sitting rabbit
Fledgling

Firefighters remember 9/11, lives lost

Post by sitting rabbit »

Firefighters remember 9/11, lives lost
Sep 11, 2022 / 4:00 am |
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/3 ... lives-lost

With respect... I remember.
Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better. - Albert Einstein
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Firefighters remember 9/11, lives lost

Post by the truth »

sitting rabbit wrote: Sep 11th, 2022, 10:10 am Firefighters remember 9/11, lives lost

indeed x2 :up:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

sitting rabbit wrote: Sep 11th, 2022, 10:10 am Firefighters remember 9/11, lives lost

Yea was quite the day getting up to go build log mansions and my boss saying dont come into work as our yard was right beside border crossing . I knew aaron brown from king tv and rest is history
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
Pitapants
Fledgling

Post by Pitapants »

captkirkcanada wrote: Sep 11th, 2022, 11:28 am

Yea was quite the day getting up to go build log mansions and my boss saying dont come into work as our yard was right beside border crossing . I knew aaron brown from king tv and rest is history
after seeing the devastation across the Middle East I can understand the want to bring it to the enemies shores.
sitting rabbit
Fledgling

Post by sitting rabbit »

• Yea was quite the day getting up to go build log mansions and my boss saying dont come into work as our yard was right beside border crossing . I knew aaron brown from king tv and rest is history
:heart:

yes... my senior Aunt lived just down the street from ground zero, and additionally a family member was in hotel very near by- he was awoken (as he had slept in and missed an appt in one of the towers) by a phone call- his co-worker's voice saying don't come in, because... and the phone went dead.
Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better. - Albert Einstein
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

I remember being on night shift at KGH. Day staff were coming in tell us the news. 😢
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

Pitapants wrote: Sep 11th, 2022, 11:50 am
after seeing the devastation across the Middle East I can understand the want to bring it to the enemies shores.
Nothing justifies 9/11. Wow
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I had turned on the news and was astonished to see the whole thing unfolding. I had to get to a client's that morning though and listened to the news all the way there and when I got there I had them turn the tv on, they had no idea at the moment.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

The horrific scenes of planes hitting The Towers on that bright and beautiful morning will always stay with me.

As will the bewilderment, wondering why office staff were targets…why???? What did they do to anyone to warrant being burned alive by jet fuel or having to choose either that or leaping off into the air to die on a sidewalk?

Things changed that day, permanently, and now we can never go back to “before 911”

Those of us who were around then will never forget where we were and what we were doing when the attacks happened.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

The kids were watching YTV, I heard on the radio and came down to change the channel to see the footage. I was chilled, horrified.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

We were just checking out of a B n B in Summerland.

Driving home to PG that day, very few radio stations available, limited information, so much confusion and up in the skies were jet contrails like we have never seen before.
Jets going in all directions.

It was eerie.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

*bump

Closure for families all these years later:
After more than two decades since the terrorist attacks and ahead of 22nd anniversary of 9/11 terror attack, the remains of two people who died in the 9/11 attack on the World Trade Center (WTC) have been identified, New York City's chief medical examiner said Friday.
https://www.mid-day.com/news/world-news ... r-23308282
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 12th, 2023, 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 12th, 2023, 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The man was identified through DNA testing of remains recovered in 2001 and the woman through DNA testing of remains recovered in 2001, 2006, and 2013, says the release.

The techniques used to make these identifications over two decades later “include recently adopted next-generation sequencing technology — more sensitive and rapid than conventional DNA techniques — which has been used by the U.S. military to identify the remains of missing American servicemembers,” says the news release.
https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/08/us/septe ... index.html

I’m amazed at the perseverance of identifying all these people lost that day.

Return to “World”