Ukraine Russia war

gertlush
Übergod

Re: Ukraine Russia war NEWS

Post by gertlush »

They're not in use anyway, could be an American false flag, why would Putin do it? It just removes a potential source of leverage he had over the Germans.
Mazdatruck
Übergod

Post by Mazdatruck »

bb49 wrote: Sep 27th, 2022, 4:12 pm Nord Stream 1 and 2 both have "leaks".
Serious leaks. One site described them as explosions.
Is Putin getting desperate?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63044747

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/9/2 ... eline-leak
Joe Biden and the US Government openly bragged that they would shut down Nord if Russia kept up with the invasion.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/FVbEoZXhCrM?app=desktop
Biden: "If Russia invades...then there will be no longer a Nord Stream 2. We will bring an end to it."

Reporter: "But how will you do that, exactly, since...the project is in Germany's control?"

Biden: "I promise you, we will be able to do that."
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/biden-m ... d=82712888

This is a SERIOUS escalation. Russia will have to relatiliate.

Nobody claimed responsibility for both pipes springing leaks at the same time. There is obviously something at play.

The USA wants a world war. If those pipelines stayed operational then there could be negotiations because Europe is going to go cold this winter. Now that can't happen. Great news if you want war. Russia is warning us they will use nukes. USA saying "it's a bluff" but what will they do when it actually happens? They'll act like a old woman that just had her purse stolen and we'll be in full nuclear war.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Mazdatruck wrote: Sep 27th, 2022, 4:30 pm Joe Biden and the US Government openly bragged that they would shut down Nord if Russia kept up with the invasion.
News Flash! Nord Stream 2 was brought to an end in late February. Biden wasn't bluffing. Here, catch up... this will get you to March 31, 2022.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/31/the-nor ... raine.html

So, back to topic... This is the Russian *must see* clip of the day.

Russian Media Monitor --->https://twitter.com/i/status/1574860347697205262

Last edited by Drip_Torch on Sep 27th, 2022, 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Mazdatruck
Übergod

Post by Mazdatruck »

Drip_Torch wrote: Sep 27th, 2022, 6:41 pm News Flash! Nord Stream 2 was brought to an end in late February. Biden wasn't bluffing. Here, catch up... this will get you to March 31, 2022. [icon_lol2.gif]
There is a difference between Russia turning off the taps and used pipelines and the US secretly blowing up the Russian pipelines so Europe CAN'T buy Russian natural gas anymore.

The debate points you push are pure-pro-war propaganda. This isn't a game.
Last edited by Mazdatruck on Sep 27th, 2022, 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Mazdatruck wrote: Sep 27th, 2022, 7:48 pm
Drip_Torch wrote: Sep 27th, 2022, 6:41 pm News Flash! Nord Stream 2 was brought to an end in late February. Biden wasn't bluffing. Here, catch up... this will get you to March 31, 2022. [icon_lol2.gif]
There is a difference between Russia turning off the taps and pipelines and the US secretly blowing up the Russian pipelines so Europe CAN'T buy Russian natural gas anymore.

The debate points you push are pure-pro-war propaganda. This isn't a game.
There's a difference between Ukraine Russia war News and wild and crazy speculation too. No this isn't a game.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Mazdatruck
Übergod

Post by Mazdatruck »

Drip_Torch wrote: Sep 27th, 2022, 7:52 pm wild and crazy speculation too. No this isn't a game.
The US openly bragged that no matter what the pipeline would be killed off if Russia kept things up.

The pipeline was huge leverage for Russia.

The only people this will benefit is US business interests.

Now Europe has to buy energy from US interests. Now there will be war.

Not speculation.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Mazdatruck wrote: Sep 27th, 2022, 7:54 pm
Drip_Torch wrote: Sep 27th, 2022, 7:52 pm wild and crazy speculation too. No this isn't a game.
The US openly bragged that no matter what the pipeline would be killed off if Russia kept things up.

The pipeline was huge leverage for Russia.

The only people this will benefit is US business interests.

Now Europe has to buy energy from US interests. Now there will be war.

Not speculation.
Already being discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=92315

Have fun.
BC Landlord
Lord of the Board

Post by BC Landlord »

Results of referenda in Kherson, Zaporozhye, DPR & LPR just came out. Overwhelmingly in support of joining Russia. Ukraine has just lost about 15% of their pre-war controlled territory, officially.
On my ignore list: spooker, JLives
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

BC Landlord wrote: Sep 27th, 2022, 8:11 pm Results of referenda in Kherson, Zaporozhye, DPR & LPR just came out. Overwhelmingly in support of joining Russia. Ukraine has just lost about 15% of their pre-war controlled territory, officially.
Ah-huh. I personally have a suspicion this vote might not exactly be on the up and up. Perhaps some repubs were there collecting tips.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

BC Landlord wrote: Sep 27th, 2022, 8:11 pm esults of referenda in Kherson, Zaporozhye, DPR & LPR just came out. Overwhelmingly in support of joining Russia. Ukraine has just lost about 15% of their pre-war controlled territory, officially.
Nah. A referendum at gunpoint will never be official in an occupied territory. There's a process, it doesn't involve guns and bombs, so it might not be a process the Russians fully understand at this time, but they will.
The United States will introduce a resolution at the U.N. Security Council calling on member states not to recognise any change to Ukraine and obligating Russia to withdraw its troops, U.S. envoy Linda Thomas-Greenfield said.

"Russia’s sham referenda, if accepted, will open a pandora’s box that we cannot close," she said at a council meeting.

Russia has the ability to veto a resolution in the Security Council, but Thomas-Greenfield said that would prompt the United States to take the issue to the U.N. General Assembly.

"Any referenda held under these conditions, at the barrel of a gun, can never be remotely close to free or fair," Britain's Deputy U.N. Ambassador James Kariuki said.
https://www.reuters.com/world/ukraine-a ... 022-09-26/

https://news.un.org/en/story/2022/09/1128161
BC Landlord
Lord of the Board

Post by BC Landlord »

Drip_Torch wrote: Sep 27th, 2022, 8:25 pm
Russia has the ability to veto a resolution in the Security Council, but Thomas-Greenfield said that would prompt the United States to take the issue to the U.N. General Assembly.
The General Assembly is toothless. I am not even sure the majority of member states would oppose the referendum, to begin with.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

BC Landlord wrote: Sep 27th, 2022, 8:38 pm
Drip_Torch wrote: Sep 27th, 2022, 8:25 pm
The General Assembly is toothless. I am not even sure the majority of member states would oppose the referendum, to begin with.
It all comes back to the first article of the Budapest Memorandum signed on December 5, 1994. If the world isn't going to stand against a violation of a nuclear nonproliferation agreement, нам лучше всем начать учить русский язык.
The Russian Federation, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the United States of America reaffirm their commitment to Ukraine, in accordance with the principles of the Final Act of the Conference on Security and Cooperation in Europe, to respect the independence and sovereignty and the existing borders of Ukraine.
BC Landlord
Lord of the Board

Post by BC Landlord »

Drip_Torch wrote: Sep 27th, 2022, 8:47 pm It all comes back to the first article of the Budapest Memorandum signed on December 5, 1994. If the world isn't going to stand against a violation of a nuclear nonproliferation agreement, нам лучше всем начать учить русский язык.
I am puzzled as to what this referendum has to do with the "nuclear nonproliferation agreement" ??? And btw, ... I am not Russian. I can't even speak the language. So, no need for writing in Russian. It's misplaced.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

BC Landlord wrote: Sep 27th, 2022, 9:03 pm
Drip_Torch wrote: Sep 27th, 2022, 8:47 pm It all comes back to the first article of the Budapest Memorandum signed on December 5, 1994. If the world isn't going to stand against a violation of a nuclear nonproliferation agreement, нам лучше всем начать учить русский язык.
I am puzzled as to what this referendum has to do with the "nuclear nonproliferation agreement" ??? And btw, ... I am not Russian. I can't even speak the language. So, no need for writing in Russian. It's misplaced.
Oh sorry, my mistake. нам лучше всем начать учить русский язык. ---> "we should all start learning Russian".

The Budapest Memorandum signed on December 5, 1994 was an agreement to respect Ukrainian sovereignty and extend security assurances to Ukraine, the third largest nuclear power on the planet at the time, in exchange for their total disarmament and the destruction of all warheads, missiles and capacity to create them in the future.

Let me google that for you.

So, Russia agrees in 1994, Ukraine destroys 1700+ warheads and the capacity to make more, and then in 2014 Russia says ha ha suckers deal is off and we're going to start invading you. Nah, doesn't fly and that's why there have been increasing sanctions and support for Ukraine from the worldwide community.

I had another point about your comment around the UN being a toothless tiger. I doubt Radovan Karadžić would agree with you, in hindsight.
Last edited by Drip_Torch on Sep 27th, 2022, 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BC Landlord
Lord of the Board

Post by BC Landlord »

Drip_Torch wrote: Sep 27th, 2022, 9:11 pm The Budapest Memorandum signed on December 5, 1994 was an agreement to respect Ukrainian sovereignty and extend security assurances to Ukraine, the third largest nuclear power on the planet at the time, in exchange for their total disarmament and the destruction of all warheads, missiles and capacity to create them in the future.
That's how Ukraine came to be, but that agreement does not entitle them to genocide against their Russian-speaking citizens, and to harbor Nazism. And that's exactly what their new government engaged in, post the Maidan coup.

Return to “World”