#MeToo

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: #MeToo

Post by Grandan »

The thrill of the hunt never goes away. At some point" looking" is all a guy can do, that is why there are stripper bars.
Eventually girls will figure out that they have been lead into a situation that makes them uncomfortable and take steps to never let it happen again. Mid 20's is a bit late in my mind for the penny to drop.
Waste not
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Grandan wrote:The thrill of the hunt never goes away. At some point" looking" is all a guy can do, that is why there are stripper bars.
Eventually girls will figure out that they have been lead into a situation that makes them uncomfortable and take steps to never let it happen again. Mid 20's is a bit late in my mind for the penny to drop.

How would this actress "never let it happen" when their dressing rooms were assigned together and the lead actor cannot accept rejection? How do you suggest she prevent him from using a mirror to watch her shower? How do you suggest she stop him from climbing into her bed while she was napping? She had to work with him in very close quarters and not offend him. So she made the best of it and tried to tell him in a non-aggressive way. She was miserable, her coworkers suspected something was wrong, but apparently he didn't? There's a big difference between courting a lady's affections and preying on her when she has to choose between doing her job or being safe from a predator. Yes, "looking" is all he can do, unless he is an actor with some clout, and then he can do whatever he likes.
HIs response to the other woman who accused him of "innapropriate behavior" was a defamation lawsuit.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Finally some progress being made. Get them while they are young, prosecute them, get them counselling. Years ago, this would not have been reported or investigated and the abuse would have continued indefinitely. Victims would be expected to "prevent this from happening". Abusers would grow up to continue to abuse.
Break the cycle.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ ... -1.4952022
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

How many stories, in years gone by, were suppressed because women feared speaking up? Now more women want to tell their truth, and still there are ongoing efforts to deny their right to do so. The perps will just have to buckle up and prepare for the consequences.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/ma ... -1.4952406
zoo
Übergod

Post by zoo »

New reports and findings are pointing out now that boys and men are actually dealing with many forms of sexual harassment at a level comparable to women. Wow, Like a new report that states in universities men and women harassment s are at the same numbers? Lack of reports, funding, interest in it. Shocker. Why such a double standard? If women are harassing at such a comparable high level then what is being done to deal with it? Report it, eliminate it?
Why are some posters here doing all they can to create a hypocritical hysteria of gender discrimination on it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLw_f1J3uX0
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

zoo wrote:New reports and findings are pointing out now that boys and men are actually dealing with many forms of sexual harassment at a level comparable to women. Wow, Like a new report that states in universities men and women harassment s are at the same numbers? Lack of reports, funding, interest in it. Shocker. Why such a double standard? If women are harassing at such a comparable high level then what is being done to deal with it? Report it, eliminate it?
Why are some posters here doing all they can to create a hypocritical hysteria of gender discrimination on it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLw_f1J3uX0

Yes, I suppose snowmobilers also are suffering sexual harassement and abuse. Hopefully this can be stopped, somehow. Any suggestions as to how to do that?

Do you have some specific examples of your concerns, a link, so we can discuss?
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

Are we reading this? Harassment against men and boys and snowmobilers comes up.
Hypocritical double standards. Didn't see it as a joke this issue.
There are lots of reports, illustrating that men are just as much on the receiving end of sexual harassment as women, coming to light. Including the one included in above post that shows men and women students are equally sexually harassed in universities.
So why try so hard to keep it as ,"women victims and men the perpetrators"?
Society has always painted this pictures.
Wanna move forward on these issue's? Stop hiding.
"If I find out who's been running this country for the last 8.5 yrs into the ground, there will be hell to pay",,,,,,,,,Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

liisgo wrote:Are we reading this? Harassment against men and boys and snowmobilers comes up.
Hypocritical double standards. Didn't see it as a joke this issue.
There are lots of reports, illustrating that men are just as much on the receiving end of sexual harassment as women, coming to light. Including the one included in above post that shows men and women students are equally sexually harassed in universities.
So why try so hard to keep it as ,"women victims and men the perpetrators"?
Society has always painted this pictures.
Wanna move forward on these issue's? Stop hiding.

No one is keeping it as "women victims and men the perpetrators". I have posted many examples or news articles of women, men, boys, girls, transgender as victims. Their perpetrators are, whoever they are: men, boys, women, transgender.
I didn't choose the link to the snowmobilers, I was responding to it. It wasn't a joke, I could not see a connection, ask the poster why they chose it.
If there are reports of men on the receiving end (I am sure there are, i have posted some), I was asking that the commenter give us a link, so the article can be discussed, understood, or commented on.
My question is why do some people try to paint the MeToo movement as not being concerned with boys or men as victims, or women as the perpetrators? I have not seen one person, given an example or an article, who commented that the boys or men who were victims were lying, or responsible for the attacks they suffered (I don't believe they were), yet the comment is often made that the women were lying, exaggerating , or responsible for the attack or harrassment that they endured or should somehow prevent it from happening. Why the double standard?

I posted articles about male victims of sexual attacks or abuse on Dec. 9, and again a different article yesterday, male victim. I have posted on other occasions as well. I can't control the gendre of the perpetrator, but I know female perpetrators have been discussed when the examples came up.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Right sentiment,coming from the Pope, even if a day late and a dollar short, however there needs to be more direct action to back up the words. Catholics have got the picture now, but still many still attend mass. I don't know why they don't all just walk out until the mess is cleaned up, every perp, there are still hundreds out there, hiding in the church.
And I don't believe the Church has done much about the physical and mental abuse of indigenous children.
Nor has it fessed up to the hundreds of babies and children, white and indigenous, who were taken from their mothers against their will.
There's a lot to atone for.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/1 ... ests-turn/
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

never ever believe anything that comes out of the churches mouth, ever
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Mordu
Board Meister

Post by Mordu »

MAPearce wrote:This thread is an SSQ thread.....

We get it ..

She hates men and boys and all things that bring procreation .....

Heaven forbid My kids get the chance at meeting their first crush..

SSQ says " That's rape" ....

Harshly put, MAPearce, but it’s called, “possessed by ideology.” (28:40 viewtopic.php?f=31&t=78380&p=2431837#p2431837 ) And I see it in other people in other areas on this forum.
Last edited by Mordu on Dec 22nd, 2018, 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mordu
Board Meister

Post by Mordu »

Perhaps the ultimate goal of #MeToo: “If you raise the cost of something, you decrease its prevalence,” ( 1:01:50 http://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p2431837 ).
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Our society , and penal system, has a history of not taking sexual assault very seriously. Even when perpetrators are convicted, and sometimes sent to jail, they somehow manage to get released far sooner than victims or many citizens would think was reasonable. Examples, below.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/he ... ice-system

Oh, and if someone has a similar list of female serial sexual offenders, feel free to post it. Contrary to previous claims, I have just as much disdain for female sexual offenders, I just haven't found many articles about them.

Just this evening there has been a documentary about Gacy, who victimized at least 33 young men in the 70's. It has taken decades to identify some of his victims, some still are not identified. Absolutely horrifying for the victims and families. I have not heard of any female sexual predator of that magnitude, but i am sure there must be some. Why are they practically never in the news? Are reporters just ignoring these stories of female sexual predator-killers? Not that there never are female sexual murderers, but they certainly seem to be a lot more rare than male offenders.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_s ... of_victims
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Why are there so many sexual predators on the left?????

Media silent..... :smt045

#MeToo Comes For Bernie: Sanders Campaign Ignored Sexual Harassment Allegations

Rumors and suspicions about endemic and pervasive sexism during the Bernie Sanders' 2016 primary campaign have been circulating almost since he first emerged as a credible threat to Hillary Clinton (rumors that Clinton staffers have admitted they helped to fan to try and undermine Sanders' upstart challenge). But just as Sanders and a handful of other potential Democratic 2020 contenders are preparing to make their final decisions about whether to run for the nomination in 2020, it appears the #MeToo movement has finally come for Sanders and his legion of "BernieBros".

In an expansive expose that included on-the-record comments with a handful of former female Sanders' campaign staffers, the New York Times portrayed the Sanders campaign as a boys club where complaints about sexual harassment were largely ignored or not taken seriously, and where male employees were regularly paid more than their female counterparts.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-01- ... llegations
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Gillette gets backlash,... and praise , over new adverts about acceptance or not of some men's aggressive behavior.

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-46874617

Return to “Social Concerns”