Hate Summer?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Hate Summer?

Post by Queen K »

Do you hate Summer or pretend you love it because somehow like you're supposed to love Summer?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
LTD
Lord of the Board

Re: Hate Summer?

Post by LTD »

wont say i hate it but i sure hate working through it even when i scale back to 3 days a week its to much lol
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Love love love Summer!! And it's not even summer yet.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

Queen K wrote:Do you hate Summer or pretend you love it because somehow like you're supposed to love Summer?

I don't hate summer but I find it to be a growing challenge; the increasing UV can be deadly on certain days and of course the fires which are growing in number and breadth each season are a looming threat all summer long - it doesn't bring that peaceful easy feeling like summer use to.
savvybusinessman
Board Meister

Post by savvybusinessman »

Summer doesn't exist. It's a fake season created by the UN to manipulate the masses. Stop being so easily fooled.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

I love all of the seasons.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

savvybusinessman wrote:Summer doesn't exist. It's a fake season created by the UN to manipulate the masses. Stop being so easily fooled.

funny but not true - The Creator intended seasons, the seasons are being destroyed by man.

The sky is a calendar, a clock - the Sun, Moon and Stars with their constellations indicate the seasons - The equinox's and the solstice's are delineating points of the seasons.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

JLives wrote:I love all of the seasons.

Me too. One needs to adapt to the environment and make the most of it. Summer is just one I love because don't have to bulk up and veggies are in my own backyard.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

It's nice that we have variety in our seasons. I find too much snow more of a challenge, but then I used to downhill ski, so could never have done that without winter! Summer is fine, I just try to get most things done before the heat of the day. Love to go up in the hills and enjoy the cooler forest. We have all these great fruits here in the okanagan. I used to say air conditioners were for wimps, now I think they are great, lol. Spring and fall, can't be beat. We are so blessed to enjoy all these seasons from the best place on earth.
savvybusinessman
Board Meister

Post by savvybusinessman »

Because_They_Lie wrote:funny but not true - The Creator intended seasons, the seasons are being destroyed by man.

No, the Masons who have existed since the early times of mankind created the social construct of "seasons." There is no Creator either.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Love summer weather and temperatures, last year I managed to have 11 months of summer weather, this year I’m going for 12 months.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Silverstarqueen wrote:It's nice that we have variety in our seasons. I find too much snow more of a challenge, but then I used to downhill ski, so could never have done that without winter! Summer is fine, I just try to get most things done before the heat of the day. Love to go up in the hills and enjoy the cooler forest. We have all these great fruits here in the okanagan. I used to say air conditioners were for wimps, now I think they are great, lol. Spring and fall, can't be beat. We are so blessed to enjoy all these seasons from the best place on earth.

I love shovelling snow (so far so good), love cross country skiing and showshoeing, ice fishing and just plain making snow angels. But SUMMER is THE best - get all the work done early to enjoy a lazy day in the backyard with a cold beverage and a good book. Or go fishing - or take a walk in the woods - or walk down a beach collecting seashells and I can think of a lot of more OR's. Not a fan of air con but it does have it's benefits. I got used to being stalled on the bridge in the heat of the summer with no air con so I'll take a bit of a warm breeze any day.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I like Spring and Fall. Summer is too hot and Winter is too cold!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

When was the last time we had -30 here in the Okanagan? Awe c'mon - it's not THAT cold here.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

On the other hand, the other day +30 was actually quite lovely with a bit of a breeze.

Return to “Social Concerns”