Easy way to quit smoking

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
mexi cali
Guru

Re: Easy way to quit smoking

Post by mexi cali »

This is gonna sound like a pounding what, but it's not. I swore that I would never take a drug to get off a drug. It's weak.

My argument has always and will always be, if you REALLY WANT TO QUIT SMOKING, stop smoking.

It really isn't as bad as people make it out to be and even if it was, it's still worth doing.

Like the swoosh says, just do it.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Mar 22nd, 2017, 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed auto sensor work around.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

I get what you're saying, I ain't gonna ride you about it, I just don't necessarily agree.

I don't think it's, if one wants to really quit, as you say it's more what works for the individual.
Why suffer need lessly? And if it improves chances of success, why not? Why not use science? We know addiction is more than just pulling up ones socks.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Ha just a funny factoid Mexicali, and totally off topic. Watched a doc about crashing an airliner for test purposes.... in Mexicali Mexico. Your name finally makes sense.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

U can quit if u try brother . I'm not good at much. I quit easy enuff . U guys can do it too
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

All those methods I mentioned were over a15 year period.

Thought I was free and clear after 5 solid years, my Achilles ?
Dating cute girls that smoked
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Cute girls who smoke?

Isnt' that the ultimate oxymoron?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

What_the wrote:I get what you're saying, I ain't gonna ride you about it, I just don't necessarily agree. WADR; you don't have the right to agree or disagee because you haven't lived on both sides.

I don't think it's, if one wants to really quit, as you say it's more what works for the individual. Nope; you have to want to quit. People who try because someone asked them too or they finally noticed the gross medical warnings on the packages fail because their mind wasn't in the game. You have to want to.
Why suffer need lessly? EXACTLY!!!!!!! That's what smoking does to you brother. It makes you suffer needlessly And if it improves chances of success, why not? Why not use science? We know addiction is more than just pulling up ones socks.

My advice? Man up and put the frikkin things where they belong. In the garbage. Tough it out for 2 or 3 days and then shower me with thanks. And Super Bowl tickets.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

What_the wrote:Ha just a funny factoid Mexicali, and totally off topic. Watched a doc about crashing an airliner for test purposes.... in Mexicali Mexico. Your name finally makes sense.

That wasn't for test purposes; That was purely entertainment. :up:
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

What_the wrote:All those methods I mentioned were over a15 year period.

Thought I was free and clear after 5 solid years, my Achilles ?
Dating cute girls that smoked

Cute girls don't smoke. There is nothing more distasteful than a woman with a smoke pushed into her pie hole. I hold women in very high regard and when I see them smoke, it hurts my heart.

Men who smoke are just stupid. Women who smoke are traitors.

Double standard? You betcha.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Meh, you're right. Cute girls don't, the 2 I'm thinking of were Damn hot!

But WADR back, I think you're being a little over board with your position on mine. I have been on both sides so do have the right. I've quit smoking as i've already mentioned, and let's not forget that as individuals with common ground, we should agree there's more than one way to skin a cat.

My down stairs neighbour smokes and it wafts in my window or door and I don't particularly like it.

Im not defending smoking at all and would love as well for it to disappear. Even at my 2 pack a day heyday, I hated smoking around kids so didn't. Even if they walked by holding mommies hand there was shame as I know monkey see monkey do.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Admittedly, my stance is a strong one and I have no sympathy/empathy for smokers. There is an attitude that many smokers share (yes, it applied to me too when I was still smoking) and that is their lack of ability to understand just how disgusting the habit is and the effect that it has on others and I'm not just talking about second hand smoke (but that should be enough).

I'm talking about the litter and the smell on their clothes and vehicles and homes and how nasty it is to have to walk through a cloud of smoke or wade through several of them as they huddle outside to have a puff.

It is just so absolutely ridiculous yet 18% of the population still doesn't get it. They defend their right to smoke as though it affects nobody but them. My not smoking does nothing to affect a smoker when our paths cross but the same isn't true in reverse.

I liked your last post. It shows that you are getting to or maybe are already at that place where you're going to take the plunge again. When it does, commit to it being the last time.

I quit for periods of time, a year I think was the longest but then stupidly went back. I hated that I was so weak. It was embarrassing for me.

I 100% understand the pull but I still say that even given that, it is so doable and the best, most satisfying way and the way that gives you the best opportunity to be done forever is to just stop. No drugs. No nothing. Just willpower.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Oh, and the same rule applies to hot girls who smoke. It aint.
Last edited by mexi cali on Mar 23rd, 2017, 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Here's something for women to give some thought to; women biitch and moan all the time about how hard it is to meet guys. So let's look at the numbers. If only 18% of the population are still smoking, that means that the number of people not smoking is 82%.

That severely limits the odds of meeting someone when guys for the most part don't like or won't consider women who smoke and that means that the pool the smoking ladies have to choose from is very shallow indeed.

Why make it harder on yourself girls?

Yellow teeth are gross.

The air is better and the grass is greener.

Come on over.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

ANd apologies for missing the 5 year hiatus.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

mexicalidreamer wrote:ANd apologies for missing the 5 year hiatus.

I kick myself all the time for that. Dumb dumb dumb.

She didn't smoke much, of course I didn't like it but we hit it off and were living together years later. One day, and it's all on me taking full responsibility for my actions, asked for a drag. She didn't want to but I insisted. Next day I was buying a pack. <shakes head> that was the end of 5 years smoke free.

Current girlfriend hates me smoking and rides me or I guess rode me now. She s another reason besides health and money why I'm quit again. There's that both sides again lol

There's definitely something to be said for group therapy, reading and writing in this thread has strengthened my resolve.

Not sure about super bowl tickets but I'll certainly raise a glass :130:

Return to “Social Concerns”