Okay I gotta ask - man buns?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Okay I gotta ask - man buns?

Post by Barney Google »

Man Buns...???

http://www.sacmag.com/Sacramento-Magazi ... /Man-Buns/

chris_hemsworth_getty_620use.jpg

men-hairstyle-the-men-bun.jpg

And on the lighter side...

man-buns.jpg

and

Love, Man Bun: Windsor native's spoof video on his hair attracts attention
http://windsorstar.com/news/local-news/love-man-bun-windsor-natives-spoof-video-on-his-hair-attracts-attention
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxPIrQZmIP4
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Re: Okay I gotta ask....Man Buns?

Post by StraitTalk »

It's just hair. The fact that they're called man buns at all and not just buns is odd though.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

a big huge NO...this hipster crap is going too far in my opinion...and those spacers things in the ears, what the hell, why ??? your ears are gonna look hideous when you get older...
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Don't like the Buns and the ear things look ridiculous now let alone when they are 80!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

I think men having long hair is fine, and with long hair you need to put it up sometimes. Ponytails, buns, braids etc are fine, if they like it then good for them.

I have to agree with StraitTalk, I sure don't understand the whole "man" part of man buns. Are male egos that fragile they need to put ''man" in front of certain things because society sees it as feminine?
hail Satan y'all
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

StraitTalk wrote:It's just hair. The fact that they're called man buns at all and not just buns is odd though.

whatwhat wrote:I have to agree with StraitTalk, I sure don't understand the whole "man" part of man buns. Are male egos that fragile they need to put ''man" in front of certain things because society sees it as feminine?

I just hope this doesn't turn into the next PC crap craze.

whatwhat wrote:I think men having long hair is fine, and with long hair you need to put it up sometimes. Ponytails, buns, braids etc are fine, if they like it then good for them.

Bald guys are usually jealous LOL ;)

Hell, not my cup of tea but if you can wear it - then wear it - nothing wrong with it.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Meh .. whatever floats your boat..

But I think they're dumb..Like the "man purse"
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

I think "Man Bun" (and Man Purse for that matter) originated as mildly derisive terms that no one thinks twice about anymore. Wasn't man purse/murse originally a Seinfeld gag? Anyways if you have one, by using those terms you're in on the joke I guess. As for why men tie their hair that way, it looks a little more exotic than a plain pony tail, so maybe that's what they're going for. People my age lived through rat tails and mullets, and we emerged mostly unscathed. This won't be any worse.

Earlobe gauging (aka stretching) probably doesn't look any worse at age 80 than it does at age 20. I guess you're committed to just keeping the jewelry in permanently.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

MAPearce wrote:But I think they're dumb..Like the "man purse"

Sorry, but I can't live without my man purse.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Sorry, but I can't live without my man purse.

Whatever floats your boat ...... My , now teenaged , girl has a bunch of "hair pretties" she doesn't want anymore..

You want em ?

She'll gladly trade you for any fishin tackle you don't use ....

Wasn't man purse/murse originally a Seinfeld gag?

Manzier !!! That was a great episode !!
Last edited by MAPearce on Apr 11th, 2016, 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

MAPearce wrote:Whatever floats your boat ...... My , now teenaged , girl has a bunch of "hair pretties" she doesn't want anymore..

You want em ?

I wish - but sadly, they won't do me any good LOL!
MAPearce wrote:She'll gladly trade you for any fishin tackle you don't use ....

Nah, I don't have any of that stuff - the Mrs. is the one that does the hunting and fishing - I just end up crying LOL!
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Nah, I don't have any of that stuff - the Mrs. is the one that does the hunting and fishing - I just end up crying LOL!

As long as she cleans and eats the catch , that's all that matters !
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

MAPearce wrote:As long as she cleans and eats the catch , that's all that matters !

Oh she cleans it alright - I'd gag LOL!

The Mrs. loves my man purse (the term she teases me about it) - means she doesn't have to carry hers and I get stuck with all her stuff LOL!
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

^^ Ok .. I'll give you those hair pretties for free then !

Return to “Social Concerns”