We Pay because Christy quits!

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

We Pay because Christy quits!

Post by Bsuds »

The good news is that Christy Clark has decided to leave politics.

The bad news is just a short time after the election we the public are going to have to pay to replace her and I don't think that's particularly fair! There should be some form of penalty for her not fulfilling her obligation to the job she asked for.

Maybe the position should default to the person who came in second in the voting? That would sure screw up the politics of someone leaving office wouldn't it. Either that or there should be a minimum time someone has to stay in office after an election before they can quit or pay a fine.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: We Pay because Christy quits!

Post by Queen K »

There may be a secondary reason why she's out.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

I tend to agree with you Bsuds.

Giving such short notice tends to leave things in the lurch, so to speak, in a lot of ways.

But, as Queen as pointed out, we don't know exactly why the exit was unexpected and immediate.

It took a lot of folks, who should have seen it coming, by surprise...or so they say.

Until we hear from Christy herself, who has asked for privacy, then we're left to speculate or assume...

and we all know what assuming things can lead to.

I am frustrated that her exodus will allow the NDP free rein...and where are those Greens in this coalition government?
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

If she quit , got bounced out or died ...We pay .

But it's not just for Christy so lay off her . It's for EVERY fat @$$ed politician that did their 4 years plus a day politicking .

When Horgan and Weaver finish destroying this province , they'll get their fat payouts too..

Don't forget to biatch about that .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

MAPearce wrote:If she quit , got bounced out or died ...We pay .

But it's not just for Christy so lay off her . It's for EVERY fat @$$ed politician that did their 4 years plus a day politician.

When Horgan and Weaver finish destroying this province , they'll get their fat payouts too..

Don't forget to biatch about that .

That's a whole different subject that I believe is already being discussed in a thread.

My complaint is that any Politician (not just Christy) should not be able to quit before fulfilling a minimum term without a valid reason!

Taking your ball and going home because you're upset over something is not a valid reason.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Taking your ball and going home because you're upset over something is not a valid reason.

I hear ya Suds.. But she's going to get enough from Superannuation for being an MLA and Premier to make us all puke just like the rest of them. I doubt she'll get paid for another 4 years of not being there but the only difference it'd make if she did get paid would be more gold in her pension...

Like it ain't enough already , right ?
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

It's her job, she can quit it with the same rights that allow you to quit YOUR job when you want.

Every employer suffers cost when an employee moves on, it's really not much different when then when I hire an employee, pay for all thier training deal with reduced productivity for the year or two it takes them to get running on all cylinders then they leave/wash out.

It is the cost of doing business...
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Hassel99 wrote:It's her job, she can quit it with the same rights that allow you to quit YOUR job when you want.

Yup and screw everyone who voted for her and thought she would hang in there.

It's no wonder so many can't be bothered to vote when this type of BS can happen with no consequences.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Hassel99 wrote:It's her job, she can quit it with the same rights that allow you to quit YOUR job when you want.

Every employer suffers cost when an employee moves on, it's really not much different when then when I hire an employee, pay for all thier training deal with reduced productivity for the year or two it takes them to get running on all cylinders then they leave/wash out.

It is the cost of doing business...

INDEED ... Too bad that those who didn't vote for her have to pay the bill though ..

I'm going on record in saying that " If it wasn't for Christy , I'd have been broke and on welfare LONG ago" ..

I think she deserves her pension more than Glen Clarke does ... OR Moe Shithota.. COMBINED.

Thanks Christy .
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

"It's not easy being green"

~Kermit the Frog

And it's not easy being in the public eye and accountable at every turn.

Did I agree with everything Christy Clark did? No!

But she did accomplish, despite opposition, many things.

I admire her for the work she did for the BC Liberals even if I didn't agree with it.

I appreciate the time and effort and commitment she made to our Province.

I admire her for putting BC at the top of Canada's Provincial leader board on some issues.

I admire her for being a strong tenacious woman leading our Province in a predominantly man's World.

I'm not a Liberal but I can admire and be appreciative of a hard job that requires total and unfettered commitment on

pretty much any public serving level.

I'm not happy with a number of things Ms. Clark and her party did but I can admire and appreciate the effort SHE put in.

I'm far from happy with her exodus and the timing thereof but, far as I know, we haven't gotten the full skinny on that yet,

so until then I'll table my opinion on that issue.

History and the future will tell the whole story but I can admire her for trying and doing what I'm sure she feels/felt

was a good job and the right thing to do even if I didn't agree with or like it.
Last edited by Barney Google on Jul 30th, 2017, 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Headline:
Job position up for grabs, win & you get a trip to Victoria. Win 2 terms & your retirement is set.

If you can BS though your teeth you have very good chance of winning..... good luck.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Social Concerns”