HAPPY Father's Day!

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Steppenwolf4
Fledgling

HAPPY Father's Day!

Post by Steppenwolf4 »

I am surprised that this has not been started before.

For all those fathers out there that did NOT get a phone call from, at least one of your children wishing you a good day and in recognition of your contribution to their life. I wish you a Happy Father's Day.
Even though my Dad died many years ago, I still think about him and quietly say, "Happy Dad's Day".

On the other hand, my own two ungrateful children did not even make the effort to send me an email.

To my children:
Guess what? All of your potential inheritance will either be spent by me on frivas things or donated to the SPCA.
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Re: HAPPY Father's Day!

Post by BelieveNothing »

Happy Fathers Day to my beautiful Father & to All Fathers in this Life - I suspect its one of the hardest and often unappreciated roles of a life time.

Happy Fathers Day to you Steppenwolf14, Inheritance has no value in comparison to the life and soul of their Father. Your family will be in my prayers.

God Bless all Fathers this day and always.
Steppenwolf4
Fledgling

Post by Steppenwolf4 »

Thank you for your thoughts. Unfortunately my two children (near 40 years old) could not take 1 minute to send me an email with just 3 words, "Happy father's day.)
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

Steppenwolf4 wrote:Thank you for your thoughts. Unfortunately my two children (near 40 years old) could not take 1 minute to send me an email with just 3 words, "Happy father's day.)

I truly am sorry to hear that.

Sometimes, in life - we do not appreciate what we have until it is close to or too late - I hope that in the years ahead your children find their own heart and within find their love & appreciation for you.

It is a sad condition in our society that we do not value those things that are the only truly valuable things in this lifetime.

family is irreplaceable - friends, jobs, entertainment.... all fleeting and unfulfilling in the end.

Families are the heart - your children have wandered - from their own heart - when they return to their heart, they will return to you.

There are not enough days in a lifetime to waste a single one.

I pray that before the day is out that one of them will reach out to you - and if not today - somewhere down the road.

I hope that you will remember your love for them, memories from before - say a pray for them - in hopes that they will not wander too far for too long.

Might be odd but maybe you could share how it made you feel today without a word, if you and their mom raised them well they will care how you felt today.

Sometimes life gets in the way and what matters gets lost, regret is a terrible thing.

Bringing up a family these days is not like it once was... keep the Faith Steppenwolf14 - things CAN and DO change.

Keeping you and yours in my prayers

God Bless
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Bringing up a family has been a great achievement as was done by my folks and grandparents. Kids came through with a Happy Father's Day to their dad and the rest of the menfolk keeping track of who was first, second, third, fourth etc. All the kids try to be first but have to think when the folks actually get up in the morning. No point in ruining their morning by being too early.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

Fancy wrote:Bringing up a family has been a great achievement as was done by my folks and grandparents. Kids came through with a Happy Father's Day to their dad and the rest of the menfolk keeping track of who was first, second, third, fourth etc. All the kids try to be first but have to think when the folks actually get up in the morning. No point in ruining their morning by being too early.

Nice to hear Fancy

As it should be, Beautiful :)
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

To be honest, not all father's deserve a "happy father's day", mine included.

Im sorry you're children weren't able to tell you what you wanted (or needed) to hear today. As someone with a torn relationship with my father, I did spend a lot of time today thinking of him. But as an adult, I have learned I need to put myself first, regardless of things as petty as money.

I hope you use your emotions to actually reach out to your children, and create dialogue about this situation instead of threatening them with the removal of money to get the relationship you desire.
hail Satan y'all
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

whatwhat wrote:To be honest, not all father's deserve a "happy father's day", mine included.

Im sorry you're children weren't able to tell you what you wanted (or needed) to hear today. As someone with a torn relationship with my father, I did spend a lot of time today thinking of him. But as an adult, I have learned I need to put myself first, regardless of things as petty as money.

I hope you use your emotions to actually reach out to your children, and create dialogue about this situation instead of threatening them with the removal of money to get the relationship you desire.

Not one single human being is free of imperfection - not one

We each walk a solo path, even if we walk side by side

To put ourselves in another's shoes - to have walked through the life lived by another - through Compassion, leads to Forgiveness

Not one single human being is free from imperfection - not one

Forgive & Forgive again

The heart dies when forgiveness is not made real, not actualized

The only worth while goal in this life is Forgiveness

Your Father may not be easy to communicate with, may not respond as you would like - but see him and forgive him for his imperfection

Not all Fathers deserve "A Happy Fathers Day" - say it anyway - somewhere no matter what - we all deserve to be loved and appreciated.

It might be hard to find appreciation, but if you look hard enough and long enough - you will find it.

God Bless
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

BelieveNothing wrote:Your Father may not be easy to communicate with, may not respond as you would like - but see him and forgive him for his imperfection

Not all Fathers deserve "A Happy Fathers Day" - say it anyway - somewhere no matter what - we all deserve to be loved and appreciated.

It might be hard to find appreciation, but if you look hard enough and long enough - you will find it.

God Bless

I don't really feel like sharing all my "daddy issues" with people on here, but all I'll say if life is complicated. It can be easier to forgive then to forget.

Was just trying to offer up a different perspective, especially from the child's view. Thanks for your kind words though.
hail Satan y'all
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Pretty confusing day in Rutland.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Steppenwolf4
Fledgling

Post by Steppenwolf4 »

whatwhat wrote:To be honest, not all father's deserve a "happy father's day", mine included.

I won't threaten them, because then I could never be sure of their true feelings. I will not buy there love. My love for them has always been unconditional, until today. They will never know how much they have given up/lost until it is too late. I will make arrangements with my lawyer and make changes to my will in the coming weeks. They won't be told and they can wait until my death to find out how much pain they have caused me today.
I have bailed both of them out when they needed it for 30 years, even as recently as 6 months ago, I have never been repaid or even received so much as a token towards a payment.
Today marks the end. All it would have taken was a phone call or an email letting me know that they thought about me for 1 minute.

To all the other fathers, I hope you had a better day than I have.
Steppenwolf4
Fledgling

Post by Steppenwolf4 »

Bman wrote:Pretty confusing day in Rutland.

Thanks for that! I needed a laugh about now!
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

whatwhat wrote:
BelieveNothing wrote:Your Father may not be easy to communicate with, may not respond as you would like - but see him and forgive him for his imperfection

God Bless

I don't really feel like sharing all my "daddy issues" with people on here, but all I'll say if life is complicated. It can be easier to forgive then to forget.

Was just trying to offer up a different perspective, especially from the child's view. Thanks for your kind words though.

Life is complicated, how true - I try to be simple :)

Life isn't easy - but its easier with a whole heart :)

Forgiveness is hard to do - but it turns a dark, low and broken life into a miraculous one.

As for "forgetting" - leave that to Alzheimer's ;)

I appreciate and concur with your perspective - thanks for sharing :)
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Families are not a cookie cutter item. They are a living breathing entity, each one has totally different dynamics.
And yes, some parents maybe should have never had children. True because all they did is abuse those children.
So yes, before getting all high on your horse maybe think about walking mile in someone else's shoes. You never know there experiences.

Both my parents are long gone, we had incredible relationship. That's not always the case
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

Steppenwolf4 wrote:

I won't threaten them, because then I could never be sure of their true feelings. I will not buy there love. My love for them has always been unconditional, until today. They will never know how much they have given up/lost until it is too late. I will make arrangements with my lawyer and make changes to my will in the coming weeks. They won't be told and they can wait until my death to find out how much pain they have caused me today.
I have bailed both of them out when they needed it for 30 years, even as recently as 6 months ago, I have never been repaid or even received so much as a token towards a payment.
Today marks the end. All it would have taken was a phone call or an email letting me know that they thought about me for 1 minute.

To all the other fathers, I hope you had a better day than I have.

I hear your pain - I empathize with you

Please, re-consider

Please DO summon the courage to tell them that you feel hurt and unloved that they did not reach out to you today

Please DO communicate FIRST before you alter your LAST WILL & TESTAMENT

Please re-consider

You may have been conditioned to keep your hurt feelings to yourself - this is not healthy or loving

You realize it will require courage to tell your children how you felt today

You should do it

You should not change your will in an act of hurt and defiance

It will not get you what you seek

You seek Love - be brave & ask for it

Your mind tells you all that you have done for your children, what you have sacrificed

Your mind wants pay back

Your heart wants to be heard and loved

Do the right thing - find your courage

Follow your Heart & communicate your feelings to your children

Return to “Social Concerns”