Breastfeeding to fight stigma

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Breastfeeding to fight stigma

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Fancy wrote:
bb49 wrote:So is defecating or urinating a natural thing to do.

Why compare eliminating body wastes which isn't healthy to do so in any shopping mall to feeding an infant?

Well Gordon called it a perfectly natural thing, oh no a breast. Right?
Maybe I should have added, oh no, private parts!

It just seemed like the natural thing to follow it with.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

GordonH wrote:
Every once and a while north americas religious past shows though, many parts of world breasts isn’t a big deal.

Not sure how our religious past got into this conversation.

And this, many parts of world breasts isn’t a big deal.
Wow, where do we start with this one?
I'll keep it simple.
In every part of the world that I've been to, the local women's breast are considered a sexual object.
But really, we are only concerned about this issue in Canada. Who cares about the French Riviera or the jungles of Brazil.

Heck, all you have to do is ask the ladies on here, as well as the men if breasts are a sexual object.
And if they aren't a big deal, can I post pictures of women's breast on this site?
If not, then flopping out a boob in public to feed the little guy should be no different then posting a picture on here.

Hmm, I'll have to give that a little thought. Not sure if I want to be banned.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Every once and a while north americas religious past shows though, many parts of world breasts isn’t a big deal.

bb49 wrote:Not sure how our religious past got into this conversation.

I'll keep it simple.
In every part of the world that I've been to, the local women's breast are considered a sexual object.
But really, we are only concerned about this issue in Canada. Who cares about the French Riviera or the jungles of Brazil.

Heck, all you have to do is ask the ladies on here, as well as the men if breasts are a sexual object.
And if they aren't a big deal, can I post pictures of women's breast on this site?
If not, then flopping out a boob in public to feed the little guy should be no different then posting a picture on here.

In BC if a woman wants to be topless at the beach it’s not against the law, prudish individuals would be shocked to know this (many of those tend to be religious).
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

GordonH wrote:In BC if a woman wants to be topless at the beach it’s not against the law, prudish individuals would be shocked to know this (many of those tend to be religious).

Then let her go topless, but then she shouldn't be shocked if people are gawking and taking pictures.

And why do you keep bringing up this religious B.S?

#StandUpToJewishHate
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:In BC if a woman wants to be topless at the beach it’s not against the law, prudish individuals would be shocked to know this (many of those tend to be religious).

bb49 wrote:Then let her go topless, but then she shouldn't be shocked if people are gawking and taking pictures.

And why do you keep bringing up this religious B.S? because they tend to be largest group of prudish people

People need to mind their own business. I don’t give a damn if someone is breastfeeding their child, I also don’t gawk.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Thebrewhouse
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Thebrewhouse »

bb49 wrote:
GordonH wrote:
Every once and a while north americas religious past shows though, many parts of world breasts isn’t a big deal.

Not sure how our religious past got into this conversation.

I'll keep it simple.

If Time magazine can post it on their front cover.... then why not here?

E1C79F8C-6DFE-4131-B3D9-0C1FD789F0A9.jpeg
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The mother on the Time cover took a lot of heat.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Fancy wrote:The mother on the Time cover took a lot of heat.

Well....the kid is a little old to be "latching on".
Bring back the LIKE button.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I think I read the mother was breastfed until she was 6 but she's not alone regarding breastfeeding toddlers. A lot of mothers I knew during that time in my life were feeding until their child was drinking from a cup. Skipped the bottle stuff altogether.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

It’s perfectly legal for women to go around with their breasts out, breastfeeding or not.
Thebrewhouse
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Thebrewhouse »

alanjh595 wrote:

Well....the kid is a little old to be "latching on".

Who are you to say the kid is too old to be latching on.....
My body, my choice right? What age is appropriate to stop breastfeeding then in your mind?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

1nick wrote:It’s perfectly legal for women to go around with their breasts out, breastfeeding or not.

That's been said already (and that is regarding public property - not private i.e. malls) but this is about breastfeeding, not walking around barechested.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

alanjh595 wrote:Well....the kid is a little old to be "latching on".

Thebrewhouse wrote:Who are you to say the kid is too old to be latching on.....
My body, my choice right? What age is appropriate to stop breastfeeding then in your mind?

When they have a set of teeth and should be in little league. At what age do you think is appropriate to wean a human child off?
That kid is old enough to have 2-3 younger siblings.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Thebrewhouse
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Thebrewhouse »

alanjh595 wrote:

alanjh595 wrote:Well....the kid is a little old to be "latching on".

Thebrewhouse wrote:Who are you to say the kid is too old to be latching on.....

When they have a set of teeth and should be in little league. At what age do you think is appropriate to wean a human child off?
That kid is old enough to have 2-3 younger siblings.

You didn’t answer my question? What age is appropriate?
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

Fancy wrote:
1nick wrote:It’s perfectly legal for women to go around with their breasts out, breastfeeding or not.

That's been said already (and that is regarding public property - not private i.e. malls) but this is about breastfeeding, not walking around barechested.

[sigh]

Return to “Social Concerns”