Relationship Trainwrecks

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Relationship Trainwrecks

Post by Glacier »

I can't stop listening to this show. I can't believe how nuts it gets. This is a mild teaser for you guys. I'll post the real winner in a few days.

Here ya go....

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
alanjh595
Banned

Re: Relationship Trainwrecks

Post by alanjh595 »

Good reason to have a vasectomy and avoid serial/compound, child support collectors. A new profession of the millennial age.

When in doubt, stay out.
Bring back the LIKE button.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

I have also noticed that single moms who are competent and self-sufficient tend to either stay single longer or simply become all-out commitmophobes. Trust me, there are plenty of trainwreck men out there, too.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Really sad that the shallow end of the gene pool seems to reproduce so easily without thought for the effect on the children. This cycle will likely be repeated by the four children involved and passed on to their children. On top of it the guy (obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed), is taking (bad) advice from a radio talk show host? Even if the trainwreck guy could find a good woman (why would she marry someone like him?), that's not going to fix his child because he will still have trainwrecks for parents. Christian? lol you must be kidding, in what sense are these parents Christian?.

Also some of the comments from the radio show host were very sexist. He said the mother was negligent because she worked one and a half jobs, and wasn't "raising her kids" (she did have family members caring for them). If a father was working one and a half jobs and had little time to spend with his kids as a result, which is what many men do, they would have said he was a great dad for providing for his family. It's often accepted that the dad might not have much time outside of work to do the day to day child care. In fact the radio show host seems to be suggesting that the guy's son would be better off being raised by "someone else" (other than his parents), not even a relative to the boy, and that is somehow okay.
AndreaAria

Post by AndreaAria »

Question for the people who have commented on or listen to this podcast. Does the same go for women without children dating single Dads? Should women without children fun for the hills from men that have kids as well? Asking for a friend.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

AndreaAria wrote:Question for the people who have commented on or listen to this podcast. Does the same go for women without children dating single Dads? Should women without children fun for the hills from men that have kids as well? Asking for a friend.

Why? The laws are in favour of the female. Women have the final say with the court system, backed up by the laws are in their favour.
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

AndreaAria wrote:Question for the people who have commented on or listen to this podcast. Does the same go for women without children dating single Dads? Should women without children fun for the hills from men that have kids as well? Asking for a friend.

I think it is questionable to generalize in the case of single fathers but I would suggest that he would be the more responsible parent of the two parents although he may "think" he is but is not so beware.
I have experience with a few single dads and they do take their role seriously but the underlying force is to have a mom around for a balanced family experience. That is a huge undertaking. If you have children of your own and have similar objectives as your target then it may be preferable to a single man with no children (but that still isn't a deal breaker). The key factor is not with the father whom you click with but the kid(s) who cannot help but compare or contrast you with their "real" mom.
If you do not connect with the kids you have a tough row to hoe. Without knowing the circumstances of how dad got stuck with the kids and where mom is today, whether dad works or not, future prospects and so on it is mere speculation.
Your friend needs to put aside the fantasies and be objective about her future with this man. Is she going to be supporting him and his family for the next 20 years before she can get out or is she living her dream by having an instant family with a bright future?
Waste not
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

kgcayenne wrote:I have also noticed that single moms who are competent and self-sufficient tend to either stay single longer or simply become all-out commitmophobes. Trust me, there are plenty of trainwreck men out there, too.

If I'm ever single again, I'm staying single.

End of Story.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

Queen K wrote:
kgcayenne wrote:I have also noticed that single moms who are competent and self-sufficient tend to either stay single longer or simply become all-out commitmophobes. Trust me, there are plenty of trainwreck men out there, too.

If I'm ever single again, I'm staying single.

End of Story.

Is that because no other could possibly fill the role or that the last one finished you for good?
Er, Sorry, none of my business.
Last edited by Grandan on Mar 31st, 2018, 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Waste not
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Queen K wrote:If I'm ever single again, I'm staying single.

End of Story.

I also made the decision, I have been single for 15 years now and never been happier.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Single Dads in general? No, not necessarily. But this particular dad, if a single woman heard what this radio host heard, yes, she should run for the hills, because he has shown terrible judgement and will continue to have terrible judgment in choice of parent for his son, and in how to raise the boy (he himself has no solid family background to rely on for guidance). So any person going into the step-parent role, has to be very careful, find out what went on before in their potential mates life. Because it is more difficult step-parenting than parenting (which is difficult enough). This guy has said, he will have no family support, but he thinks he is somehow going to raise a child on his own. No, a woman would have to be crazy or have some kind of complex about saving really messed up people to take on this guy and his soon to be messed up son.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I think Stefan is a bit too harsh on women. That said, some of his videos should be required watching for young people thinking about looking for looking for a spouse. Choosing a spouse is perhaps the most important decision you will make in life, and if you screw that up, you end up poor and destitute, and often abused and emotionally broken. But without experience (because you're young and inexperienced), it's so easy for any one of us to screw that up royally.

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
MCB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by MCB »

Moral of the story? Don't date single moms who have kids with two former husbands!

Coincidentally, nuttyness is why I watch Mister Metokur vids lol.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

MCB wrote:Moral of the story? Don't date single moms who have kids with two former husbands!

Because she might ditch you for a fourth father of her kids shortly after you knock her up. This EXACT same thing happened to my brother-in-law, only he was the stupid idiot who took 4th spot. The woman left him as soon as their son was born for greener pastures.
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Good life lessons in these videos.

- Douglas Murray

Return to “Social Concerns”