The feminist movement is getting out of control.

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Re: The feminist movement is getting out of control.

Post by liisgo »

What? no women asking you out on a date these days?
If you ask a woman out , you pay.
If you ask a man out , you pay.

Simple etiquette.

date? Now everyone uses "Tinder", plenty of fish etc.
Dont live in the past...
maru487

Post by maru487 »

I find all of these subjects fascinating. I'll admit I only skimmed the original post, but have a few thoughts.

With respect to children, I don't believe there should be any separation of genders. At this age there is no need for defining gender or to reinforce a perceived gender. Boys Scouts, Girl Scouts, Beavers, Brownies. These should all be dissolved to make way for gender-less versions. This age has no gender, they have a sex they were born with and that's it.

(As an aside. There will be gender variations in any society, but I am referring to the statistically supported classic gender roles. This could also apply to other genders and sexual orientations, but I am unable to comment on what I haven't experienced.)

As far as a double standard, yes there is and YES there should be until evolution changes the chemical release systems of male and female genders . If you step back and remove the self awareness from the discussion, there is a basic and obvious system at work. Based on my own experience daily and talking to other men, we get a release of chemicals every time we see an attractive woman. Everything about her is sexually by default. This isn't a point of variability, it's bio-chemically based fact. From the shape of her legs in yoga pants to the silky flow of their hair, everything screams, "YES PLEASE." in the male brain. Based on listening to women, the chemistry isn't the same. It generally takes more intellectual effort to stimulate a woman's chemicals. There could be a mild sexual attraction, but generally women need more intellectual stimulation to coerce the chemicals out.

One of the best resources for seeing this, is with the articles about teachers who sleep with their student(s). From my personal experience and the comment sections you see an overwhelming number of men wishing they had had a sexual encounter or relationship with their female teacher. It is one of the top ten fantasies for men with most of the comments saying, "I wish I had a teacher like that". Flip to the other side and it's not same. The teacher took advantage, she is just a child, he is a sexual predator. Monica Lewinski was over 20 and still a significant number of people saw Bill as taking advantage, that he used his status to sway her.

This evolutionary standard is always changing, but the current pitch of society requires a strong and informative feminist movement. I am a man, trying everyday to change those chemical releases, to see the qualities of a person outside of reproduction and it is an uphill battle. The happy chemicals are hard to resist when seeing a woman, they flow with ease and no one knows what I am craving. I can fantasize to any degree I wish, making it hard to see the damage. "If it's just inside my head, what's the harm?" The harm is now all around us. It's in how our teachers have unconscious bias, it's in the way we still treat PMS, it's in how family traditions reinforce stereotypes.

It's time to change the evolution through the epigenome, the generationally programmable genetic code. The epigenome is affected by our environment and will pass this onto our lineage. We must change the environment, we must have equality in ever aspect for every human being. This has started and I have noticed a massive difference in the schools of today compared to the schools of the 80's, my high school decade. But this change must continue and the path to this change must be lead by everyone.

Equal pay, equal respect, equal in any part of the world. Until that balance is obvious in society, we need women only options, we need #metoo, we need a strong feminist movement. Perhaps the change is mostly on the men to chemically evolve, but the hard work of showing that change is needed? Everyone.
maru487

Post by maru487 »

oldtrucker wrote:So it's womens day. McDonalds even has the 'M' upside down to make it a 'W'. When is mens day?
My GF and I were talking about this and were laughing at the need some feel to have a special, politically correct, childish gold star on the fridge, everyone gets a trophy, day. Didn't want to start a new thread, I stuck it here. Not bashing anyone here but even my GF (who is a girl-duh) thinks this is pathetic, and further this b.s. goes, the more pathetic her, and her fellow women look.

You aren't seeing the imbalance. It's like saying,"All lives Matter" when hearing, "Black lives matter" or "Indigenous lives matter". Yes, all lives are supposed matter, but they don't. Right now, only some lives do. So the point in using a term like that is to say the current societal vision isn't including indigenous people in that statement. The same goes for classic gender roles.

All genders matter, so let's increase the weight on the woman's side of the scale to make statement is true.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

About the Girl Scout/Boy scout thing. It would be great if it didn't matter and everyone could be all mixed up regardless of gender, and maybe society is ready for that by now. You would think so after all these years of trying to get gender biases out of our society. However there were, at the time, benefits to separating girls from boys. I think Girl Guides was empowering for me, taught me camping skills and leadership/organizational skills that probably influenced me for my whole life. In high school there was a bit of a push on to get more females into science, and that probably influenced me as well, I could at least consider a career in medicine that didn't mean being a nurse (not that there's anything wrong with being a nurse). I could consider being medical doctor or researcher, these types of options were rarely taken up by females. Although my mom said I couldn't be a veterinary doctor, now there are all sorts of female vets, including in large animals. Because of women encouraging each other they are learning to be farriers, or farmers, thought to be than only men could do that sort of thing.

So throwing the genders together is fine, as long as it really does encourage people to explore roles outside traditional choices . I think nursing is still mainly female, but there are more males getting into it, and I think that's great too (Lord knows we need more nurses).
Maybe mixing the genders in Scouts or whatever groups will helpmore males and females realize they can work together and gain something from that experience as well.
Jack DeBear
Board Meister

Post by Jack DeBear »

I'm not sure this belongs in this thread, but I always love me some Margaret.

Margaret Atwood on How Donald Trump Helped ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’

<snip>

What does feminism mean to you?

It’s not up for me to decide. For me, it means something that is working for women’s equality, and we are a long way from that. And by equality, I mean legal equality, political equality, and social equality.

<snip>

If Hillary was president, would the show not have worked?

It would have worked as a show, but it wouldn’t have worked the same way. Of course not. You always view these things through the lens of events that have taken place. Charles Lindbergh seemed like a possibility for president of the United States in the 1930s. But in 1942, he wasn’t anymore. Why? Because the United States was in World War II and he was a fascist.

Were you surprised that Trump was elected?

I’m too old to really be surprised. Think of how long I’ve been on the planet. I’ve seen a lot of regime changes in different countries. The people who were devastated were young people who had never experienced anything of the kind. And some of them were quite upset. But it’s not the end of the world, although it’s pretty bad for the environment.

You attended one of the women’s marches last year. What do you make of this latest wave of activism?

Typically, waves are waves. They hit the shore and then they recede and then they hit the shore again. How many backlashes have we been through? We used to have a race going on, to see which would win, between “1984” and “Brave New World.” It looked as if “Brave New World” had won. . . .

<snip>

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/margare ... 202748535/
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Now I have to read "Brave New World." I've see the facets of 1984 being put in place though.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Jack DeBear
Board Meister

Post by Jack DeBear »

Spoiler alert and the format isn’t meant to act as an assault on anyone’s intelligence.

It’s ‘cause, if you watch the video in the ‘Variety’ article on Atwood that I posted above, you’ll see how and why she’s working on a graphic novel--hint: it's about cats.
(http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/margare ... 202748535/).

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Jack DeBear
Board Meister

Post by Jack DeBear »

:laugh: And here I thought only women could pee themselves from laughing.

But here's to future gender population equality in the old-folks homes. :130:
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

It is hilarious! I had to watch it twice. :130:
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

OH SO NOW IT'S ALL JUST BECAUSE MEN ARE CLUMSY AND STUPID!!!!......wait....I'm not some idiot that gets triggered over comedy...........

That was pretty funny Queen, wife and I had a good laugh.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Or is it, "MEN TAKE UNNECESSARY MACHO TYPE RISKS"??? :138:

:popcorn:
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Queen K wrote:Or is it, "MEN TAKE UNNECESSARY MACHO TYPE RISKS"??? :138:

:popcorn:

hold my beer and watch this.....nah no man has ever said that have they.....
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Oh why no! Never! Or ended up in KGH, or has a million youtube vids proving otherwise. :laugh:
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Queen K wrote:Oh why no! Never! Or ended up in KGH, or has a million youtube vids proving otherwise. :laugh:

Well to be honest women have ended up in kgh for the similar actions.......just the game was different it was "you don't need a condom..."

baby...........longest lasting STD ever...children

Return to “Social Concerns”