It's time for the government too wake up!

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
uniped27

It's time for the government too wake up!

Post by uniped27 »

It saddens me too read articles about our fire situation and the lack of guidance in fighting these fires. It was suggested that the powers to be in making the decisions on which fires to fight and how they are being deployed with the man power to extinguish such fires leaves me to believe they are more worried about the cost more than the extinguishing the fires to completion. We have placed a heavy price on preserving Mother Nature and we are the ones that will pay the price for the lack of guidance our beloved government has place upon us in extinguishing these monsters. Somebody needs to wake up and smell the Roses!!!
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: It's time for the government too wake up!

Post by Grandan »

uniped27 wrote:It saddens me too read articles about our fire situation and the lack of guidance in fighting these fires. It was suggested that the powers to be in making the decisions on which fires to fight and how they are being deployed with the man power to extinguish such fires leaves me to believe they are more worried about the cost more than the extinguishing the fires to completion. We have placed a heavy price on preserving Mother Nature and we are the ones that will pay the price for the lack of guidance our beloved government has place upon us in extinguishing these monsters. Somebody needs to wake up and smell the Roses!!!

What part of "priority" did you miss? If 10 fires start over night and 9 are in the middle of no where and 1 is near a town where should resources be sent?
We could spend the entire provincial budget on fighting fires that are a part of natures cycle. Parts of the forest should be burned they are such a mess.
You are no doubt aware that you cannot airlift firefighters into a place at night? That it takes time to mobilize men and equipment into remote areas?
"lack of guidance" is not what causes the fires nor does it control the fighting of the fire. Some fires are allowed to burn for months because of their remote location.
The province does have professional people that devote their whole career to firefighting but apparently that is not good enough for you.
https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#231897
Waste not

Return to “Social Concerns”