Caityn Jenner for Governor?

Caityn Jenner for Governor?

Postby Glacier » May 4th, 2021, 3:14 pm

The Republicans have gone from the Terminator to the Transformer.

3 people like this post.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 17269 posts

Re: Caityn Jenner for Governor?

Postby OKkayak » May 4th, 2021, 3:16 pm

Glacier wrote:The Republicans have gone from the Terminator to the Transformer.

:spitcoffee:

Good one [icon_lol2.gif]
"Conspiracy Theories are a way for idiots to feel like intellectuals."

- David Baddiel

rustled likes this post.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 19518 posts

Postby MalaPropina » May 4th, 2021, 10:27 pm

A washed up reality star with no experience and no qualifications in political office. Hmmm... I think we know how this ends. [icon_lol2.gif]

PoplarSoul likes this post.
MalaPropina
Board Meister

Liked in: 461 posts

Postby Staredintoabyss » May 4th, 2021, 10:59 pm

MalaPropina wrote:A washed up reality star with no experience and no qualifications in political office. Hmmm... I think we know how this ends. [icon_lol2.gif]

Possibly the same way as a part time drama teacher with a giant trust fund riding the family legacy into unearned power and authority.

6 people like this post.
Staredintoabyss
Fledgling

Liked in: 364 posts

Postby GordonH » May 5th, 2021, 4:32 am

MalaPropina wrote:A washed up reality star with no experience and no qualifications in political office. Hmmm... I think we know how this ends. [icon_lol2.gif]

There was a average actor who became California governor (absolutely no qualifications) then the President... oh yes his name Ronald Wilson Reagan.

I suspect within the Republican Party one of most revealed presidents of their parties history.

btw don’t get me wrong I am not saying Caitlyn would or even could follow in Ronald footsteps, just saying someone with no qualifications.
“I don't care whether people like me or dislike me. I'm not on earth to win a popularity contest.”
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Liked in: 12753 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby MalaPropina » May 5th, 2021, 10:54 am

GordonH wrote:There was a average actor who became California governor (absolutely no qualifications) then the President... oh yes his name Ronald Wilson Reagan.

I suspect within the Republican Party one of most revealed presidents of their parties history.

btw don’t get me wrong I am not saying Caitlyn would or even could follow in Ronald footsteps, just saying someone with no qualifications.

Big difference is Regan started a political career long before running for governor and then President. He was active on many committees and campaigns as well as motivational speaking. He had a background in politics before he ran for higher office.
MalaPropina
Board Meister

Liked in: 461 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » May 5th, 2021, 11:11 am

With peace in the Middle East and a secure southern border?
"I was the guy who brought in the Indian Act for Canada. I was awful to Canadian Indigenous. But I was a Liberal, so no one throws paint on my statue. Ha ha John A.! Being Liberal means no one cares how racist you were!" - Alexander McKenzie

rustled likes this post.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Liked in: 46025 posts

Postby JLives » May 5th, 2021, 12:46 pm

What are her policies? So far I've only seen she's against trans students playing sports despite the fact she herself, former Olympian, plays on women's golf teams.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8100 posts

Postby rustled » May 5th, 2021, 12:59 pm

JLives wrote:What are her policies? So far I've only seen she's against trans students playing sports despite the fact she herself, former Olympian, plays on women's golf teams.

Where did you get the information that she's against trans students playing sports? This sounds like a very odd thing for her to oppose, so I wonder if perhaps someone has misinterpreted or misrepresented something she said.

Also, competing and playing are (to most people, I think) different.
"Today's TRUDEAU LIBERALS - Lowering Canadians' expectations is what we do best."
rustled
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 16223 posts

Postby PoplarSoul » May 5th, 2021, 1:04 pm

rustled wrote:Where did you get the information that she's against trans students playing sports.

Jenner changed her position on trans people competing in sports in what some are calling an effort to pander to Republican voters.
Caitlyn Jenner, the former Olympic champion and reality TV personality now running for governor in California, said she opposes transgender girls competing in girls' sports at school.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/caitlyn-jenner-says-transgender-girls-women-s-sports-unfair-n1266138
The Great Spirit created one race, the human race. Human beings created racism.
PoplarSoul

Liked in: 16 posts

Postby JLives » May 5th, 2021, 1:07 pm

rustled wrote:Where did you get the information that she's against trans students playing sports? This sounds like a very odd thing for her to oppose, so I wonder if perhaps someone has misinterpreted or misrepresented something she said.

I realize it's a TMZ link but that is the outlet she gave her thoughts to directly. https://www.tmz.com/2021/05/01/caitlyn- ... ical-boys/ And it was a tournament Jenner was in.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8100 posts

Postby rustled » May 5th, 2021, 1:21 pm

JLives wrote:
rustled wrote:Where did you get the information that she's against trans students playing sports? This sounds like a very odd thing for her to oppose, so I wonder if perhaps someone has misinterpreted or misrepresented something she said.

I realize it's a TMZ link but that is the outlet she gave her thoughts to directly. https://www.tmz.com/2021/05/01/caitlyn- ... ical-boys/ And it was a tournament Jenner was in.

So yes, misinterpreted or misrepresented - she did not say she is "against trans students playing sports".

Most of us, I think, do understand that competing is not the same as playing, and that there are a host of issues to consider if we sincerely wish to discuss the impacts for children of various ages in sports with varying amounts of physical contact, and sports where children born with significant physical advantages due to hormone levels.

The tournament she was in - did it involve school children?
"Today's TRUDEAU LIBERALS - Lowering Canadians' expectations is what we do best."

The Green Barbarian likes this post.
rustled
Walks on Forum Water

Postby Saul Goodman » May 5th, 2021, 3:52 pm

rustled wrote:So yes, misinterpreted or misrepresented - she did not say she is "against trans students playing sports".

How are you interpreting her words? She said she doesn't want biological boys identifying or in the process of changing genders (aka trans people) to be competing in girl's sports.
Saul Goodman

Liked in: 117 posts

Postby Bsuds » May 5th, 2021, 4:10 pm

Hell would have to freeze over before I would vote for him/her!
I am so old that when I was a kid I remember actually having to win to get a trophy!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 18002 posts

Postby rustled » May 5th, 2021, 5:24 pm

Looks like Jenner will be only one of several options for Californians who aren't happy with their current governor.
rustled
Walks on Forum Water

Return to World