Russia's Future

Drip_Torch
Guru

Re: Russia's Future

Post by Drip_Torch »

BC Landlord wrote: Mar 24th, 2022, 8:38 pm
GordonH wrote: Mar 24th, 2022, 8:20 pm Hitler killed around 30 million

Stalin killed 50 million +, and starved millions of Ukrainians. So really why would the Ukrainian people even think of trusting a :swear: hole like Putin.
Because nowadays Russia is not Soviet Union. I hate communism as much as you do, but this is not about it.
No, it's about the theft of resources and human capital. Same ole czarist authoritarianism thuggery Putin's always been known for, but expanded beyond his country's borders.

Meanwhile in other news...

"Russian Field-Logistic" company opened one of about 850 expected "Uncle Vanya" restaurants in downtown Moscow today.
Untitled-10.gif
Not sure all the renovations were complete yet...
Untitled-10b.gif

Bleak. That's Russia's future and it all falls on Putin and his inner circle.

Speaking of which, Vladimir Zhirinovsky, the Russian Duma speaker who announced the invasion of Ukraine back in late December has died. Of course, a few of you probably missed that announcement because you were too busy freedom fighting against the Covid hoax.

Anyways, he passed earlier today from septic shock and lung failure. *cough, covid*
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

BC Landlord wrote: Mar 24th, 2022, 8:38 pm
GordonH wrote: Mar 24th, 2022, 8:20 pm Hitler killed around 30 million

Stalin killed 50 million +, and starved millions of Ukrainians. So really why would the Ukrainian people even think of trusting a :swear: hole like Putin.
Because nowadays Russia is not Soviet Union. I hate communism as much as you do, but this is not about it.
Russia is so cool then why the need to defend them ? Doesnt make sense . .
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

GordonH wrote: Mar 24th, 2022, 11:00 pm
BC Landlord wrote: Mar 24th, 2022, 8:38 pm Because nowadays Russia is not Soviet Union. I hate communism as much as you do, but this is not about it.
It is about a crazy old kgb officer who wants to rebuild his beloved ussr.
:smt045 It's amazing how little some of these Putin apologists know about this conflict.
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

BC Landlord wrote: Mar 24th, 2022, 7:44 pm
They even go to that length of normalizing Hitler to prove how Putin is bad.
Oh kinda like calling out JT as Hitler and a dictator for evoking the EA.....kinda like that? We can all see in the invasion of Ukraine and killing of the innocent what a real dictator looks like. Some peeps seems to wear their filters on backwards.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

foenix wrote: Mar 25th, 2022, 5:30 am
They even go to that length of normalizing Hitler to prove how Putin is bad.
Oh kinda like calling out JT as Hitler and a dictator for evoking the EA.....kinda like that? We can all see in the invasion of Ukraine and killing of the innocent what a real dictator looks like. Some peeps seems to wear their filters on backwards.
It's amazing how far these hypocritical Putin apologists will go in making excuses for their beloved genocidal sociopath. It is clear that they really have little experience or knowledge in what real authoritarian government and dictatorships really look like. They have lost all credibility.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Ka-El wrote: Mar 25th, 2022, 6:10 am
foenix wrote: Mar 25th, 2022, 5:30 am

It's amazing how far these hypocritical Putin apologists will go in making excuses for their beloved genocidal sociopath. It is clear that they really have little experience or knowledge in what real authoritarian government and dictatorships really look like. They have lost all credibility.
I totally agree Ka-El :up:
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

daria wrote: Mar 24th, 2022, 7:47 pm
Nowadays kids don't know who fought whom in the WW2, let alone WW1. And the school system, let alone the MSM are not helping. They even go to that length of normalizing Hitler to prove how Putin is bad.
It's hilarious that they know nothing about Hitler when they equate Putin with him... like try someone closer to Soviet Russian history as in STALIN.

Bunch of "genius" wokies. :biggrin:
I forgot that only certain posters are allowed to have an informed decision.
Everyone else is wrong.
My bad 🙄
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

The_quiet_one wrote: Mar 25th, 2022, 8:07 am I forgot that only certain posters are allowed to have an informed decision.
Everyone else is wrong.
My bad
We're not using the right search engines. *sigh*

Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

Lol. I guess not
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Mar 24th, 2022, 9:45 am So older russians think it's fine to destroy an entire city, prevent women and children from leaving by shelling them, no water, little food. I rather doubt that.
I don't know, you tell me. 58% of Russians support Putin's invasion. Are all these people falling for propaganda or is this just a norm in the motherland. Putin says he's doing a special operation and everyone agrees, *wink wink*. Perhaps that is just the way of life in Russia, a country where perestroika and glasnost never took hold or are just a business front.

Police have no problem arresting 13,000 protestors in 140 cities, and others have no problem calling them traitors.

https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/u ... n-ukraine/
Last edited by Jlabute on Mar 25th, 2022, 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

The_quiet_one wrote: Mar 25th, 2022, 8:07 am I forgot that only certain posters are allowed to have an informed decision.
Everyone else is wrong.
My bad 🙄
Some people are ethnically bias. And some really don't know history, and/or rely on MSM narrative.
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

The_quiet_one wrote: Mar 25th, 2022, 8:07 am
daria wrote: Mar 24th, 2022, 7:47 pm

It's hilarious that they know nothing about Hitler when they equate Putin with him... like try someone closer to Soviet Russian history as in STALIN.

Bunch of "genius" wokies. :biggrin:
I forgot that only certain posters are allowed to have an informed decision.
Everyone else is wrong.
My bad 🙄
It's that secret pipeline of information that only the privileged few have access to but not for anyone else.........or so the claim goes. It's actually quite shocking how many use that delusional rationale to explain Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

BC Landlord wrote: Mar 25th, 2022, 9:00 am
Everyone else is wrong.
My bad 🙄
Some people are ethnically bias. And some really don't know history, and/or rely on MSM narrative.
Well that sums you up quite nicely !
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Putin must pull back, give pause and allow humanitarian relief into Ukraine areas where his troops have grozny-fied entire areas. Or Russia's future remains bleak.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

Queen K wrote: Mar 25th, 2022, 10:18 am Putin must pull back, give pause and allow humanitarian relief into Ukraine areas where his troops have grozny-fied entire areas. Or Russia's future remains bleak.
It’s not Russians holding the civilians besieged. They offered them evacuation corridors. It is Zelenskiy’s Nazi troops holding them hostage.
I am pretty sure Putin will do whatever he pleases, without asking anyone for a permission.

Return to “World”