Justice for Ahmaud Arbery didnt start off as a crime of murder

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Justice for Ahmaud Arbery didnt start off as a crime of murder

Post by nucksRnum1 »

Though the justice system appeared to work after the three white men who shot and killed Ahmaud Arbery were found guilty of felony murder, MSNBC’s Chief Legal Correspondent Ari Melber explains how it nearly failed in this case.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/njKJqpEd5TQ[/youtube]
spooker

Re: Justice for Ahmaud Arbery didnt start off as a crime of murder

Post by spooker »

It was good to see that the system worked in this case even while the defense had tried to trigger some bias by talking about Arbery having no socks to cover his long dirty toenails as a reason for the suspicious reaction by the three men ... there were questions raised by others in the legal industry about how far the defense went to advocate for the defendents
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I found the defense to be slimy with their tactics
Glad justice was served - even tho there was concerns about the nearly all white Jury .
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Wow, a lawyer leaking the video that showed the truth.

Not all lawyers are scam bags, i guess.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

It just seemed so odd to me that all the headlines on this story had to stipulate that it was "Three white men" that killed this guy. What is the fixation with their race? If they committed murder, they committed murder. They being purple, green or blue has no bearing on that.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
spooker

Post by spooker »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Nov 25th, 2021, 10:27 am It just seemed so odd to me that all the headlines on this story had to stipulate that it was "Three white men" that killed this guy. What is the fixation with their race? If they committed murder, they committed murder. They being purple, green or blue has no bearing on that.
The fact that they represent the continued racism that exists pretty much sums up the "why" you might be wondering about ...
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Nov 25th, 2021, 10:27 am It just seemed so odd to me that all the headlines on this story had to stipulate that it was "Three white men" that killed this guy. What is the fixation with their race? If they committed murder, they committed murder. They being purple, green or blue has no bearing on that.
Also, why the fixation on the gender? Them being men, women, gender fluid has no bearing on that either!

/s
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

spooker wrote: Nov 25th, 2021, 2:05 pm
The fact that they represent the continued racism that exists
This "racism" and it's continuation seems only to exist in the minds of those who want it to exist, and go looking for it constantly. I noticed that all the race-obsessed nutjobs out there totally ignored this event:

Andrew Coffee IV found not guilty on all counts of murder, attempted first degree murder

https://www.wpbf.com/article/andrew-cof ... s/38304640#

Andrew Coffee IV is African-American, but yet all of the headlines I read about his case didn't refer to him as "Andrew Coffee IV, black man, found not guilty". They just called him Andrew Coffee IV. Why the difference? It's almost as if the media is perpetuating racism in order to feed gullible fools the lie about there being racism under every rock, everywhere. It's just so sad.
pretty much sums up the "why" you might be wondering about ...
Pretty much doesn't do that at all.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
spooker

Post by spooker »

Even Steven wrote: Nov 25th, 2021, 2:10 pm
Also, why the fixation on the gender? Them being men, women, gender fluid has no bearing on that either!

/s
And doesn't "three" sort of intimidate the reader? It is a "magic" number ...
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

It's because Arbery was murdered for the "crime" of jogging while black which those 3 dumb, white rednecks thought meant he was fleeing a crime. The truck had a Confederate flag on it and they called him racist names while he was under attack from these racists. Race is very much relevant in this young man's murder.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

JLives wrote: Nov 25th, 2021, 2:50 pm The truck had a Confederate flag on it and they called him racist names while he was under attack from these racists. Race is very much relevant in this young man's murder.
:up: :up:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

JLives wrote: Nov 25th, 2021, 2:50 pm
It's because Arbery was murdered for the "crime" of jogging while black which those 3 dumb, white rednecks thought meant he was fleeing a crime. The truck had a Confederate flag on it and they called him racist names while he was under attack from these racists. Race is very much relevant in this young man's murder.
Given the amount of disinformation with that 17 year old kid, who knows if any of what you wrote above is actually true. As I said, even if "race is very much relevant" as you state above, why does this have to be in every headline? Just state that three guys were found guilty, and that's the end of the story.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

GB knows perfectly well why
The next charges they face are for committing a hate crime.. so yea it was about race
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

I'm sure that the media was hoping for rioting.

Scenario one. Three whites found not guilty. Blacks everywhere burn, loot and murder.

Scenario two. Three whites found guilty. Whites everywhere burn, loot, and murder.

Hey, why wasn't there any burning, looting, and murdering by the whites? :200:
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Because whites aren't systematically discriminated against?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Social Concerns”