Social Justice Warrior

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Re: Social Justice Warrior

Post by averagejoe »

Are Colleges turning into Soviet re-education camps?
And you wonder where all these young adults (If you want to call them that?) get training....
This is like commie headquarters....

Marquette students required to attend ‘social justice’ workshops

Many professors” at Marquette University require their students to complete “reflection sessions” on race and privilege, strictly monitoring their attendance and participation.
Marquette claims that over 1,000 students participate in the Service Learning Program each semester, and thus far 36 professors have pledged to integrate the programming into their Spring 2017 courses.

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=8656
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

There is a difference between a person who wants to help with social justice, and the SJW. Someone who wants to help will give money, volunteer at Inn From the Cold or a soup kitchen. They will find a way to reach people that others throw away (ie: Metro Church). They actually care about PEOPLE.

A SJW will bully you into accepting their path as the only truth. They won't reason, they will shout you down. They aren't actually interested in doing work, they want to show up, stand in a spotlight and yell. They want all their friends to see how enlightened they are and if they have good karma, maybe they'll even make the news. . . and now they want their safe spaces and to sue you for triggering them. They don't care about people so much as the cause, and even more how good they'll look while doing nothing but make noise.
I haven't failed until I quit.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

I posted this in the meme thread but if it's ok with Queen I will post it in this thread too...
Attachments
sjw.jpg
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

averagejoe wrote:Are Colleges turning into Soviet re-education camps?
And you wonder where all these young adults (If you want to call them that?) get training....
This is like commie headquarters....

Marquette students required to attend ‘social justice’ workshops

Many professors” at Marquette University require their students to complete “reflection sessions” on race and privilege, strictly monitoring their attendance and participation.
Marquette claims that over 1,000 students participate in the Service Learning Program each semester, and thus far 36 professors have pledged to integrate the programming into their Spring 2017 courses.

If this is true, then this is truly scary. I was just called "privileged" yesterday in another thread, by someone who is big into social justice. I started laughing, because if they only knew...
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

The Green Barbarian wrote: I started laughing, .

You just offended me !

Gimme fifty bucks !! (It'll help ease the strain you put on my feeling.)
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Lady tehMa wrote:A SJW will bully you into accepting their path as the only truth. They won't reason, they will shout you down. They aren't actually interested in doing work, they want to show up, stand in a spotlight and yell. They want all their friends to see how enlightened they are and if they have good karma, maybe they'll even make the news. . .

LOL, is this a joke ? If not you need to get out more and pay attention to what's going on..SJW's are far from being the only group that exercises those above mentioned traits..an easy example of this is anti abortion protesters.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

Be careful what you answer... might find you've been digging your own pit of two-faced hypocrisy:

The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Labels bother me.
Social justice-what is it?
In my humble opinion it is concern, consideration and empathy for people, place or things that cannot, willnot or otherwise unable to speak for it self.
Standing up for a bullied person- social justice.
Representing a poor person pro-bono against the crown-social justice.
Speaking out for equality of Sexes or minorities-social justice.
Etc.
Advocating for the rights of the individual against the conglomerate corporate and government regime-social justice.

Now, the theme of this thread is in essence derogatory, like a "liberal" being called a "bleeding heart" (Google etymology).
Personally, I'd be proud to have bleeding heart on my epitaph because to me, I stand for justice for all.

Where did this moniker come from?
From my perspective it was coined from the right wing, based on notions of ideology and not facts.

Interestingly, there doesn't appear to be a moniker for the right wing other than, a*****e. funny to me there's multiples for the left wing: bleeding heart, snowflake, Liberal etc.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

it comes from the countless tw@s who think they believe in all the good things you listed...but who are oblivious to their own twisted hypocrisy, totalitarian ideology, double standards and viciousness when it comes to facts and views that don't fully conform with their own La-La-Land perspectives.

What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Sure, there are those that do the things listed sobro, but again from my perspective, yelling and being a *bleep* is far and away a while different level than some *bleep* who has power and willfully uses that power personal or otherwise. Sjw use words and spiel, the other side uses fear and power. And pandering to the right wing is the politics of fear imo.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

... Real World vs La-La-Land ...imo

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

What_the wrote: Sjw use words and spiel, the other side uses fear and power. And pandering to the right wing is the politics of fear imo.

Words like fear..... [icon_lol2.gif]
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

What_the wrote:
Interestingly, there doesn't appear to be a moniker for the right wing other than, a*****e. funny to me there's multiples for the left wing: bleeding heart, snowflake, Liberal etc.

I'm neither left, nor right... as personally I'm fine with gay people shooting guns off at their wedding and sick people using cannabis before they exercise their right to die euthanasia. I don't care if you get an abortion or give it up for adoption.

I suppose I lean more to the right though, as I believe in law enforcement and tougher laws (even on immigration issues).

Therefore, I am often called sexist, racists, homophobic, Islamophobic, etc... on the internet by random strangers on the left, just because my view may differ from theirs.

I mentioned it another thread. It's interesting how the right labels the left with "soft" nicknames like "snowflake and bleeding heart"... while the left pulls no punches and throws out really damning and potentially life damaging insults like "racist Nazi."

Return to “Social Concerns”