420 evils

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Jflem1983
Guru

Re: 420 evils

Post by Jflem1983 »

We used to gather at Bertram. It was an ongoing yearly event. Cops shut it down after it got too big the third year. Then we took a five or ten year break and revived it. Same thing. As it got bigger the police shut it down. We never left much for a mess. Always had people clean up after. We had djs turn tables. Bbqs. Bocce . Soccer and football games. All to celebrate 420 . Was some good harmless fun . Too bad the next generation is not so concerned with cleaning up
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Don't kid yourself - there's always been a mess that had to be cleaned up.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

I cringe at the people they show at these events. Most of the ones they televise on the news don't help marijuana's image and do the cause more harm than good.

Hopefully if it ever becomes fully legal we can just do away with 420 celebrations. I'm for recreational use but to have an event where the goal is to abuse the privilege makes no sense. The equivalent with alcohol would be having a annual event where only the most hardcore drinkers show up to get plastered in public parks.
Last edited by Poindexter on Apr 21st, 2018, 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

"stoners" comes to mind. Yup, I cringe too. Can't try to convince anyone sitting on the fence about the virtues of pot when the ones on the media pretty much can't remember their own names.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Fancy wrote:Don't kid yourself - there's always been a mess that had to be cleaned up.

If it was a big mess. U would have been on here telling the world about fancy. But no i checked. There is no thread condemning us. Several times we even booked the park in advance. Guess we are just messy out laws. Good to know we have such a tolerant community. Out preventing things like soccer games and bbqs
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I rarely start threads. Why would there be a thread about it? Not everything makes it into the news or discussion forums.

Return to “Social Concerns”