The feminist movement is getting out of control.

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: The feminist movement is getting out of control.

Post by Queen K »

I thought that was the guy...."baby, I'm shooting blanks.....trust me."
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Veovis wrote:
Queen K wrote:Oh why no! Never! Or ended up in KGH, or has a million youtube vids proving otherwise. :laugh:

Well to be honest women have ended up in kgh for the similar actions.......just the game was different it was "you don't need a condom..."

baby...........longest lasting STD ever...children

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: good one
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Many guys really seek out high risk jobs, perhaps it's because our society glorifies these occupations. Look at all the cop, firemen, football, secret agent, type programs mainly featuring men. Afew more women are getting into these now. So I hired a guy once for a roofing job, and was told he was a bit of a daredevil (understatement). While he was working one day (great worker by the way), I saw a storm coming up, and knowing the weather patterns around here I knew it would come on fast and furious. I immediately went out and told him he had to come down right now or he could be seriously hurt by wind or lightening. He brushed me off, gave excuses, and I continued to implore him to get off the roof. Eventually he relented and was saying how difficult that was given the high winds and ball bearing hail that was falling on the roof. So certain types are attracted to certain occupations, has nothing to do with feminism, except I think there will gradually be more women taking on these kinds of jobs, as societal attitudes change.The balance of men vs women who take on these jobs (and become injured or die as a result will also change.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Looks more like the anti-feminists are getting out of control. This monsters opinions would not have been out of place on this thread, we've heard it all here before.

https://www.thecut.com/2018/04/what-is- ... ssian.html
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

"Feminist"
"They say they want equality for both men and women but really they want is supremacy over men. They also pass laws like Vawa . Violence Against Women Act discriminates against men by taking a woman's side during a dispute and label men as the victimizers and the women as the victims.They have set up shop in domestic violence shelters where they promote divorce, marriage breakup, hatred of men, and false accusations. They also have funding for women.Yup over one billion tax dollars are going to these hypocrites. Anyways I can go on and on with they're hypocrisy but i stop it at that".

does anyone know someone that calls themselves a feminist and actually proves themselves by fighting for equality across the board. Or is it more like the definition above? eg; how many young girls and their mothers, in the usa have demanded fairness when it comes to the "Draft"? If you stand for equality then set an example.
I have never met a women that has insisted on equality when something benefits and gives them the advantage and offer that advantage away.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Canada has gender equality wrt enlistment in the armed forces,for those who have the physical, mental, moral requirements.
So that's 35 million who support our government's policy on that.
I should think a fair number of americans would also support that.

Many people do not support conscription for males, or females. It's not necessarily a gender issue for them.
There is a long history in america of people protesting conscription. Which is why Canada did away with it.
Apparently the US for much the same reasons has not employed the draft for since the vietnam war.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... t/2578847/

So if forced conscription ended in 1973 in the US, I'm not seeing how males are being treated very differently from females.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Regarding the VAWA (which by the way has had bipartisan support for the most part since 1994):
"Persons who are covered under VAWA immigration provisions
VAWA allows for the possibility that certain individuals who might not otherwise be eligible for immigration benefits may petition for US permanent residency on the grounds of a close relationship with a US citizen or permanent resident who has been abusing them. The following persons are eligible to benefit from the immigration provisions of VAWA:

A wife or husband who has been abused by a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (Green Card holder) spouse. The petition will also cover the petitioner’s children under age 21.
A child abused by a U.S. citizen or permanent resident parent. The petition can be filed by an abused child or by her parent on the child’s behalf.
A parent who has been abused by a U.S. citizen child who is at least 21 years old.[36]
Coverage of male victims
Although the title of the Act and the titles of its sections refer to victims of domestic violence as women, the operative text is gender-neutral, providing coverage for male victims as well.[37] Individual organizations have not been successful in using VAWA to provide equal coverage for men.[38] The law has twice been amended in attempts to address this situation. The 2005 reauthorization added a non-exclusivity provision clarifying that the title should not be construed to prohibit male victims from receiving services under the Act.[39] The 2013 reauthorization added a non-discrimination provision that prohibits organizations receiving funding under the Act from discriminating on the basis of sex, although the law allows an exception for "sex segregation or sex-specific programming" when it is deemed to be "necessary to the essential operations of a program."[40] Jan Brown, the Founder and Executive Director of the Domestic Abuse Helpline for Men and Women contends that the Act may not be sufficient to ensure equal access to services.[41]"
If anyone has complaints about how the Act has been developed, they should certainly enlighten lawmakers, Otherwise what they are railing against is the democratic process. Incidentally the vast majority of those lawmakers are male, so I don't see how this can be pinned on feminists.
I think that most caring individuals agree that victims of serious spousal abuse need support, and should get it. Granted the need is much greater than the funds provided, but that is not a reason not to attempt to help those who really need it. It is an unfortunate fact that about 80% of those victims are women and children.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Cosby convicted of three counts of aggravated indecent assault. Cosby's lawyer states, the fight is not over. For many of his victims, they will never get their day in court, which beg the question of why there is a statute of limitations on rape?
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Silverstarqueen wrote:Cosby convicted of three counts of aggravated indecent assault. Cosby's lawyer states, the fight is not over. Cosby shouted profanities in the court room as they discussed his sentence. For many of his victims(only 62 of which have reported), they will never get their day in court, which beg the question of why there is a statute of limitations on rape?
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

Silverstarqueen wrote:Canada has gender equality wrt enlistment in the armed forces,for those who have the physical, mental, moral requirements.
So that's 35 million who support our government's policy on that.
I should think a fair number of americans would also support that.

Many people do not support conscription for males, or females. It's not necessarily a gender issue for them.
There is a long history in america of people protesting conscription. Which is why Canada did away with it.
Apparently the US for much the same reasons has not employed the draft for since the vietnam war.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... t/2578847/

So if forced conscription ended in 1973 in the US, I'm not seeing how males are being treated very differently from females.

Canada did not do away with it because of gender equality and women fighting against the obvious discrimination that it invoked on men and boys. And 35 million did not fight the government to with draw that form of discrimination, not a chance.
There are well over 160 million women in the usa. Many million more have walked into hundreds of social service allowances knowing full well that only they are allowed those rights, freely from any obligation such as signing their life away to this "draft" before they are legally allowed any of those same rights, freedoms, medical, drivers licenses etc.
Its an easy out to say, that women had a part in canada's decision to do away with it but not one single protest, complaint, women has ever stood proud and strong for gender equality against this obvious form of discrimination.
How can millions of women protest on one side of the street and then not set an example themselves.
One answer, They dont care because it doesn't effect them, they achieve a direct benefit from it.
Clinton and the female card, preaching about equality, but turning a blind eye to the legal discrimination of the draft, when her daughters are required to sign up for the draft.
What a disguisting example of hypocrisy that continues to be shown.
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

[quote=

So if forced conscription ended in 1973 in the US, I'm not seeing how males are being treated very differently from females.[/quote]

https://www.sss.gov/Registration-Info/Who-Registration
Almost all male U.S. citizens and male immigrants, who are 18 through 25, are required to register with Selective Service. It's important to know that even though he is registered, a man will not automatically be inducted into the military. In a crisis requiring a draft, men would be called in a sequence determined by random ...
When young American men turn 18, they are required to register with the Selective Service System (SSS) because of federal law (50 U.S.C. App. 451 et seq). That law requires almost every male citizen, as well as immigrant men living in the United States, to register in the event of a military draft. Women are not required to register, nor are men 26 and older.

It is law in the USA, as above. Men not registering for selective service in the USA are legally not able to receive many socially funded services and even drivers license. Because it hasnt been used in 50 years is reason for feminists to say its not an issue?
It is sick that we, you ignore the fact that this is one of the most obvious forms of gender discrimination ever and do nothing about it.
"Feminism" has a definition, "feminists" is just a label one gives themselves. They have nothing to do in common.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

So, men in the US have to "register", not been forced to serve, since 1973, if between the ages of 18 and 26, if they want social services. Gee that seems pretty harsh.

And they want women to protest this for them? lol Even if they did require women to "register", they also would not have been compelled to serve during those 45 years since 1973. So what actual difference would it have made except on paper?

I haven't heard of wide spread protests led by men either, but i am sure there are many.
Welcome to Canada, no such problem, service is voluntary. And now I am sick because I am not protesting for these the cruel treatment of these young American men? But since no man has been forced in to service in the US in 45 years, maybe few young men are willing to get off their duff and protest the cruelty themselves.If enough Americans cared, even just male Americans. I am sure lawmakers (being mainly male) would change this law. But hey, blame it on the feminists. This is actually what has gone wrong today with our society. Too many people thinking they are entitled, and blaming their woes on feminists. Surely men can petition for their own gendre, if they have a specific beef, just as women have.
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

That is the "two faced side" of whats left of Feminists. Fine and quiet about any and everything that doesnt effect them or hold a "Trump card" . Men have been blamed and challenged for the last 60 years by the powerful feminist. Men will not be listened to because they are the ones that are blamed for all. Women are victims of everything men have created and controled and for their own short comings.
Do not forget that only a very few call them selves "feminist" because they now recognize the hypocricy of feminists. Feminism and feminists are 2 very different things.
More women challenge feminism now than those that call themselves feminists.
The only thing stopping feminist from achieving anything is nothing more than themselves. In the mean time they have ruined society for this and the next generations.
Its very interesting watching this now. A new womens movement, "why I am not a feminists" and the victimhood group of people still labeling themselves "feminists".
http://time.com/3028827/women-against-f ... -it-right/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guuPHxg4XXc
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

So, this tiny group of feminists have ruined everything for everyone else, while overwhelmingly men have been in charge of practically every law passed in the US? No wonder anti feminists are confused with the above posted dog's breakfast of misinformation.

Feminists have just celebrated a legal decision where a man with a great deal of power managed to assault upwards of 60 women (and counting). His first victims were in the 60's (that we know of). So it only took fifty years to convict him. About 2% of sexual offenders ever see a day in jail.Many women don't report because they get dragged thru the mud, just as in this most recent trial, and usually for no purpose because the offender gets off. What about the other 55 women who did not get to give their evidence? Suppose he had been stopped 50 years ago, how different would the victim's lives, aspirations, careers, have been?
Where would we be wrt protecting women from assault if the feminists had not worked so hard for the last 50 years? The fight continues even though small progress has been made more recently. Maybe feminists have been a bit too busy with getting some basic rights and justice for the multitude of battered and sexually assaulted and abused women. So they didn't have a lot of spare time to protest some young guys who don't want to register to get certain services.Women aren't calling for blame to be laid against all men, or even most men. Only for those few who have perpetrated crimes, and those who have protected and supported the offenders.

Return to “Social Concerns”