City crime

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

City crime

Post by Graphite »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... -kill-kids

Yes. Agreed. They should do something about City Park. They should do the exact same thing that was done in Ben Lee Park after the machete attack.
Jflem1983
Guru

Re: City Park

Post by Jflem1983 »

Graphite wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/228525/Threatened-to-kill-kids

Yes. Agreed. They should do something about City Park. They should do the exact same thing that was done in Ben Lee Park after the machete attack.

What was done in Ben Lee park ?
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
bjsilent
Board Meister

Post by bjsilent »

Most of the lowlifes who frequent City Park are from the two homeless shelters on Leon Ave
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I agree 100% that something needs to be done to address the issues that have plagued the park for many years but my question is, what exactly?

Lets hear it.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

bjsilent wrote:Most of the lowlifes who frequent City Park are from the two homeless shelters on Leon Ave

yup............. it just blows my mind that kelowna clown council is doing nothing to clean up downtown,i agree these shelters are a large part of the problem they need to be shut down
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
bjsilent
Board Meister

Post by bjsilent »

the truth wrote:
bjsilent wrote:Most of the lowlifes who frequent City Park are from the two homeless shelters on Leon Ave

yup............. it just blows my mind that kelowna clown council is doing nothing to clean up downtown,i agree these shelters are a large part of the problem they need to be shut down

If city council and bc housing only knew what i know about the cornerstone shelter on leon ave they would be appaled at what goes on around there!!!
Kale Now

Post by Kale Now »

It's unfortunate, as with my thread I made a while back about the rise in aggressive homeless it just seems like downtown is being taken over, used needles, harassment, death threats it's pretty ridiculous. Hopefully there is change before something really bad happens but it's hard to think there will be any change, the city doesn't seem to care.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

sad but true............
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

mexi cali wrote:I agree 100% that something needs to be done to address the issues that have plagued the park for many years but my question is, what exactly?

Lets hear it.

- and that's the $21,000 question. Maybe our illustrious Mayor SugarPlum can hold a pink shirted photo op news conference to enlighten the masses as to just what the "road home" task force, or any other of his limp-wristed efforts has accomplished in this regard. Of course, that would bring the matter to the forefront of the voters, that would risk having a negative impact on his anticipated maintaining of the status quo in his little utopia.

The fact is, nothing has been done, nothing will be done. There is no simple solution unless one doesn't fear the backlash of SJW's of the hardliner stance that needs to be taken and make not only this particular area but the entire city an unwelcome place for the aggressive homeless and panhandling that's become the norm over the last number of years. Kelowna's downtown has become a cesspool inhabited and enjoyed by nothing more than the lowlifes outlined in these recent incidents. It's time the city, and it starts at the top - takes a much harder approach to dealing with this issue - or it will simply continue on the path already taken, which is very well established and only getting harder by the day to reverse.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

well good chance they will tell the junkies to stay away this weekend https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#228573
soupy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by soupy »

Recently know of someone who dropped their cellphone downtown while getting into their car. (parked on Leon)

After driving away they realized it and called the phone. The person who answered the phone demanded $30 for them to meet and get their phone back. :swear: :swear:
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

only $30................
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Jflem1983 wrote:What was done in Ben Lee park ?

I ask the same question. What did they do?
Bring back the LIKE button.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

The way some of you talk about downtown and City Park, I really don't think you've been down there. Does the city have some issues to deal with in certain areas? Sure. Is downtown and the park the hellhole you guys make it out to be? Not even close.

I go downtown all the time and go to City Park very frequently - I've never felt unsafe anywhere.

It seems we've got a bunch of drama queens on the forums.
Kale Now

Post by Kale Now »

Jonrox wrote:The way some of you talk about downtown and City Park, I really don't think you've been down there. Does the city have some issues to deal with in certain areas? Sure. Is downtown and the park the hellhole you guys make it out to be? Not even close.

I go downtown all the time and go to City Park very frequently - I've never felt unsafe anywhere.

It seems we've got a bunch of drama queens on the forums.

In the past week there have been death threats to children, somebody masturbating in public, used needles found, I mean what's your definition of unsafe, does someone have to literally be murdered? You might feel safe being a male walking around you should talk to some of the women and mothers taking their kids around it can be scary to have all of this going on and drug psychosis induced homeless yelling and stumbling around.

Return to “Social Concerns”