Another clueless pet owner

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Another clueless pet owner

Post by Fancy »

Omnitheo wrote:Maybe you could learn a thing or two from these responsible and less high strung gardeners on how to protect your crop from neighbourhood animals.

I don't have a crop. I have a couple of planters. You assume too much.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

abraham wrote:Cause i let my cat outside make me irresponsible pet owner? I doubt that, and I sure am not the only person either.
Maybe if I live downtown Kelowna I may consider keeping it indoors but other then that it can go outside because I've done the
"Responsible" thing that was getting my beloved fur baby fixed as I should! The one great thing with that is doing my part in helping control the cat population, but also keeps my cat close to home! The only thing I gotta worry about is the coyotes and owls getting her! I sure wouldnt expect out of all the different issues with letting my cat outside would be some idiot setting up a trap that any animal could get trapped in and suffers a slow agonizing death!

If your cat *bleep* in my garden , don't come whining to me that it came home wearing a bucket of MY tap water ......
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Know what? I have no problem with spraying any animal with water from the hose to discourage further visits.

I've done it myself.

And before anyone spouts off about "liking cat poop in my gardens" let me say this, we actually use methods to cover the dirt.

When not being used Fall and Winter, we use leaves and weigh them down with cut to fit chicken wire.
Spring and Summer, we actually use wire over freshly planted areas and boards and other ways. And yes, when watering if I have to discourage interest in the raised beds, I spray a friendly shot of water the cats way.

She has an area where she is encouraged to poop and I use a scoop to clean out all the time. NOT in the garden beds.
Last edited by Queen K on Feb 11th, 2018, 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

er, are you saying you protect your garden from your cat ( s) so they go elsewhere to poop?
I pick up dog poop all the times, not my dog either. A few of us do so we have a nice tidy area and no one complains.
Didn't know nothing will grow where a cat has gone. I tried different "home" remedies, had about as much success as when I bought Ladybugs to eat the aphids on all our rose bushes. Emptied the containers on my bushes and away they flew LOL. A flock of ladybugs who clearly didn't care for MY aphids
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

No I'm saying there are places here on property where I encourage them to use when we're not scooping the litter box.

Right here in non-vegetable areas.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 11th, 2018, 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Omnitheo wrote:
I love how worked up everyone gets about cat poop. Despite the fact that cats hide their own poo. Also poo is natural and biodegradable. All animals poop. All wildlife. What about bird poop? Should you set bird traps in your yards? Deer poo? Raccoon poo? Worm poo (all over your garden).

All I see are a bunch of cat haters stretching to try and justify their hatred of cats.

Yeah .... I'm not a cat hater . I don't own one but I'm not one that won't bend down and give it a scratch behind the ear if when I see one BUT , I don't like cat poop

I don't want it in my garden , same as dog poop

OK ???
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 11th, 2018, 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 11th, 2018, 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 11th, 2018, 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 11th, 2018, 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 11th, 2018, 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

*removed*

I don't want cat crap in my sandbox .. Does that make ME '" entitled" ? I think that your belief that your cat having an inherent right to :cuss: where it wants simply because it''s an animal makes YOU the one with the sense of entitlement ..

And BTW , once a cat finds a comfortable place to take a dump , it comes back for another AND another and so on.. It's NOT a little poop AND it doesn't go away as fast as you may think.
Last edited by ferri on Feb 11th, 2018, 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Response to removed post/word censor work around
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

removed.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

MAPearce wrote:*removed*

I don't want cat crap in my sandbox .. Does that make ME '" entitled" ? I think that your belief that your cat having an inherent right to :cuss: where it wants simply because it''s an animal makes YOU the one with the sense of entitlement ..

And BTW , once a cat finds a comfortable place to take a dump , it comes back for another AND another and so on.. It's NOT a little poop AND it doesn't go away as fast as you may think.

:135: No it makes you sensible. And you're right about place, which is why I have let the cats have certain areas without reservations. Clay based soil actually makes it easy to clean up with an outdoor scoop, which is used for that purpose only.

It's working by the way. By the 'evidence' cleaned up year after year and I have no problems with it. But they've had indoor litterboxes from the get go. By "they" I mean Tay, Hannah, Chopin, Willow, Maestro.

Return to “Social Concerns”