HAPPY Father's Day!

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Steppenwolf4
Fledgling

Re: HAPPY Father's Day!

Post by Steppenwolf4 »

The pain and anger that I feel today could have been prevented if I had left the both of them in a dirty sock in the laundry basket before conception.
I will put as much care and thought to their future before I buy a new quad, snowmobile, or fully loaded truck. I will however think of them when I am driving my brand new John Deere tractor and clearing the snow from my very long driveway on my lakefront acreage that will mortgaged to within $1.00 below market value.
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

Steppenwolf4 wrote:The pain and anger that I feel today could have been prevented if I had left the both of them in a dirty sock in the laundry basket before conception.
I will put as much care and thought to their future before I buy a new quad, snowmobile, or fully loaded truck. I will however think of them when I am driving my brand new John Deere tractor and clearing the snow from my very long driveway on my lakefront acreage that will mortgaged to within $1.00 below market value.

Thy Will Be Done

God Bless
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

wow, Steppenwolf...that's a whole lotta of anger you got going on..

sounds like guilt and money have played a major role in the raising of your "ungrateful kids"

now your saying you wish they were never born ??? wow....
Steppenwolf4
Fledgling

Post by Steppenwolf4 »

W105 wrote:wow, Steppenwolf...that's a whole lotta of anger you got going on..

sounds like guilt and money have played a major role in the raising of your "ungrateful kids"

now your saying you wish they were never born ??? wow....

WOW is right! Where did you get YOUR psychology degree from? Way to twist things around.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

just reading what you wrote...you start a thread about Father's Day and then say your "ungrateful kids" didn't even phone you..

then you say that you are going to write them out of your will and spend all your money on you

then you say these feelings of "anger and pain" could have been prevented if you didn't have them

did I forget something ???

just call your kids and tell them that not phoning you on Father's Day hurt your feelings..
Steppenwolf4
Fledgling

Post by Steppenwolf4 »

W105 wrote:just reading what you wrote...you start a thread about Father's Day and then say your "ungrateful kids" didn't even phone you..

then you say that you are going to write them out of your will and spend all your money on you

then you say these feelings of "anger and pain" could have been prevented if you didn't have them

did I forget something ???

just call your kids and tell them that not phoning you on Father's Day hurt your feelings..

So, you summarize my comments and then give me advice to inform 2 adult children what they did, or didn't do, was wrong and hurtful?

Do you think that they don't know that? These "children" are nearly 40 years old.

How about relaying my father's day experience in public, might make all of the fathers that read about my experiences feel much better about themselves and thankful that they have children that took the time, and made the effort to show their acknowledgement of their love and care for them?

Happy Father's Day. Dad, I miss you so very much.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

My heart goes out to all the men out there who wish that they could have been fathers.

Yes, I mean it. That they never and I mean never met the right woman with whom to have children with. And then one day they find out that they themselves are judged to be too old to have children with, that the women they want to date are saying, "ya but if we had kids now and by the time the children are 10, "dad" is in his late 50s or even early 60s." And decide he's just good to date but not settle down with.

There are all kinds of good men out there who just never met the right one.
Or the right woman maybe had children from a previous relationship and he just didn't see himself being a step-dad all his life.

Happy Father's Day is always a painful day for some.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Loki2u
Board Meister

Post by Loki2u »

:130:
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
Loki2u
Board Meister

Post by Loki2u »

Queen K wrote:My heart goes out to all the men out there who wish that they could have been fathers.

Yes, I mean it. That they never and I mean never met the right woman with whom to have children with. And then one day they find out that they themselves are judged to be too old to have children with, that the women they want to date are saying, "ya but if we had kids now and by the time the children are 10, "dad" is in his late 50s or even early 60s." And decide he's just good to date but not settle down with.

There are all kinds of good men out there who just never met the right one.
Or the right woman maybe had children from a previous relationship and he just didn't see himself being a step-dad all his life.

Happy Father's Day is always a painful day for some.

Or what about the ones who don't want kids? I'm perfectly content without kids in my life. Never had the desire. Don't like kids.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

"....or have had close calls." :135:

What does that even mean? That he's glad she had an abortion?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Loki2u
Board Meister

Post by Loki2u »

Queen K wrote:"....or have had close calls." :135:

Lol! Had to take it there didn't you? [icon_lol2.gif]
Steppenwolf4
Fledgling

Post by Steppenwolf4 »

OR you could be one of those guys that are afraid to throw rocks into school yards, for fear of hitting one of his own kids.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Well that's where the path went.

Happy Father's Day means quite a few things to men. Like our OP is saying, sometimes it's just painful. I suspect our OP is going to find out that all that "stuff" isn't going to fill the hole in the soul. Not like having a call to the boys to say "what up" you guys get so freaking lazy that you expect your wife to do everything, even Father's Day stuff FOR you?

Who else here expects "the wife" to fill in the social stuff all the time?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Loki2u wrote:
Queen K wrote:"....or have had close calls." :135:

Lol! Had to take it there didn't you? [icon_lol2.gif]

Sure of course. Some men don't want her to do it but are powerless. The pain!
I'm sure our modern society of liberalness extending to free and easy sexual conquests has led to more than a few regrets.
Steppenwolf4
Fledgling

Post by Steppenwolf4 »

Queen K wrote:Well that's where the path went.

Happy Father's Day means quite a few things to men. Like our OP is saying, sometimes it's just painful. I suspect our OP is going to find out that all that "stuff" isn't going to fill the hole in the soul. Not like having a call to the boys to say "what up" you guys get so freaking lazy that you expect your wife to do everything, even Father's Day stuff FOR you?

Who else here expects "the wife" to fill in the social stuff all the time?

I disowned that encumbrance years ago. I am responsible for my own happiness. I still have to ask, "What do YOU want to do tonight", but I never have to watch anything on TV that I don't want. I always get what I want for supper, but a roast beef dinner will last 6 days in leftovers.

Return to “Social Concerns”