Jordan Peterson’s BS

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
daria
Guru

Re: Jordan Peterson’s BS

Post by daria »

You're welcome.
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
"I figured out how to monetize SJWs." Jordan B. Peterson
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

The only Jordan Peterson's "guilt" is speaking out common sense, and successfully standing up for it. The left cannot stand that.
69cutlass
Übergod

Post by 69cutlass »

BC Landlord wrote: May 29th, 2023, 8:32 am The only Jordan Peterson's "guilt" is speaking out common sense, and successfully standing up for it. The left cannot stand that.
:up:
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

BC Landlord wrote: May 29th, 2023, 8:32 am The only Jordan Peterson's "guilt" is speaking out common sense, and successfully standing up for it. The left cannot stand that.
Not as though there is much of a leftist equivalent. The left cannot stand it, nor can the left provide a reasonable alternative or argument to Dr. Peterson. I can only imagine tenured professors teaching the merits of irresponsibility and castration to achieve sterility is pretty rare and kept under wraps.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
VaxisSafe
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by VaxisSafe »

Can you explain how violating a social media site's 'hateful conduct policies' by trashing someone happy about a sex-change operation is somehow common sense? Cuz Jordan Peterson did this and I've never seen a good explanation why.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

"Common sense isn't common when you're a Communist."
- Hi-Rez

https://youtube.com/watch?v=D_tXQo1yz0o
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
sleepgre

Post by sleepgre »

Peterson's homophobia is just gross and sleazy
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

VaxisSafe wrote: May 29th, 2023, 3:55 pm Can you explain how violating a social media site's 'hateful conduct policies' by trashing someone happy about a sex-change operation is somehow common sense? Cuz Jordan Peterson did this and I've never seen a good explanation why.
Depends on which media's "hateful conduct policies" you are talking about. Mr. Peterson is well received with every
media and audience that values common sense. And in this case that being, there are ZERO genders, and only TWO sexes. How could you possibly make anyone "happy" by encouraging them to believe in their delusions?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

VaxisSafe wrote: May 29th, 2023, 3:55 pm

Can you explain how violating a social media site's 'hateful conduct policies'
LOL - it was Marxist Twitter, everything that didn't match their version of Marxist dogma and woke BS was "hate". To claim anything posted on there deemed hate by that woke mob of stupid idiots as "hate" now is just to expose stupidity and foolishness.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

Jlabute wrote: May 29th, 2023, 8:53 am
Not as though there is much of a leftist equivalent. The left cannot stand it, nor can the left provide a reasonable alternative or argument to Dr. Peterson. I can only imagine tenured professors teaching the merits of irresponsibility and castration to achieve sterility is pretty rare and kept under wraps.
Good point. There doesn't seem to be anyone representing the lefts new ideas, claims etc. With integrity of facts and an education behind it. No wonder the lefts hate it. It would be good if there was. :up:
"If I find out who's been running this country for the last 8.5 yrs into the ground, there will be hell to pay",,,,,,,,,Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

liisgo wrote: May 29th, 2023, 5:25 pm

Good point. There doesn't seem to be anyone representing the lefts new ideas, claims etc.:
They haven't had a new idea since this guy:

Since then it's just been the same bad idea recycled into many bad ideas. And JP sure lets them have it for it!
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

The Green Barbarian wrote: May 29th, 2023, 5:12 pm
VaxisSafe wrote: May 29th, 2023, 3:55 pm

Can you explain how violating a social media site's 'hateful conduct policies'
LOL - it was Marxist Twitter, everything that didn't match their version of Marxist dogma and woke BS was "hate". To claim anything posted on there deemed hate by that woke mob of stupid idiots as "hate" now is just to expose stupidity and foolishness.
Most rightists wouldn't even use Twitter, but it does provide something they can't get anywhere else - an audience. There's not a ton of options when your spouse, friends, and co-workers have tuned you out. On a smaller scale, the Castanet Forums provide this as well.

Dr. Peterson wouldn't go near it, but he has books and event tickets to sell.

And t-shirts.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Glacier wrote: May 29th, 2023, 4:16 pm "Common sense isn't common when you're a Communist."
- Hi-Rez

https://youtube.com/watch?v=D_tXQo1yz0o
:up: :up:

It's easy to see why folk who have been trained to reject logic (because it is a tool of the bourgeoise, dontcha know!) object to people like Hi-Rez and Jordan Peterson.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

Glacier wrote: May 29th, 2023, 4:16 pm "Common sense isn't common when you're a Communist."
Been there .. :swear:
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

JayByrd wrote: May 30th, 2023, 8:07 am
The Green Barbarian wrote: May 29th, 2023, 5:12 pm

Most rightists wouldn't even use Twitter, but it does provide something they can't get anywhere else - an audience. There's not a ton of options when your spouse, friends, and co-workers have tuned you out. On a smaller scale, the Castanet Forums provide this as well.

Dr. Peterson wouldn't go near it, but he has books and event tickets to sell.

And t-shirts.
Well, thankfully Elon Musk is in charge now and there's some actual free speech on that particular platform.

ETA:
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
"I figured out how to monetize SJWs." Jordan B. Peterson

Return to “Social Concerns”