Ukraine war/President/news

BC Landlord
Guru
Posts: 8372
Joined: Jul 15th, 2019, 2:18 pm

Re: Ukraine Russia war NEWS

Post by BC Landlord »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Oct 9th, 2022, 8:43 am The bridge was a supply line for Russian armaments and troops in a time of war. Which Russia is using to bomb ukrainian civilians in their homes. How many died in this bridge bombing. Does ukraine have a right to defend itself against an invading army and bombing or not? Sounds like you say, "not".
(incidentally has nothing to do with 3000 civilians who died in 9/11)
There are no military operations in Crimea. The whole purpose of building that bridge was a supply route for civilian population there, as Ukrainians blocked them from the north. So, it's not some "self defense" by Ukraine. This is sheer terrorism.
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2389
Joined: Nov 20th, 2018, 1:46 pm

Re: Ukraine Russia war NEWS

Post by Mazdatruck »

BC Landlord wrote: Oct 9th, 2022, 9:37 am There are no military operations in Crimea. The whole purpose of building that bridge was a supply route for civilian population there, as Ukrainians blocked them from the north. So, it's not some "self defense" by Ukraine. This is sheer terrorism.
The bridge was a supply line for Russian armaments and troops in a time of war
Daycares in the US care for the children of the people working at the weapons factories in Tennessee and Washington.

If a civilian bridge is now a "military target" then so are the daycares and weapons factories in the terrestrial United States.

The roads and bridges that lead to the weapons factories are also open targets.

If there are civilians on those bridges, well too damn bad.

Right?

This is Osama Bin Laden logic.
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2389
Joined: Nov 20th, 2018, 1:46 pm

Re: Ukraine Russia war NEWS

Post by Mazdatruck »

The bridge was a supply line for Russian armaments and troops in a time of war
Airports and seaports in Poland and Italy are now on the table.

This is how the US is "arming" Ukraine afterall.

Same with ships on the open ocean and jets in the sky.

Russia taking those targets out would just be preventing military aggression (and terrorism) in a time of war.
User avatar
Drip_Torch
Guru
Posts: 6606
Joined: Aug 16th, 2012, 10:56 am

Re: Ukraine Russia war NEWS

Post by Drip_Torch »

The_quiet_one wrote: Oct 9th, 2022, 8:57 am Drip … could there be a correlation between the train and truck and bridge? Could the train have triggered something ?
I can't think of one. The blast was right where it has been previously postulated to have the most effect. How do I put it? Ugh, there was target painted months ago and somehow this incident hit the bullseye. Still not convinced it was the truck, matter of fact I have doubts, but if it was the truck, we can pretty much rule out western influence in the operation.
BC Landlord wrote: Oct 9th, 2022, 9:37 am There are no military operations in Crimea. The whole purpose of building that bridge was a supply route for civilian population there, as Ukrainians blocked them from the north. So, it's not some "self defense" by Ukraine. This is sheer terrorism.
By "there are no military operations in Crimea", you must mean Russia isn't actively shelling and bombing civilian targets there, today - right? There are all sorts of military operations in Crimea and the Kerch Bridge is was a vital piece of military logistics infrastructure.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2389
Joined: Nov 20th, 2018, 1:46 pm

Re: Ukraine Russia war NEWS

Post by Mazdatruck »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 9th, 2022, 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
User avatar
Drip_Torch
Guru
Posts: 6606
Joined: Aug 16th, 2012, 10:56 am

Re: Ukraine Russia war NEWS

Post by Drip_Torch »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 9th, 2022, 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2389
Joined: Nov 20th, 2018, 1:46 pm

Re: Ukraine Russia war NEWS

Post by Mazdatruck »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 9th, 2022, 12:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
my5cents
Guru
Posts: 8315
Joined: Nov 14th, 2009, 2:22 pm

Re: Ukraine Russia war NEWS

Post by my5cents »

Mazdatruck wrote: Oct 9th, 2022, 10:28 am
The bridge was a supply line for Russian armaments and troops in a time of war
Airports and seaports in Poland and Italy are now on the table.
This is how the US is "arming" Ukraine afterall.
Same with ships on the open ocean and jets in the sky.
Russia taking those targets out would just be preventing military aggression (and terrorism) in a time of war.
At this moment there is no clear indication that Ukraine was involved. It seems likely, and if Ukraine was involved it was brilliant, this attack on this structure makes compete military sense.

It's not even in question that the Kerch bridge was used by Russia to move weapons and supplies to support the invasion of Ukraine. I invite anyone questioning this to look at a map.

Russia is at war with Ukraine, started by Russia invading Ukraine without provocation. Ukraine is in a defensive position. A standard military tactic is to slow or stop routes of supply and re-supply of the enemy, that is standard.

As for Russia attacking sources of supply to Ukraine, like US ships and aircraft, that's a bit dicey. It's not just the US, many countries providing aide. These countries are giving support in the form of supplies and weapons to the victim of an invasion. Russia would be attacking these conveyances in international waters or in/over countries that are not Russia and could result in escalation even as minor as the US (or other allied countries armed forces) escorting such shipments creating direct conflict between the allies and the Russian military.

I don't think Russia, even with it's already illogical invasion tactics, wants to be involved in conflict with allied forces in international waters (for example). Russia hasn't done that well fighting Ukraine (and Russia picked the time and the place), it doesn't want to come up against the US military (for example) it wouldn't end well.

"Russia taking those targets out would just be preventing military aggression (and terrorism) in a time of war.", So, Mazdatruck, you define a country defending itself from an invading country as "military aggression" ? "terrorism" ?? They should ? roll over, plant flowers, beg for mercy ?
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2389
Joined: Nov 20th, 2018, 1:46 pm

Re: Ukraine Russia war NEWS

Post by Mazdatruck »

my5cents wrote: Oct 9th, 2022, 11:27 am So, Mazdatruck, you define a country defending itself from an invading country as "military aggression" ? "terrorism" ?? They should ? roll over, plant flowers, beg for mercy ?

Remember that Russia invaded Ukraine to prevent being invaded and taken over by NATO ;)

Should Russia have just rolled over and planted flowers and begged NATO for mercy?
User avatar
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2352
Joined: Jun 26th, 2021, 1:33 pm

Re: Ukraine Russia war NEWS

Post by The_quiet_one »

Drip_Torch wrote: Oct 9th, 2022, 11:07 am
The_quiet_one wrote: Oct 9th, 2022, 8:57 am Drip … could there be a correlation between the train and truck and bridge? Could the train have triggered something ?
I can't think of one. The blast was right where it has been previously postulated to have the most effect. How do I put it? Ugh, there was target painted months ago and somehow this incident hit the bullseye. Still not convinced it was the truck, matter of fact I have doubts, but if it was the truck, we can pretty much rule out western influence in the operation.
BC Landlord wrote: Oct 9th, 2022, 9:37 am There are no military operations in Crimea. The whole purpose of building that bridge was a supply route for civilian population there, as Ukrainians blocked them from the north. So, it's not some "self defense" by Ukraine. This is sheer terrorism.
By "there are no military operations in Crimea", you must mean Russia isn't actively shelling and bombing civilian targets there, today - right? There are all sorts of military operations in Crimea and the Kerch Bridge is was a vital piece of military logistics infrastructure.
Thank you drip. I was thinking about this pondering thoughts while awake at 0300, lol.
I find you very educated and well thought out posts. I appreciate that. 🙂
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2389
Joined: Nov 20th, 2018, 1:46 pm

Re: Ukraine Russia war NEWS

Post by Mazdatruck »

As for Russia attacking sources of supply to Ukraine, like US ships and aircraft, that's a bit dicey. It's not just the US, many countries providing aide. These countries are giving support in the form of supplies and weapons to the victim of an invasion. Russia would be attacking these conveyances in international waters or in/over countries that are not Russia and could result in escalation even as minor as the US (or other allied countries armed forces) escorting such shipments creating direct conflict between the allies and the Russian military.
US/NATO/Ukraine forces have already attacked civilians inside Russia (car bomb) and targets inside Russia (airbase and bridge) and international waters (pipeline).

There is already a direct conflict between Russia and the US. The US admitted they have a large troop presence on the ground in Ukraine and have been directing and assisting their forces with US satellites.

Ukraine does not have a space program do they? How are they using satellite targeting systems?

Could Ukraine stand on their own? Not at all.

When will Russia decide they are not actually fighting Ukraine but the US?
User avatar
Drip_Torch
Guru
Posts: 6606
Joined: Aug 16th, 2012, 10:56 am

Re: Ukraine Russia war NEWS

Post by Drip_Torch »

The_quiet_one wrote: Oct 9th, 2022, 11:36 am Thank you drip...
You're welcome. Not that I'm sharing an expert opinion on the matter.

Came across these images and frankly they give rise to more questions than answers.

Image

Image

Image

Switching gears to the news. Russian news, which apparently to the spaghetti logic crowd is western propaganda. :135:
.
Untitled-7.jpg


Fear is the big theme of the day. Russian Media Monitor ---> https://twitter.com/i/status/1579168584445886464
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
BC Landlord
Guru
Posts: 8372
Joined: Jul 15th, 2019, 2:18 pm

Re: Ukraine Russia war NEWS

Post by BC Landlord »

Ukrainian army’s commander-in-chief poses in swastika bracelet ...
https://www.rt.com/russia/564358-ukrain ... -bracelet/

Ukraine is nowadays the only country in the world harboring Nazism. Guess what they would do to their "untermenschen" (i.e. ethnic Russians) if unopposed by Russia.
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2389
Joined: Nov 20th, 2018, 1:46 pm

Re: Ukraine Russia war NEWS

Post by Mazdatruck »

In 2016 congress blocked a giant supply of arms to Ukraine because they are all Nazi's.

You'd literally have to scrub the internet to try and hide the fact Ukraine is very Nazi-ish.
my5cents
Guru
Posts: 8315
Joined: Nov 14th, 2009, 2:22 pm

Re: Ukraine Russia war NEWS

Post by my5cents »

Mazdatruck wrote: Oct 9th, 2022, 11:29 am
my5cents wrote: Oct 9th, 2022, 11:27 am So, Mazdatruck, you define a country defending itself from an invading country as "military aggression" ? "terrorism" ?? They should ? roll over, plant flowers, beg for mercy ?
Remember that Russia invaded Ukraine to prevent being invaded and taken over by NATO ;)

Should Russia have just rolled over and planted flowers and begged NATO for mercy?

Where do you get these ideas ?

Facts:
• Ukraine isn't a member of NATO
• NATO is a group of countries that have agreed, that IF any one of them are attacked, they agree to protect the attacked country
• If Ukraine had been a member, Russia wouldn't have invaded

So this country, Ukraine, who isn't a member of NATA, is ? a base of operations for an invading force of NATA countries and thus needed to be invaded to stop this impending invasion by NATO. NATO, a group of 30 countries was ?? what ?? building up forces inside Ukraine to invade Russia from Ukraine, this 30 country force of which some with the strongest most advanced military resources were ? readying to attack, are now,,, hiding in Ukraine ? fled Ukraine to avoid the juggernaut military of Russia.
Russia, who is currently giving amnesty to criminals who are in custody, if they will join their armed forces ?????

So NATO is this aggressor, so you must have a list of countries "NATO" has invaded in the past ?

I'm beginning to tire of your fact-less assertations.
Last edited by my5cents on Oct 10th, 2022, 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"

Return to “World”