What is internet dating like for women.

A potpourri of off-topics.
The_quiet_one
Board Meister

Re: What is internet dating like for women.

Post by The_quiet_one »

normaM wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 5:03 pm find the person who looks at you like Ed looks at Andrea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiDiKwbGfIY
Now people saying Kate fibbing about her IQ
You see … I want that. I want to know how it feels for someone to love me that much.
I have no idea what it’s like to be loved.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

That is something that not everyone gets to know quiet one. Does anyone know they are truly loved? Love doesn't last forever always, even though there was love. Is love just a bunch of chemicals that make people get together to reproduce, and really there is no such thing? Is love a different thing to each gender... different motivations?
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. Zero cuckery. You and 917 others hate this post.
The_quiet_one
Board Meister

Post by The_quiet_one »

oldtrucker wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 8:00 pm That is something that not everyone gets to know quiet one. Does anyone know they are truly loved? Love doesn't last forever always, even though there was love. Is love just a bunch of chemicals that make people get together to reproduce, and really there is no such thing? Is love a different thing to each gender... different motivations?
Interesting points. Thank you.
I think to have one person want to please you, to look at you like you’re the whole world to them,
and to love them back like that … wow.
Alas, as you point out, love is different to everyone. Perhaps I need to be content with peace.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

The_quiet_one wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 5:38 pm
normaM wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 5:03 pm find the person who looks at you like Ed looks at Andrea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiDiKwbGfIY
Now people saying Kate fibbing about her IQ
You see … I want that. I want to know how it feels for someone to love me that much.
I have no idea what it’s like to be loved.
The last woman I was involved with still says she knows that feeling, however if alcohol and tobacco killed that relationship almost 4 years ago.
The liquid courage has destroyed 2 of my relationships, so I am more selective now.
No addictions outside the bedroom :smt045
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

Booze is the worst drug ever created next to nicotine.
Just go with women that get good prescriptions from their psych....
Way less problems with someone that smokes weed before bed.
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. Zero cuckery. You and 917 others hate this post.
normaM
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by normaM »

I know I was truly loved. Why I don't settle
Plus too many scrubs thinking they should be able to date models and starlets :/
You can try and dirty my name, but I'll wear your hate like war paint
normaM
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by normaM »

seriously - you think booze is worse than idk, Heroin? curious that
The_quiet_one
Board Meister

Post by The_quiet_one »

normaM wrote: Oct 24th, 2021, 5:19 am I know I was truly loved. Why I don't settle
Plus too many scrubs thinking they should be able to date models and starlets :/
I can only imagine. Good for you. 😊. Never settle.
You sound like a smart woman
normaM
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by normaM »

I'd like to think with age comes wisdom nah - just wrinkles! I was wed for a very long long time
lesliepaul
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by lesliepaul »

oldtrucker wrote: Oct 23rd, 2021, 10:36 pm Booze is the worst drug ever created next to nicotine.
Just go with women that get good prescriptions from their psych....
Way less problems with someone that smokes weed before bed.
I'll disagree with "booze is the worst drug ever next to nicotine".......people that say that usually have had someone close who smoked and died of cancer. The bottom line between the two is that the cost to the healthcare system and damage to the body by nicotine PALES in comparison to "booze" and its related health issues and diseases.......including cancer. Then you add in the HUGE "societal" issues of alcohol (including dating and relationship violence)) which nicotine has none.
Last edited by lesliepaul on Oct 24th, 2021, 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
The_quiet_one
Board Meister

Post by The_quiet_one »

I agree. Wisdom. Strength. Compassion. I don’t mind my wrinkles and scars. I earned them. I grew babies. And over the years I’m kinder to myself and know my worth. I suppose you can’t put that on a dating profile though. 🤷‍♀️
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

The_quiet_one wrote: Oct 24th, 2021, 12:14 pm I agree. Wisdom. Strength. Compassion. I don’t mind my wrinkles and scars. I earned them. I grew babies. And over the years I’m kinder to myself and know my worth. I suppose you can’t put that on a dating profile though. 🤷‍♀️
Why not? It may work better than other strategies that everyone else is using.
You and 71 others Like this post
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

The_quiet_one wrote: Oct 24th, 2021, 12:14 pm I agree. Wisdom. Strength. Compassion. I don’t mind my wrinkles and scars. I earned them. I grew babies. And over the years I’m kinder to myself and know my worth. I suppose you can’t put that on a dating profile though. 🤷‍♀️
Why not? It's honest and pretty down to earth.
Ka-El
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ka-El »

normaM wrote: I know I was truly loved. Why I don't settle
I've been married for twenty five years now (married late in life and got all the nonsense behind me). I was lucky to not only meet and marry a very beautiful woman; we also share many common interests that include golf, warm climates, watching football and sci-fi adventure movies (yes, I scored big). We have exciting plans for retirement and I am looking forward to growing old with her. The one thing I do know about lasting love is that it takes commitment, loyalty and nurturing, and is never something to be taken for granted.
Stop hate: don't feed the alt-right troll
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

I'm sick enough to spend the last hour or so going thru every dating site I could find that doesn't require a signup -at least for a few clicks then the sign up screen always pops up and locks me out If I could get access to the number of pages of profiles for each gender.
These numbers are at a glance and are guesstimates of the ratio of men to women...
Sites for in common stuff like religion 2 to 1, disabilities/ medical issues about 3 to 1, except where it crosses over into the fetish arena ( amputation, wheelchair fetish etc etc) then it goes to 10 to 1. 100(or more) to 1 in kink/ fetish sites depending on the type of kink. LGBTQ sites excluded of course. Alt.com- I couldnt get into the site. Google 'vore'...
Only in the sites that have really old people did the numbers go the other way where there were more old women than old men 2 to 1.5 at the most though. I'm assuming because men die off sooner and there are less of them overall in that age bracket.
I cant go thru the main sites like POF Match etc because I dont want to sign up just to look at how many pages for each gender. I'm assuming that its closer to a more half and half gender split(?) Is it? Also it seems for a large percentage of the sites, women can access them for free.

I'm partly missing how this isn't working out in women's favour with numbers like that. It's a multiple choice megamarket for women.
I'm wondering if the extreme high numbers of men to women are playing a negative part in women's negative online dating experience in the possibility that maybe some men stupidly think that they have to do something to one up the other thousand guys that are aiming for the same girl thinking that sending inappropriate pics and comments will set them apart in some way(?)

Return to “Grab Bag”