Ukraine war/President/news

seewood
Guru

Re: Ukraine war/President/news

Post by seewood »

Mazdatruck wrote: May 15th, 2023, 3:42 pm So what you're telling us is that Ukraine is of vital interest to the security of Russia...

Perhaps at one point but not now. Russia has nukes, remember, and anyone that crosses the border with aggressive intent will likely be vapourized. Sooo now today, the people of Ukraine want to join the EU and lean to the west and this pizzes Pootin off to no end. A blow to his frail ego as apparently he cannot comprehend why Ukraine does not want to be aligned with Russia.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Mazdatruck wrote: May 15th, 2023, 3:42 pm
Drip_Torch wrote: May 15th, 2023, 2:53 pm Ukraine was built as a fortress against the west.
So what you're telling us is that Ukraine is of vital interest to the security of Russia...

:135: :135: :135:
Nope, not at all. Ukraine was part of the Soviet Union. It isn't anymore. It's a sovereign state with established borders that Russia has no right to violate.

Looking for a few good men... https://targum.video/v/2023/05/16/bb869 ... 90ce9?l=en
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

gertlush wrote: May 15th, 2023, 3:40 pm Ya sorry, my high school tour missed the decomissioned ammo dumps I guess [icon_lol2.gif]
Oh yeah, different time I guess. I'm talking soviet era, not anything that happened in the last couple years. :130:
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

seewood wrote: May 15th, 2023, 4:58 pm Perhaps at one point but not now. Russia has nukes, remember
They had nukes then too.

I know you guys need to re-write 500 years of European war history but come on [icon_lol2.gif]
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

Its funny cuz the Ukrainians sure seem a lot more worked up about these ammo dumps than our resident Sovietologist/UN weapons inspector. Lots of ammo gone up in a boom... blasted some people right back into denial i guess :biggrin:
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

Drip_Torch wrote: May 15th, 2023, 7:05 pm It's a sovereign state with established borders that Russia has no right to violate.
Are you talking about Cuba? [icon_lol2.gif]
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Mazdatruck wrote: May 15th, 2023, 7:41 pm They had nukes then too.
Ukraine had Russian nukes within its borders once upon a time. However Ukraine gave them back after signing a non aggression agreement with Russia. If Ukraine still had them today what do you think would happen: Russia would not have invaded or a nuclear exchange would take place...?
Mazdatruck wrote: May 15th, 2023, 7:41 pm I know you guys need to re-write 500 years of European war history but come on
Not sure what you mean, history is not unique to one country. Borders have changed throughout history. Just a few years ago a new country was carved out from Sudan. Now there is North and south Sudan, each a recognized country.
As of 1991 Ukraine is its own country with its own government with its own internationally recognized borders and a member of the UN. Ukraine wanted to join the EU and move away from Russian influence.
Drip_Torch wrote: May 15th, 2023, 7:05 pm It's a sovereign state with established borders that Russia has no right to violate.
Mazdatruck wrote: May 15th, 2023, 10:59 pm Are you talking about Cuba?
I don't believe he is. Do you believe Ukraine does not have internationally recognized borders and is a sovereign country?
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

More Russian favors. They really didn't need that air defence system in Kiev [icon_lol2.gif] It was old, outdated, and was only costing money! Thanks, Russia!

Put up a hell of a fight though.

Wonder what Ukranian propaganda will say...seventeen Kinzhal missiles intercepted successfully? :130:
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Ha, it was a Patriot complex.
CNN

A US-made Patriot air defense system was likely damaged, but not destroyed, as the result of a Russian missile barrage in and around Kyiv early Tuesday morning local time, a US official tells CNN.
Of course, when you can't deny that it was hit, the next step is to minimize and say it was only scratched. Propaganda doing propaganda things :130:

They launched every single missile they had - 32 of them. At $6M each - almost $200M in missiles + the cost of the actual complex.

All in a matter of 3 minutes. That's a lot of money down the drain.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

^^^^ So, if I get this right, you are fine if Ukraine rolls over and lets the corrupt Russians take over the country? Is, in your view , an issue for a country to defend itself from another trying to invade it, especially after they said they (Russia) wouldn't ?
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

seewood wrote: May 16th, 2023, 1:13 pm ^^^^ So, if I get this right, you are fine...
No, you don't get this right.
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

Even Steven wrote: May 16th, 2023, 12:21 pm Ha, it was a Patriot complex.
CNN

A US-made Patriot air defense system was likely damaged, but not destroyed, as the result of a Russian missile barrage in and around Kyiv early Tuesday morning local time, a US official tells CNN.
Of course, when you can't deny that it was hit, the next step is to minimize and say it was only scratched. Propaganda doing propaganda things :130:

They launched every single missile they had - 32 of them. At $6M each - almost $200M in missiles + the cost of the actual complex.

Did they really fire them all? Holy cow, $200 mil a night then going forward.

Speaking of fired i see the Ukie Supreme Court Chief fired for bribery, what a country!
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

^^^ Well then please educate why expending a whole bunch of expensive missiles is a waste while trying to protect Ukrainian citizens ?
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

seewood wrote: May 16th, 2023, 1:43 pm ^^^ Well then please educate
I see very little value in educating you.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Even Steven wrote: May 16th, 2023, 12:21 pm Ha, it was a Patriot complex.
CNN

Complex = a minimum of six components. 1) missile 2) launcher 3) radar set 4) control station 5) power generator unit 6) high frequency antenna mast. Due to a top secret innovation it isn't all parked in the same spot.

The Western Hi-tech Evolutionary Evasive Legerdemain System allows the components to be moved around and placed in different locations. (Yes, that's right, the acronym is "wheels", but don't tell any Vatniks that might be trolling the page - k?) Don't know how a whole complex got damaged, in fact, I don't believe you. Another instance of propaganda claiming the credibility of a victim. Just like your cost estimate, a fabrication and exaggeration. A PAC - 3 CRI missile is 3.43 purchased as a single, but of course - who does that?

Protection of Ukrainian infrastructure and lives - priceless.

PS: I had to look up legerdemain too. :smt045

Return to “World”