Toxic Femininity

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Toxic Femininity

Post by Silverstarqueen »

So according to this view (supported it seems by JP and his faithful) when men are just being men, responding naturally to the photo of an attractive women, that type of masculinity is not toxic. But when women do what comes naturally to them, posting selfies, and aren't happy with the response of men, that's toxic femininity. The women are responsible for their own behavior and the men's too. The men are not responsible for their behavior or the effect on the women.

This is not making much sense.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Silverstarqueen wrote:This is not making much sense.

Just like the women's point of view doesn't make sense to us men. Either get along with the differences or don't.
Those that don't will take every opportunity to publicly shame men for what they are......men.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

alanjh595 wrote:
Silverstarqueen wrote:So according to this view (supported it seems by JP and his faithful) when men are just being men, responding naturally to the photo of an attractive women, that type of masculinity is not toxic. But when women do what comes naturally to them, posting selfies, and aren't happy with the response of men, that's toxic femininity. The women are responsible for their own behavior and the men's too. The men are not responsible for their behavior or the effect on the women
This is not making much sense.

Just like the women's point of view doesn't make sense to us men. Either get along with the differences or don't.
Those that don't will take every opportunity to publicly shame men for what they are......men.

So women just have to put up with men acting boarish and harassing them because the women are overly attractive? they are toxic if they publicly call the men out for the behavior?

One of those differences being then that women have to take responsibility for their own behavior, and the men's behavior too. The men are not toxic when they shame women for their behavior, not toxic when they harass a woman for the way she's dressed or made up? Where can a woman get a manual on acceptable levels of dress, make up, shoe style that won't trigger this sensitivity in men? Why are they being hired for dressing up in a way that seems to trigger male sexual aggression and shaming? Why are women still shamed and assaulted in societies where they have to walk around under a blanket all day?

Wouldn't it be more equitable if we continue to allow free speech (supported by our laws) barring incitement to harm for BOTH gendres, and dress code within the limits of societie's norms for BOTH sexes, and continue to limit behavior such as assaults on the person (supported by our laws)?

Employers often publicly state dress codes for women (usually more sexualized in style than the men's) that are very different from what they require in actual practice. Then the women just have to "get along with the differences" in how they are treated as a result. How many women would get hired in many places of employment especially those where they have to work as servers, secretaries,flight attendants, actresses, singers, front desk working with the public, if they dressed like the guys?
Frankly, I would think that WCB would mandate that female workers in these occupations not wear heels at all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMeqW9pnKmk

Are men really sexually attracted to fruit, as Peterson suggests, or is it just forbidden fruit?
ifwisheswerehorses
Übergod

Post by ifwisheswerehorses »

alanjh595 wrote:Because you are using your feminism as a weapon to degrade men for their masculinity.

This coming from someone who in another thread stated that women have an 'expiration date'. If that's the general consensus (which it use to be) then why slam young women for trying to find a partner before it's too late?
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you’ll ever regret.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

At what age would this expiration date kick in?

https://www.ranker.com/crowdranked-list ... en-over-60
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Silverstarqueen wrote:At what age would this expiration date kick in?

Before that they get such negative men attitudes as you have publicly expressed here. I have never seen you, I am judging you solely on your opinions that have been expressed here.
There is no amount of external beauty that could cover-up the rotten core within.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

alanjh595 wrote:
Silverstarqueen wrote:At what age would this expiration date kick in?

Before that they get such negative men attitudes as you have publicly expressed here. I have never seen you, I am judging you solely on your opinions that have been expressed here.
There is no amount of external beauty that could cover-up the rotten core within.

Since I don't have a negative attitude toward men in general (again example of making assumptions that are completely wrong), I think you have obviously mis-interpreted my opinions.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

removed
Last edited by Triple 6 on Jul 17th, 2018, 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic comment removed
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

alanjh595 wrote:Then I suggest that you take some writing classes, because your words are very clear. They are words of some bitter old bag that has been hurt and the pain has been multiplied over the years.

Again, totally wrong, I am quite happy, very happy overall with the wonderful people I have been lucky enough to know that is of the ones I can recall. Feel better and more content than ever before. Life just gets better and better , don't you think?
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I feel much better since I have voided women from my life. They are life/money sucking leeches.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

There are men like that too. I know a few women who unfortunately got tangled up with that type. But I avoid the rotten ones and enjoy the good ones, lol.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

You mean the ones with an 850 or better credit rating and a car that you would look good in?
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

I already have credit cards and a reliable vehicle, most women do nowadays, and owned my own home, so they don't need material things from a man. I have already explained what type of man is attractive, secure about his own masculinity, a positive outlook, sense of humor, not carrying negative baggage. It's the personal qualities that make a man attractive to women. Why else would so many women settle down with less than rich guys? Some guys, no matter how rich they are, would be extremely unattractive to women, they just don't have a good quality character, think only of themselves. Who needs that? because the realtionship won't last long that way.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

So long as it lasts the weekend.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

alanjh595 wrote:You mean the ones with an 850 or better credit rating and a car that you would look good in?

So much bitterness.

Just wanted to let you know the way that this comes across: It's appears that you've failed at relationships and the opposite sex. But you are incapable of acknowledging your failure which would allow you to self-assess and make changes that could lead to success. Instead, your ego/pride rules the roost here, you stew in your failure, and it's everyone else who is shallow/greedy/stupid. In this case that "everyone else" is an entire sex along with the many men (me included) who will tell you that there are plenty of very smart, reasonable, and capable women out there.

Ever notice how some women tend to always end up in relationships with abusive men? Who's fault is that? Now what if you were to come across a man who always ended up in relationships with greedy shallow women?

Return to “Social Concerns”