Feel-good stories

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
hozzle
Lord of the Board

Re: Feel-good stories

Post by hozzle »

Not really a feel-good story, but a good pick-me-up... at least for me.
“The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient, while nature cures the disease." & “doctors put drugs of what they know little into bodies of which they know less for diseases of which they know nothing at all.”
- M. de Voltaire
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

hozzle wrote: Feb 19th, 2022, 9:16 pm Not really a feel-good story, but a good pick-me-up... at least for me.
:up: :up:
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Mayotruck
Fledgling

Post by Mayotruck »

Makes me feel good that people are waking up to whats going on in the world. Freedom is coming for all :130:
LPC, NDP, CPC are all globalist WEF puppets.
Proof Pierre is WEF = https://tinyurl.com/2p8x39sm

PPC is the only party that isn't. Vote PPC for change.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
dscarson

Post by dscarson »

Back in 1998 the wife and I were returning home to Calgary after visiting family for Christmas here in Kelowna and we both had to return to work in a couple days so anyways I start losing power and the car starts to die and I'm coasting down the highway and come to a stop just before a road going to a mill. I pop the hood , and realize my alternator is fried. We are almost at golden. Anyways trucks start coming out on this road , end of shift I guess and a couple fellows stop to help. One of them says I live close by and if you can make it to my house with a boost I have tools and I'll help you fix it. This guy had us over for dinner with his family, drove me to a parts store and climbed under the car with me in the winter and helped me change the part. Fired her up and we were good to go. Now I offered to pay this gentleman for his time and generousity and he would have no part of it. We were screwed without this guy and 24 years ago didn't have money for hotels/mechanic etc. It was something I will never forget as long as I live.
Drive an EV, I need your gas.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

If you have his name and address you could still thank him now with 2 dozen beer or roses. :biggrin:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
dscarson

Post by dscarson »

Unfortunately I don't . Being 24 years ago. I do try to.pay forward , maybe not to that extent but I will help anyone if I can. Great people nonetheless.
Drive an EV, I need your gas.
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

garth brooks gives a fan his guitar in exchange for a pick of his from 30 years ago

https://youtu.be/jVJMj7iCh50 [icon_lol2.gif]
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Feel good story. If the link works

I am not wealthy but I am rich
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

seewood wrote: Jun 10th, 2022, 6:27 am Feel good story. If the link works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZcK-Eima-w
Awww! :cry: I'm such a sap!
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

seewood wrote: Jun 10th, 2022, 6:27 am Feel good story. If the link works

lol. Yup, this is awesome! I agree with sapled. :-) Not to mention, the Enchroma shades look great!
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

Harm Reduction Is Cool
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

Jonathan Edward Durham
@thisone0verhere
Hey if tacos can totally fall apart and still be amazing so can you.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Hahaha! I love this guy. Have you read his book Winterset Hollow?
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein

Return to “Social Concerns”