Live Cam Hurricane Ian

77TA
Lord of the Board

Re: Live Cam Hurricane Ian

Post by 77TA »

The wildfires would stop if everyone would just get an electric car already sheesh.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Bigbacardi wrote: Sep 30th, 2022, 7:10 am Why is it even news?
So there is this area where hurricanes swamp & flood the ground.
I think I will build my house there.
Then it hurricanes, then I lose my house, then I rebuild in the same are?
Sound a little like insanity to me...
Doing the same thing over and again, expecting a different result.
Crazy...
Inland homes have also been heavily impacted, floods like they have never seen. So thinking they are in a relatively safe area, need evacuation because they were not told to evacuate from their location. They might have expected some trees down, or power out for a few days. Insurance would cover wind damage. Instead they are totally flooded out, which insurance will not cover.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/weather/ ... c9b0671c66
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Sep 30th, 2022, 9:59 pm Our insurance rates are up because we built in a semi desert surrounded by forests that will become wildfires every so many years. Last year it was parts of B.c. looking not too smart for building in a hot spot.
Hence my use of the word etc.
Yes people living in forested areas that want the "beauty of nature" and don't cut their trees down near the house etc are a problem. And the eco terrorists try and stop logging and proper forest management that would lessen the risk are a problem.
But the hurricane areas of Florida where millions have moved dwarfs our forested BC. Your statement is a red herring and is either trolling or very naive.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Just more people that live near rivers that DO NOT spend the money to protect their homes or towns.
All low lying areas near rivers, lakes and oceans need to pay more for the inevitable disaster that any, even semi, intelligent person can prognosticate. Defending stupid people who choose not to spend the money to make themselves safe will never get my sympathy or my dollars. I would never donate a penny to those that choose to live in areas that I have previously stated.
The lunacy of present day people in regards to where they choose to live is skyrocketing. Nuts. :crazy:
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Bigbacardi
Übergod

Post by Bigbacardi »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Oct 1st, 2022, 9:44 am
Bigbacardi wrote: Sep 30th, 2022, 7:10 am Why is it even news?
So there is this area where hurricanes swamp & flood the ground.
I think I will build my house there.
Then it hurricanes, then I lose my house, then I rebuild in the same are?
Sound a little like insanity to me...
Doing the same thing over and again, expecting a different result.
Crazy...
Inland homes have also been heavily impacted, floods like they have never seen. So thinking they are in a relatively safe area, need evacuation because they were not told to evacuate from their location. They might have expected some trees down, or power out for a few days. Insurance would cover wind damage. Instead they are totally flooded out, which insurance will not cover.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/weather/ ... c9b0671c66
Are you suggesting that the inland homes(where they can't get hurricane flood insurance) are not in an area of constant hurricane issues???
Or are you just trying to argue???
Remember, you are unique......Just like everybody else...
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

The 1927 floods were much much worse than today’s floods. Have a quick look. Mississippi River rose 40 feet, levees wiped out, thousands of homes lost. Cause: rain that wouldn’t stop, 14 inches in one day

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Mis ... od_of_1927
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown

Return to “World”