Ukraine war/President/news

gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Ukraine Russia war NEWS

Post by gertlush »

seewood wrote: Dec 10th, 2022, 1:08 pm ^^ so, what your saying is a good thing?? Killing ones defending their country is great in your mind?
No, Im saying its insane for us to keep this going. Tell Zelensky its over, you lost.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

gertlush wrote: Dec 10th, 2022, 2:17 pm No, Im saying its insane for us to keep this going. Tell Zelensky its over, you lost.
[icon_lol2.gif] You tell Zelensky.. bet he'd tell you to go elsewhere and propagate.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

He is a ungrateful SOB, that is true. I mean, Canada gave what, $2-$3billion, up in smoke. Glad Im not paying for... ah... *bleep*
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

gertlush wrote: Dec 10th, 2022, 2:17 pm
seewood wrote: Dec 10th, 2022, 1:08 pm ^^ so, what your saying is a good thing?? Killing ones defending their country is great in your mind?
No, Im saying its insane for us to keep this going. Tell Zelensky its over, you lost.
Jeebus, it sure doesn't look that way in Melitopol. They'll be picking up the pieces for days and I doubt they'll ever find them all.

Yesterday there was a brief video clip of Putin sitting beside an empty chair with India's flag flying above it. Modi gave the meeting with Putin a great big last minute Nyet! Today, Russia just did some sabre rattling against Kazakhstan, you can see the impression it made here:
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg

Full reply video here, courtesy of Gerashchenko... (worth the watch) ---> https://twitter.com/i/status/1601179566071902212

I'd do a run down of things on fire in Moscow over the last 24 hours, but I suspect you wouldn't believe it and we both know it's nothing more than careless smokers anyways. Instead, how about I give you this video of Dmitry Rogozin talking about the denazification operation and how they will have to take Kyiv.

For those of you who don't know Dmitry Rogozin, he was Russia's representative to NATO and then became the Director General of Roscosmos. Lately, he's a consultant working in Donbass, wearing NATO equipment, working for Russia. He's also a very infamous, influential and long standing Russian nationalist. (Neo-Nazi)

«Белые всех стран объединяйтесь» ---> "Whites from all countries unite"

This is interesting, while the castanet war correspondents are already celebrating the Russian triumph over Ukraine, Igor Girkin, who was just fighting in Donbas a week ago and is currently in Moscow, is contemplating the future of Russia after the impending collapse.

"We have to start thinking about saving Russia..."
Untitled-4.jpg

https://twitter.com/i/status/1601864867845054465

So, while Putin is in Moscow waxing fantastic about how he's surpassed Peter the Great, (yeah, that just happened again - he was obviously drinking. No seriously, he was.) the guy that basically takes credit for starting this war back in 2014 is calling it a near defeat and worried for the future of Russia.

Who are you going to believe?
Last edited by Drip_Torch on Dec 11th, 2022, 3:57 am, edited 5 times in total.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

gertlush wrote: Dec 10th, 2022, 7:30 pm He is a ungrateful SOB, that is true. I mean, Canada gave what, $2-$3billion, up in smoke. Glad Im not paying for... ah... *bleep*
Dude, Ukraine has received probably twice the amount of the Russian military budget and arms in less than a year.

Where did it all go?

Zelensky and his buddies.

And all the hardware?

Being blown up somewhere in Eastern Ukraine while Zelensky whose dreams of liberating Crimea are going poof is being a sad Napoleon:

Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Even Steven wrote: Dec 10th, 2022, 11:13 pm Being blown up somewhere in Eastern Ukraine while Zelensky whose dreams of liberating Crimea are going poof is being a sad Napoleon:
Meanwhile, on the beaches in Crimea...

As I was saying earlier, here's the picture of Putin meeting with India's flag the other day. He looks sad - maybe pathetic, I dunno, I get the two mixed up sometimes. There's such a fine line.

Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

So, Russians clearly not interested in negotiations, only crushing ukraine will do. No longer planning to take Ukraine in 10 days, planning on a long war instead. As long as Putin is in power, they aren't going to change their minds without a fight.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Here is Viktor’s first interview. Some good professional propaganda, criticism, or both. Served 14 years of a 25 year sentence.

Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

I love how every single pro-Ukie response just skips over their economic collapse and horrific casualties. Peter Pan syndrome "If we just believe we can retake Crimea it will happen!"
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Dec 11th, 2022, 5:59 am So, Russians clearly not interested in negotiations, only crushing ukraine will do.
Russian since Day 1 was open to negotiations.

Ukraine on the other hand did the following:

- Publicly killed a member of their own negotiations team

- Suspended any negotiations after US/UK told them so like little lapdogs that they're

- Created a law making it illegal to negotiate with Putin

While Russia just chilling waiting till the Ukrainians come around. Which will be a while, because Ukraine isn't capable of making its own decisions, they only do what US/UK allows them to do (so much for being a sovereign country). So, 100,000 dead Ukrainian soldiers will soon turn to 200,000. And the people of Ukraine will suffer because Zelensky is making too much money in foreign aid.

Until one day he gets a call from Biden giving him permission from his masters that it's ok to negotiate:

Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Even Steven wrote: Dec 8th, 2022, 4:09 pm Too bad 100,000 Ukrainian soldiers had to die because of our arrogance.
"that was the birth of the new Ukraine when snipers opened fire in Kiev killing seventy in 2014 and injuring hundreds of others" - George Soros

I bet rich Westerners will be buying Ukrainian farmland for pennies on the dollar when the dust settles.
Thanks to Zelensky who is so "passionate" about Ukraine he quickly passed a law making it now legal for foreigners
to buy all the farmland. Let the land grab begin.
vaxxers.gif
western billionaires
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

The US has now approved Ukraine to start hitting targets deep inside Russia.

This escalation is going to ramp up quickly.

Attacking motherland is not going to turn out well for everyone involved, especially Ukraine. Also interesting the US approved attacks on Ukraine so there is no guessing anymore the US and Russia are directly in a conflict. No signs of either side backing down and now Russian air bases are being attacked.

The chances we're going to see a nuclear weapon go off are pretty high at this point.
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

I wish the Ukrainians would take the hint on air defenses. Every day the same request "Moar air defenses plz"

And every day the same reply "We are actively setting up a multidepartmental steering group to coordinate provision of air defenses in due course"

Dudes... they aint coming... nor the planes or tanks or shizzle.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Mazdatruck wrote: Dec 12th, 2022, 10:54 am The US has now approved Ukraine to start hitting targets deep inside Russia.

This escalation is going to ramp up quickly.

Attacking motherland is not going to turn out well for everyone involved, especially Ukraine. Also interesting the US approved attacks on Ukraine so there is no guessing anymore the US and Russia are directly in a conflict. No signs of either side backing down and now Russian air bases are being attacked.

The chances we're going to see a nuclear weapon go off are pretty high at this point.
Nope, the US has not "approved strikes in Russia". They don't approve or disapprove of anything, because the US is not at war with Russia. Ukraine is. The only provision with the supply of US weapons, and in particular with the discussions around the possibility of ATACMS missile systems, is the US doesn't want to be seen supplying weapons that attack Russia directly and run the risk of escalating the war. U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken said last week, "we did not encourage and did not allow Ukrainians to strike inside Russia." That's a bit of bureaucratic doublespeak meaning Ukraine decides how to prosecute the war with Russia - not the USA.

Signs of a side backing down? Sure there is, there are signs one side is dealing with rising civil unrest and a crushing blow to morale. I'm sure that will get worse for them, as it should.

There's sure a lot of malls catching fire in Moscow. Another one last night. Meh, I guess that's okay, it's not like they were making much money anyways...

Air support? They are getting plenty and can always use more. A few more MIG 29's upgraded to the MU2 version will be great, and some will tell you that is happening, as far as I can tell, it's still in discussions. They've been getting plenty of MIG spare parts for months now.

I'm going to assume the new system on its way to Ukraine is an air defense system. I'd suggest, safe to assume, given the name is Skynex Air Defense System. :D

The Leopard-2 Main Battle Tanks are on the table and could be approved in days, if not weeks, but I will admit - or not is still a possibility. Regardless, Russia is supplying Ukraine with lots of tanks and ammunition, crappy though they may be.

The RCH 155 howitzers are pieces of modern hardware recently on the way to Ukraine. 8 rounds per minutes to a range of 40 km is sure to ruin some peoples days.

Of course, the real secret weapon that is sure to change the course of the war in the coming months, came from Canada. :smt045

https://twitter.com/i/status/1601199990419750914

Return to “World”