18th, 2009, 1:08 pm

Re: Joe Biden Discussion

Post by Jlabute »

foenix wrote: Sep 1st, 2021, 8:01 am
So someone checking out a watch is a sign of dementia now? [icon_lol2.gif] That's a desperate gasp at nothing.
If you are constantly checking your watch during an important event, what does it mean? You tell us.

Everyone sees it as at least, disrespectful. Would you do it in a job interview? It's like looking at your phone when someone is talking to you.

1) Nervousness
2) A desire to leave, not a priority
3) Dementia, can't remember the time
4) OCD, might be related to above
4) Bored
5) Because he is Kira (glittery, shiny) - naaaaaa, not likely.
6) Admiring the mechanical movement at an inappropriate time.
7) Trying to look busy so no one will ask him a question.
8) Online game where you get points every time you look at your watch




Both fathers noticed Biden checking his watch. Biden is not ware of his surroundings and behaves inappropriately. A sign of dementia. There is no benefit to repeatedly checking a watch.
Last edited by Jlabute on Sep 2nd, 2021, 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Measure what can be measured, and make measurable what cannot be measured.
foenix
Guru
Posts: 6903
Joined: Mar 30th, 2020, 1:30 pm

Re: Joe Biden Discussion

Post by foenix »

normaM wrote: Sep 2nd, 2021, 5:39 am Just because he is older doesn't make him senile.. sheesh
The optic of looking intently at his watch - negative. There are far more subtle ways
That was after the 41 minutes ceremony was over and everyone was starting to go "at ease".....so a little bit of context matter, but if one is the Joe Biden hater (not saying you are) that wouldn't really matter.
foenix
Guru
Posts: 6903
Joined: Mar 30th, 2020, 1:30 pm

Re: Joe Biden Discussion

Post by foenix »

Jlabute wrote: Sep 2nd, 2021, 9:16 am
foenix wrote: Sep 1st, 2021, 8:01 am
So someone checking out a watch is a sign of dementia now? [icon_lol2.gif] That's a desperate gasp at nothing.
If you are constantly checking your watch during an important event, what does it mean? You tell us.

Everyone sees it as at least, disrespectful. Would you do it in a job interview? It's like looking at your phone when someone is talking to you.

Both fathers noticed Biden checking his watch. Biden is not ware of his surroundings and behaves inappropriately. A sign of dementia.
Please show us evidence that he was checking his watch all the time and not the one time when the ceremony was over and people were going into the "at ease" mode. I'll make it easy for you.....below is the entire 41 minutes ceremony...
The full video of the dignified transfer ceremony shows Biden honored each of the fallen U.S. service members. He appeared to check his watch after the ceremony ended.
https://news.yahoo.com/fact-check-biden ... 12827.html

Here's the full video.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?514338-1/ ... fghanistan

Yup, another desperate grasp at nothing....
Last edited by foenix on Sep 2nd, 2021, 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
rustled
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 15890
Joined: Dec 26th, 2010, 12:47 pm

Re: Joe Biden Discussion

Post by rustled »

Jlabute wrote: Sep 2nd, 2021, 9:16 am
foenix wrote: Sep 1st, 2021, 8:01 am
So someone checking out a watch is a sign of dementia now? [icon_lol2.gif] That's a desperate gasp at nothing.
If you are constantly checking your watch during an important event, what does it mean? You tell us.

Everyone sees it as at least, disrespectful. Would you do it in a job interview? It's like looking at your phone when someone is talking to you.

1) Nervousness
2) A desire to leave, not a priority
3) Dementia, can't remember the time
4) OCD, might be related to above
4) Bored
5) Because he is Kira (glittery, shiny) - naaaaaa, not likely.
6) Admiring the mechanical movement at an inappropriate time.
7) Trying to look busy so no one will ask him a question.
8) Online game where you get points every time you look at your watch




Both fathers noticed Biden checking his watch. Biden is not ware of his surroundings and behaves inappropriately. A sign of dementia. There is no benefit to repeatedly checking a watch.
According to Darin Hoover, Biden checked his watch as they released the salute after every one of the 13. Mark Schmitz says he quit watching Biden after the first few because it made him so angry to see Biden being so disrespectful.

So not once at the end of the entire ceremony - once at the end of each and every salute. The news cameras wouldn't have been on Biden the whole time, nor should they have been - that would have been highly disrespectful to the soldiers and their families.

Someone may well have been recording what the news cameras weren't. However, in the absence of footage, I'm inclined to believe these fathers' observations at the ceremony - he checked his watch after each of them - is more likely to be accurate than any Biden apologists' assertion he checked it "only once".
Ideology...gives evil-doing its long-sought justification and gives the evildoer the necessary steadfastness and determination...[it] is the social theory which helps to make his actions seem good instead of bad in his own and others' eyes...
-Solzhenitsyn
User avatar
Jlabute
Lord of the Board
Posts: 4598
Joined: Jan 18th, 2009, 1:08 pm

Re: Joe Biden Discussion

Post by Jlabute »

:up: :up: :up:

Yup, I would also believe the fathers.
Measure what can be measured, and make measurable what cannot be measured.

Return to “World”