Everyone says to "honor" my drunk uncle's wishes

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Everyone says to "honor" my drunk uncle's wishes

Post by Bsuds »

Thinktank wrote:It was amazing how happy the guy got whenever he saw a bottle of his favorite stuff.
But what a waste of a life.

That's only your opinion. If that made him happy then it wasn't a waste. (For him)
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Hassel99 wrote:... entitlement and greed.

You did not earn it, you did not get it. Get over it.

How do you know I didn't earn it? What the uncle did, was take advantage of some of his sisters/nephews
during the last fifty years (and I was one of them) but he went goofy/insane/not of a sound mind when
he got older and decided he liked one nephew the most. Crazy how he liked that one nephew when he got old and insane.

I earned it.
And my cousin didn't.
The moral of the story is this:

NEVER.
BE.
TOO.
GOOD.

I'll never forget that lesson.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Thinktank wrote:
How do you know I didn't earn it? What the uncle did, was take advantage of some of his sisters/nephews
during the last fifty years (and I was one of them) but he went goofy/insane/not of a sound mind when
he got older and decided he liked one nephew the most. Crazy how he liked that one nephew when he got old and insane.

I earned it.
And my cousin didn't.

NEVER.
BE.
TOO.
GOOD.

Being nice to your uncle is not "earning" his belongings.

en·ti·tle·ment
the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

Thinktank wrote:How do you know I didn't earn it? What the uncle did, was take advantage of some of his sisters/nephews

I earned it.
And my cousin didn't.

NEVER.
BE.
TOO.
GOOD.

Definitely agree with Hassel on this one.

You didn't earn anything, your uncle earned it. And it is his right to give it to whomever he wishes.

It is really sad that you (and probably many others) are only nice to their aging, and even "insane" family members in hopes to "earn" a spot in their will. Again, I have to agree with Hassel. Entitlement is a very fitting word.
hail Satan y'all
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

My uncle was a kind, considerate, intelligent wonderful person who always helped others.

Sounds like he was of sound mind when he made his will as well. Hmmmm.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

My uncle was a kind, considerate, intelligent wonderful person who always helped others.

That's how all weirdo idiots who are not of a sound mind are. They're nice people.

“[He’s] an extremely pleasant type of guy.”

—Friend of Alton Coleman, who along with a female accomplice killed seven people.
“He wouldn’t hurt a canary bird.”

—Friend of Angelo “The Hillside Strangler” Buono, who killed and raped 10 women.
“Dean was a good boy….He was almost too good, tried to do favors for people, always tried to make the best of every situation.”

—Relative of Dean “The Candy Man” Corll, who killed 28+ boys.
“He was a perfect gentleman—quiet, reserved, polite.”

—Girlfriend of Ronnie “The Amityville Killer” DeFeo, who killed six family members.
“Good old Ed. Kind of a loner and maybe a little bit odd with that sense of humor of his, but just the guy to call in to sit with the kiddies when me and the old lady want to go to the show.”

—Neighbor of Ed “Psycho” Gein, who killed two women and made keepsakes of their body parts.

http://thoughtcatalog.com/jim-goad/2015 ... they-knew/

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

Thinktank wrote:That's how all weirdo idiots who are not of a sound mind are. They're nice people.

Well first of all, your uncle wasn't a serial rapist/murderer. Yes, yes. I know he was an alcoholic who drove drunk, but he still didn't kill anyone.

Second of all, someone who is a rapist/murderer/weirdo idiot can still be sound of mind. Many, many murders and rapes are planned out and done on purpose.

And thirdly, just because someone, like your uncle, is an alcoholic doesn't automatically mean they were "out of mind" or unable to make their own decisions. You may think they were because you don't agree with their decision but it is still true.
hail Satan y'all
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

From your statements in this thread and past ones about your uncle, it appears he read your motivations very precisely and made the right decision.
Pretty good proof that he was of sound mind. :130:
You and 71 others Like this post
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

So how many other relatives are upset by the will..?
In our family we help each other out, or at least some of us do... because we want to, or feel we should...
n Not for inheritance brownie points..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:So how many other relatives are upset by the will..?
In our family we help each other out...

Good question:

My uncle had eight brothers and sisters and a total of sixteen nephews and nieces. Eleven of them
never had anything to do with their uncle and probably wouldn't have cared about him if he was lying in
a cold ditch on an early November morning ..... which is where my brother found him one day after he was drinking.
None of them are upset by the will. I doubt they even know he croaked.

One niece sucked out (borrowed) $11,000 out of him before he died. She drove him around a few places. Pretty
good deal - $11,000 before the old bugger croaked. She's not upset by the will.

Another niece got him to work for her quite a bit ten years ago. I don't know what she thinks about the will.

And then there's the cousin who gets it all - about $300,000 worth FREE FREE FREE. Such an innocent looking humble guy.
A big tall giant of a guy, but lies like crazy. He's not upset by the will. I know because he told me. He LOVES the will.
He did very little for his uncle even though he lived near. Such a good for nothing goof, all he did was buy two cases of Boost (nutritional supplement) which was never meant to be a complete meal replacement for anyone, and he left my uncle with those aluminum cans of water/sugar mixture (a killer for an alcoholic) and my cousin never cared. He was busy earning big money for himself. No time for an old dude.

So yeah, I'm pretty much the only one complaining about the will. I spent the most time with the uncle.
And never got one penny from him.

:smt045

60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

OK so I got to ask you... Why did you spend so much time with Uncle ?
Because you make it sound. Like he was not a nice person to be around. Yet you kept spending time with him..

Another thing..not sure how old you are but I figured out Decades ago ..that Life isn't always Fair... Never has been , never will be...
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Think it's strange for someone who won't miss their uncle one bit wants a piece of the action.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Thinktank wrote:
So yeah, I'm pretty much the only one complaining about the will. I spent the most time with the uncle.
And never got one penny from him.

:smt045

Yeah, he read you right. It's hard to believe what you are writing and, frankly, it is sad that you would actually think this way.

You didn't *deserve*'one penny from him.
You and 71 others Like this post
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

I think the brother that found him laying in a cold ditch should get the lion's share of the estate, since he saved the uncle's life. (What is your life worth?). All others deserve little or nothing, so whatever they get is gravy. If old timers want to give their money to a specific person, they should do it when they are alive, otherwise that's the point of a will, to take care of what they didn't get around to doing beforehand. Relatives who think they are entitled to some compensation should take it up with the old guy while he's still around, and they will get a clearer idea of where they stand. If an old timer wants to give all their money to some cat charity, it's their money, they can do with it what ever they will. That's why it's called a will.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Silverstarqueen wrote:...it's their money, they can do with it what ever they will.

Yeah. My grandparents had two 1/4 section farms. One of those 1/4 sections went to one brother, out of
a family of nine. It's how the family decided to do it. It's not fair that my mother got nothing, but it's how they did it. That farm, my grandfathers farm, now belongs to - you guessed it -
my cousin, the same lucky jerk that hit the jackpot when my uncle died. By the way, I also got nothing from
the other 1/4 section my grandfather had.

People would wonder why I would do things for my uncle, like take him on a trip to an auto auction in Vancouver when the poor loser never saw Vancouver in his life. Why would I do it? No one else in their right mind would take time off work to
go on a trip with an old alcoholic, but I did.

I had lots of time off so I did the uncle a favor. Because I thought he would give me some land? No, because he should have lived twenty years longer, no one is dumb enough to do good things hoping someone else will kick the bucket really soon. That would be pure evil if anyone did it. I did good things for my uncle probably because of the three years I spent getting the bible driven into my head - I thought we were supposed to be good to poor less fortunate people.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. - the bible

Do good for less fortunate? Never again.

Return to “Social Concerns”