Caught in closed park

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Caught in closed park

Post by Fancy »

These are closed and no smoking allowed in parks anyway. Why people feel the need to thumb their noses is beyond me.
• Trepanier Creek Greenway Regional Park.
• Coldham Regional Park
• Glen Canyon Regional Park
• Kalamoir Regional Park
• Rose Valley Regional Park
• Rose Valley Trail access – McDougall Road
• Stephens Coyote Regional Park
• Scenic Canyon Regional Park
• Mission Creek Greenway (Phase 2)
• Mt. Boucherie Trails – including Boucherie Rush and Boucherie Grind
• Eain Lamont Park – Lakeview Cove Road
• Casa Palmero Park and Walkway – Casa Palmero Drive
• Davidson Creek Park - Shannon Woods Drive
• Shannon Way Park – Shannon Way
• Rock Ridge Park – Griffiths Place
• Wild Horse Park – Wild Horse Drive

There are many more parks to choose from
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

Fancy wrote:These are closed and no smoking allowed in parks anyway. Why people feel the need to thumb their noses is beyond me.
• Trepanier Creek Greenway Regional Park.
• Coldham Regional Park
• Glen Canyon Regional Park
• Kalamoir Regional Park
• Rose Valley Regional Park
• Rose Valley Trail access – McDougall Road
• Stephens Coyote Regional Park
• Scenic Canyon Regional Park
• Mission Creek Greenway (Phase 2)
• Mt. Boucherie Trails – including Boucherie Rush and Boucherie Grind
• Eain Lamont Park – Lakeview Cove Road
• Casa Palmero Park and Walkway – Casa Palmero Drive
• Davidson Creek Park - Shannon Woods Drive
• Shannon Way Park – Shannon Way
• Rock Ridge Park – Griffiths Place
• Wild Horse Park – Wild Horse Drive

There are many more parks to choose from

This is the point when I stop commenting. There are a number of people here explaining how your stance doesn't change anything in the way of fires.They will just happen elsewhere.
Thanks for your posts, I get it, don't walk my dog in the parks you just posted. I will keep out for sure as I cannot afford the fine. I will just have to drive to a different park instead of walk to the one near my home as the one convenient to me is apart of the list. No I do not feel safer now that it is closed, I feel less safe that I and others around cannot walk the trail to do kind of a civilian policing of the park, you know where people report people they see doing stupid things. Now the offenders are free to walk in the park with no non offenders trying to keep them honest.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Sparki55 wrote: I get it, don't walk my dog in the parks you just posted. I will keep out for sure as I cannot afford the fine. I will just have to drive to a different park instead of walk to the one near my home as the one convenient to me is apart of the list. No I do not feel safer now that it is closed, I feel less safe that I and others around cannot walk the trail to do kind of a civilian policing of the park, you know where people report people they see doing stupid things. Now the offenders are free to walk in the park with no non offenders trying to keep them honest.
The parks were already posted and officials should be monitoring those parks.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

So you want an exception as a non offender ! If you are in the park.. you are offending.
Seems folks on here forget that a roadside fire can be driven up to by fire crews.
Umm, I think in the parks and trails, many areas not so accessible. ......

Nobody gets that?
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:So you want an exception as a non offender ! If you are in the park.. you are offending.
Seems folks on here forget that a roadside fire can be driven up to by fire crews.
Umm, I think in the parks and trails, many areas not so accessible. ......

Nobody gets that?

Common sense out the window. If you believe walking through a local trail is an offense, we have nothing to talk about.

We let the government decide more than they should to have a false sense of safety. Look at the news today, stranded hikers were rescued from a CLOSED park after starting a fire. The park ban helped a bunch, didn't it?
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Maybe I can get a speeding exemption, because i am a pretty accomplished driver, no points, no accidents.
Oh and then I could help police the others ...Yeah right ! ! .
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:Maybe I can get a speeding exemption, because i am a pretty accomplished driver, no points, no accidents.
Oh and then I could help police the others ...Yeah right ! ! .

Comparing a skill set (driving) to an action (not lighting a fire) are two totally different things; apples and oranges.

From the posts you have made I believe you need some form of parent (the government) to set these rules out for you and feel the need to tell on your fellow siblings (patrons) when they don't stay in line. I have grown up from this thinking and make my own judgement on issues I find absurd.
I find myself questioning my stance on this now. Maybe some folk do need mom and dad to to tell them when the park isn't safe to enter because they may do something stupid. Me, I'm perfectly fine deciding when to light, or not light a fire and probably take my common sense and judgment for granted and assume everyone has the same capabilities.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Well it's the old , I see other people in the park so it must be OK . They are not going to analyze wether you are lower risk...neither is law enforcement.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

When I watched Global news last night and saw the interview with the firefighter at the Monte Lake fire saying they watched people waiting in the line up to get past the fire throwing cigarette butts out their window I can understand closing parks. There were butts all over the ground. All it takes is one person to be stupid and it seems like that is almost a sure thing. When I see people speeding, tailgating, using electronic devices and any number of stupid things daily, I can also understand the need to babysit people. I believe most people are fine but there is an undeniable huge amount of stupidity in our society.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

There are practically no diseases connected with drinking coke or eating potato chips (as opposed to any other sugar food such as apples or baked and fried foods). So these are widely accepted in our diet

.................... You ARE kidding , RIGHT ? .......................

If you haven't figured that out yet , I wouldn't want you in any park under ANY circumstance ..
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Silverstarqueen wrote:There are practically no diseases connected with drinking coke or eating potato chips (as opposed to any other sugar food such as apples or baked and fried foods). So these are widely accepted in our diet. Smoking has been strongly linked to high rates of respiratory disease, heart disease, lung cancer, and more important to this discussion, unplanned fires.
Yes, many foods or activities carry some risk, but smoking carries far far higher risks to health and property damage than coca cola or potatoe chips. Coca cola causes no more diabetes than any other carbohydrates or sugars in your diet (your body converts all them to sugar, ask a diabetic about that), and ask a dentist, they all contribute to dental decay.
None of these foods set a house full of children on fire, or thousands of hectares and properties ablaze, and people running for their lives.

Consuming too much sugar, however, raises the risk of several problems, including poor dental health, obesity, and type 2 diabetes.
1 Large Coke 890ml has 82g of sugar vs 1 orange has 9g of sugar which is not processed sugars

processed sugars & sodium are 2 very silence killers

once one gets type 2 diabetes, hypertension is not far behind.... they go hand in hand
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Social Concerns”