China on the World Stage

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: China on the World Stage

Post by GordonH »

^^^ 2 :up: :up: thumbs up for Jon Stewart.... bats my :cuss:
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Here is a truth about China.
If you are not towing the party line, you are inciting "sedition" and are now part of a "crime scene."

As Apple City just found out.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/16/media/ap ... index.html
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
nepal
Übergod

Post by nepal »

For the sake of Canadians who do business with China, hopefully we can re-establish good relations, as China represents a huge export market for our farm, petroleum, and other products.

China might have a few flaws to work on, as do some other countries, but their economic revolution is amazing and has positively lifted hundreds of millions out of poverty there. If you don’t believe this, then hop on a plane and go see for yourself. Canada isn’t without flaws; ie Colonization, Native Res Schools deaths, Reserves, etc.

New Zealand has figured out how to carefully manage diplomacy, and already benefit from China, as do some other countries.
We are two-decades behind plugging into the China market, so maybe time to treat them as business customers, and start nurturing this massive market for our products. Eventually the value of their currency could exceed our own, which is already making some of their products more costly and our’s more competitive. Learning some Mandarin, might be smart asset to have.

Here is an intelligent Prime Minister’s perception of China, worth a listen to:

Former Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd, who speaks fluent Mandarin, cautions against five commonly held misperceptions of China and speaks of language as "a doorway to understanding."

Attachments
Example of just one company doing business in China. We also sell wine there, etc.
Example of just one company doing business in China. We also sell wine there, etc.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

An interesting article in CBC regarding the Barbados leaving the Commonwealth.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/barbados- ... -1.6266193

But for some inexplicable reason CBC completely omitted the real reason.
China.
Barbados is jumping out of bed with the Commonwealth and into bed with China. It's all rosy on the surface but in the not too distant future they will find themselves a lapdog for the Chinese.
I doubt the locals realize this but I'm pretty certain the heads of the government know who's buttering their bread.

China has bribed their way into the Barbados, along with pretty well every other country in the Caribbean.
A quick look and this came up.

Barbados is getting $500 million for hotels.

Trinidad and Tobago are getting a dry dock.

China is investing $3.9 billion in Jamaica.

In the Bahamas, China Construction Americas built a $4.2 billion resort, Baha Mar.

In Suriname, Chinese investments include a $500 million loan.

The Dominican Republic, whose last government broke relations with Taiwan in 2018, was reportedly promised $3 billion in credits and investments from China.

And on and on it goes throughout the Caribbean.
This has nothing to do with Barbados being unhappy with the Commonwealth, but bowing to a new master.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ any country jumping into bed with the CCP is in for a huge & terrible surprise.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Finally, a sports association with the balls to tell China to shove it.

https://www.castanetkamloops.net/news/W ... g-concerns
The head of the women’s professional tennis tour announced Wednesday that all WTA tournaments would be suspended in China because of concerns about the safety of Peng Shuai, a Grand Slam doubles champion who accused a former high-ranking government official in that country of sexual assault.

China is not going to be happy.

Now it's time for Olympic athletes around the world to do the same.

How can any Canadian Olympic athlete make the decision to go to that despicable country knowing what was done to their fellow countrymen, The Two Michaels?
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

bb49 wrote: Dec 1st, 2021, 3:02 pm How can any Canadian Olympic athlete make the decision to go to that despicable country knowing what was done to their fellow countrymen, The Two Michaels?
Turdeau said I can't eat in restaurants. No hockey games for me. And the worst thing - no travelling on planes or trains.
If Turdeau says no automobiles for me - I'll go to China.

So far they are more free than this despicable country.

WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Glad the WTA did this. :up: :up:

Personally, I'd have the athletes themselves make a decision if they are going to compete in a country like China. Canada should support those that choose to go but I wonder how many really want to compete under China's government ways.
China is really starting to pi :cuss: me off.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

seewood wrote: Dec 1st, 2021, 3:36 pm Personally, I'd have the athletes themselves make a decision if they are going to compete in a country like China. Canada should support those that choose to go but I wonder how many really want to compete under China's government ways.
China is really starting to pi :cuss: me off.
I disagree for one reason, if those that say they do not want to go are replaced with a willing candidate it's too hard a choice for an athlete. The government needs to step up on this decision and send a clear message.

Same as the WTA standing up for their athletes.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Sparki55 wrote: Dec 1st, 2021, 3:39 pm I disagree for one reason, if those that say they do not want to go are replaced with a willing candidate it's too hard a choice for an athlete.
Good point. perhaps that athlete(s) would be a scratch and that would be it. Don't fill in any holes in the roster?

Regardless, sad that Olympics can be used for political means.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Thinktank wrote: Dec 1st, 2021, 3:29 pm
bb49 wrote: Dec 1st, 2021, 3:02 pm How can any Canadian Olympic athlete make the decision to go to that despicable country knowing what was done to their fellow countrymen, The Two Michaels?
Turdeau said I can't eat in restaurants. No hockey games for me. And the worst thing - no travelling on planes or trains.
If Turdeau says no automobiles for me - I'll go to China.

So far they are more free than this despicable country.

Bye Bye.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

seewood wrote: Dec 1st, 2021, 3:43 pm Regardless, sad that Olympics can be used for political means.
I agree, if it wasn't for human rights, specifically detainment, issues then political items should be cast aside.

This is the world we live in now where even a brand needs to take a stance on issues to make their customers feel they are buying into the world they want to see. If someone doesn't support a brand's view, they find a different product/ brand.

I wish this would translate to more Canadian-made products but it's too easy to hide where all the small bits and pieces of a product come from.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

China is going to be *bleep*. Losing face on the international stage does not sit well with these people.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudea ... -1.6277773
Canada will not send government officials to 2022 Winter Olympics in China

Of course, Canada would never had made the first move, but at least it's a move in the right direction.
The U.S., U.K. and Australia already have announced they won't send official delegations to the games — a collective attempt to send a message to China that its human rights abuses have not gone unnoticed.

Now we need to hear from our athletes, and in particular, the highly paid hockey players.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

The US criticizing another country about discrimination and violence? Not defending China, but really.
I birn quil I se
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

You want to stick it to China and really show them what's what - stop trading with China. Oh wait, our whole economy is based on trading with China and will actually hurt us, can't have that.

Not sending *diplomats* to the Olympics is a meaningless gesture that has zero effect on anything, doesn't hurt either party, but sure shows how we like to lick our boss' buttocks (US), really digging in between them with our tongue. Oh, those tasty dingleberries.

No to mention we killed thousands of Chinese nationals building our country. And now we're on them for mistreating somebody. Irony...

Return to “World”