What is wrong with women ?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Bigjohn69
Fledgling

Re: What is wrong with women ?

Post by Bigjohn69 »

So all i am seeing is let vote gop even if trump stood for rape which he pretty well admited to ..And to call the gop republican is a,farce also as it was hijacked by tea party . The michele bachmans who think god talks to them
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Most voters aren't all about a single issue, though. Why would anyone assume women in general would, or should, vote strictly on this issue alone? It's illogical.

We all vote on our priorities. If the most important thing to you is the economy, or moving away from what you see as an imbalance toward social justice at the expense of the economy, the behaviour of the person leading the party probably won't sway you much, whether you're male or female. You may have to hold your nose to vote, but that's unfortunately common in today's voting booth.

If you're all about the US's global image or hyper-aware of how a leader's performance on the world stage can affect the domestic economy, you may be far more focused on who the leadership is.

Otherwise, you're more likely to vote on party lines: which party is more likely to provide, on balance, the changes (or continuations) most important to you.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Bigjohn69
Fledgling

Post by Bigjohn69 »

Well you can call conservative women in the usa idiots all you want but i see it more as them being told who to vote for , certain amount of nationalism to the point of racism and not thinking it through to its logical ending .

Also i think it is fair to add rightwing christianity demands a,vote for the gop as we saw with roy moore
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Gixxer wrote:I bet Hillary thought she had the election in the bag when they released Trumps locker room talk recording.

tell's us how pure scum she is
Last edited by the truth on Mar 1st, 2018, 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

]
Lady tehMa wrote:
See, I don't get this. "They voted against their own."

Are women not allowed to make judgments based on platforms? Do we have to vote for someone with the same chromosomal makeup? Trump is not great - that's a given. But he doesn't try to hide what he is. You know what you're getting with him. I have a number of American family members who voted based on *gasp* policies!

If I were American, I probably would have voted Trump. Yeah, he's . . . well, Trump. But Clinton was a viper. Out of two absolutely horrific choices, I could simply not see voting for Clinton.

She's female, and so am I. Similarities end there.

[quote="StraitTalk"
Donald Trump is among many things, a glorified high-functioning idiot, racist and pig. It doesn't matter where you stand politically, you simply have to be sticking your head in the sand or completely disengaged from politics to not understand that during the last US election Donald Trump was the furthest thing from a feminist. There were 17 major republican nominees and out came Trump. I do believe the question is relevant but more specifically, what is wrong with liberal-leaning women?

My answer is the same whether you're asking specifically about women, liberals etc. People aren't paying enough attention and aren't thinking for themselves. Juries out on who's fault that is.[/quote]

Trump may be an idiot as president, but he is no idiot when it comes to making the most of his position. Kushner managed to land $500 million in loans after meeting with the right people. Trump's family and close friends are making money hand over fist in very high positions with virtually no qualifications (and flimsy security clearances.
If Clinton had tried to pull off half this stuff critics would have been all over her for being "crooked", but it's just accepted that Trump's team can do all this.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

It seems to me some of the people posting here who cannot wrap their heads around why anyone would vote Republican are so fully fixated on the leadership, they're unable to understand why everyone else doesn't share their fixation. Others are passionate about feminism and cannot understand why everyone else doesn't share their belief that women should always vote for the staunchest feminist.

I'd suggest many liberal-leaning women are rather clear-eyed about how women's choices affect women's outcomes, and find the notion we need special treatment to get ahead rather offensive (that is, today's version of feminism requires a victim mentality and smacks more of condescending dis-empowerment than respectful empowerment). So for many of us, there's absolutely no reason to vote for the "best feminist" solely because that person is the "best feminist", and absolutely no reason not to vote for the "worst feminist" solely because that person is the "worst feminist". I'd suggest for many of us, when we're determining where to place our vote, "best/worst feminist" ranks low on our list.

I'd also suggest many liberal-leaning women are rather clear-eyed about the actual powers of the figurehead at the top of the pole, and unimpressed by the Kardashian-style nonsense of fixating solely on the leader's personality at the expense of everything else. Just because the media can't figure out what may be more important than what idiocy Trump tweeted today, doesn't mean every liberal-leaning woman's world also revolves around this steady diet of infotainment.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

rustled wrote:It seems to me some of the people posting here who cannot wrap their heads around why anyone would vote Republican are so fully fixated on the leadership, they're unable to understand why everyone else doesn't share their fixation. Others are passionate about feminism and cannot understand why everyone else doesn't share their belief that women should always vote for the staunchest feminist.

I'd suggest many liberal-leaning women are rather clear-eyed about how women's choices affect women's outcomes, and find the notion we need special treatment to get ahead rather offensive (that is, today's version of feminism requires a victim mentality and smacks more of condescending dis-empowerment than respectful empowerment). So for many of us, there's absolutely no reason to vote for the "best feminist" solely because that person is the "best feminist", and absolutely no reason not to vote for the "worst feminist" solely because that person is the "worst feminist". I'd suggest for many of us, when we're determining where to place our vote, "best/worst feminist" ranks low on our list.

I'd also suggest many liberal-leaning women are rather clear-eyed about the actual powers of the figurehead at the top of the pole, and unimpressed by the Kardashian-style nonsense of fixating solely on the leader's personality at the expense of everything else. Just because the media can't figure out what may be more important than what idiocy Trump tweeted today, doesn't mean every liberal-leaning woman's world also revolves around this steady diet of infotainment.

Hear hear :up:

I can't wait for the rebuttal.
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
AndreaAria

Post by AndreaAria »

I’m trying to make sense of this article but I’m left confused rather than informed. This woman despises Trump because he is, as described in her own words, “one of the most unabashed sexual predators that we have ever seen.” She also claims Trump is a “ child abuser.”
She describes that truth and facts are the most powerful thing to her and then in the next sentence critisizes Trump followers because they all, “don’t care about the truth, they don’t like the truth, even. They don’t even know what the truth is anymore, they lie so much.”

After labelling Trump as a sexual predator she complains , “We haven’t seen men being held responsible and suffering consequences for being abusive or for being rapists,” but in the very next paragraph emphasizes her anger related to Democratic women supporting the removal of Al Franken from office after six different women accused him of sexual misconduct and harassment.Wait. What?

Since this woman criticized that Al did not get a fair trial, I searched for court documents to support her allegations against Trump and his fair trial but couldn’t find them. If anyone can direct me to where I would find this information please share.

I’m also confused that this women claims she is fighting for women’s rights and equality by attending rallies with “pink *bleep* hats” and “glitter.” yet bashes “white women” for who they voted for and suggesting they are responsible for current and future problems within society? Again, what? Is it just me or is she attacking people for things she is actually guilty of herself? I can’t accept that all white women who support Trump are white supremicists and don’t care about women’s rights. That statement itself sounds racist and is about as factual as everything else she discussed in this interview. Anyone else confused from this article?
Zoso
Übergod

Post by Zoso »

Zeitgeist , the movie .netflix . Watch it, and then come on here like you know whats happening . Everyone is fed confusion to keep us busy . Its all noise.
Strong and free
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

The problem with Trump has nothing to do with being Republican. It isn't even really that he is a lying cheating spouse and has no interest in women's rights.
The problem is he has no idea how to run the most powerful country in the world.
He has no Secretary of State as he is going into delicate discussions with North Korea and Iran.
He is obsessed with trashing his own Security and Intelligence organizations, and thinks the Russians are the Good Guys.
He makes one policy statement one day, and reverses himself the next, sometimes within the same day.
He thinks he is the smartest person in the room and has no idea what he is doing.
And possibly his worst blunder, thought he was doing so great with America's economy, and now the markets are tanking, while he picks fights with his largest trading partners.
America still doesn't have a workable policy for it's undocumented immigrants.

Women who voted for him should have seen what an idiot he was from the start. (Males who voted for him weren't all that bright either.) Now who's going to clean up the mess as Trump just continues to fire anyone who doesn't agree with his hair-brained plans? The last adult has left the building as he spirals out of control. Things will get worse before they get better.

http://triblive.com/business/headlines/ ... in-2-years
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

IMO being President was just on the bucket list of some rich *bleep*. There's no history of some sense of duty or service other than to serve himself.
Nobody likes carreer politicians, but being a long road to the top where the real money/power is at least most enter working for the people.

Pretty sad options for voters
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

A horrible option for voters. It's hard to believe that in a country of such relatively well educated voters, with over 170 million males to choose from, Trump was the best they could come up with (since it seems females are not an option at all in the U.s. and never have been). There has to be something seriously wrong with a system like that. Trump was not wrong when he said the system is rigged. It really seems that the main only requisite qualities he had were money and self confidence, and being male.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

any women ,would of beaten trump-except one hillary [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
one wheel
Übergod

Post by one wheel »

Do you think the choices we have had for leaders during the past few years in Canada are any better than our neighbours ?

Tommy Douglas & others that actually cared about Canada must be rolling in their graves when looking at the level of bungling incompetence displayed by our leaders & a complete unaccountability by department heads that are driving Canada over the cliff ?
MalaPropina
Board Meister

Post by MalaPropina »

I have quite a few female friends in the US who voted for Trump.

They are different combinations of, or all the below:
~white
~upper middle class and up
~Mostly PTA and soccer moms
~married
~some college education but no advanced degrees
~somewhat to fully racist
~And this one is important...highly devout Evangelical

They voted for Trump, not because of Trump, but because of his running mate, Pence. They have hopes that he will bring an end to immoral things such as homosexuality~ which also includes same sex marriage, gays in the military and forced 'conversion therapy", Planned Parenthood (which they see as only abortion, not any of the other life saving services they provide such as HIV testing and cancer screening) and that he'd end the refugee program and deport immigrants.

Many of them don't like Trump but they hope Pence will steer the WH to the far reaching right that will take them back to the 1950's...because apparently they like fetching pipes and slippers and like wearing poodle skirts?

Return to “Social Concerns”