Pot is legal now, how has it impacted your life?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Jflem1983
Guru

Re: Pot is legal now, how has it impacted your life?

Post by Jflem1983 »

TylerM4 wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:Anyone buying weed from the government is just plain stupid .

Oh C'mon.

I can think of a couple good reasons why you may choose to buy from the government, and I suspect you're smart enough to come up with one or 2 as well.

No i can not think of a single reason to pay 4 or 10 times as much for a product. Im not that big a fan of the government i guess
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Jflem1983 wrote:No i can not think of a single reason to pay 4 or 10 times as much for a product. Im not that big a fan of the government i guess

One was already mentioned - being tampered with.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Fancy wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:No i can not think of a single reason to pay 4 or 10 times as much for a product. Im not that big a fan of the government i guess

One was already mentioned - being tampered with.

Its never been an issue for me . I have never heard of a case. Why would anyone waste expensive drugs mixing them with cheap drugs.

There are a few things about legal weed that will benefit people. Less pesticides will be used on legal shops. Thats pretty much the main benefit.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

Alan...you make buying pot so "gangster" like ..lol # thuglife

and Jflem, you might not know it all when it comes to certain generations taste about being able to buy good legal weed, smaller amounts if they want, and exactly what they want...
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

W105 wrote:Alan...you make buying pot so "gangster" like ..lol # thuglife

and Jflem, you might not know it all when it comes to certain generations taste about being able to buy good legal weed, smaller amounts if they want, and exactly what they want...

Nothing "gangster" about my post. It is called "up-selling". The same retail tactics that are used in every hardware store, car dealership, tire store everywhere.
It used to be, "Would you like a gram of flavor enhancer with your delivery pizza?"
Now you can pay for it with your debit card/credit card, on your doorstep. Brings a whole new meaning to, "Would you like coke with that order sir?"
Bring back the LIKE button.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Because of the possible contamination issues, I think that personal growing of cannabis should have been a bit more generous. For instance if someone wants to brew their own beer at home, or make wine, I don't think there are limits on that as long as it's for their own use and not to be sold. I don't see why cannabis should be much different.
I do not by any means trust the government to ensure that their cannabis has no contaminents (pesticides) by any means. For medical marijuana, the regulations would be at least as strict as pharmaceuticals (I should think), but for recreational? I think of tobacco manufacturers who have put all sorts of strange things in tobacco and it took years to get a handle on that, I'm not sure they have prevented pesticides in it. At least if people can grow their own, they know what's in it.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Quality control.

Knowing exactly what you're getting. Yes, it hasn't been a problem for you but that'll change when you fall ill. Not so much the stories of lacing with another drug. Moreso with things like bacteria and pesticides.

Information for Colorado was very enlightening. Their testing service rejected 27% of samples and called for the products to be removed from shelves during the initial legalization process. These aren't your typical basement growers and they were still getting 1 in 4 refused. Top 3 reasons for refusal:
- Amount of THC/CBD found during testing too far from what was advertised.
- Use of unapproved pesticides or other sprays.
- E coli or salmonella detected.

If professional growers who know their products will be tested are getting 1 in 4 rejected, guaranteed the illegal grow-ops are even worse. Sorry, but there's no way for you to know you're smoking E-coli or DDT unless you fall seriously ill from it and tests are done to confirm.
tantor
Board Meister

Post by tantor »

It has not and will not impact my life anymore than it has in the last 50 years. Why is everyone acting like this is something new? People all around you have been using pot your whole life! Sure they may have been more discreet as it was illegal, but bone heads that use it while driving when it was illegal will still be bone heads now that it is legal. Nothing has changed! If heroin became legal tomorrow I most certainly would not go running to the heroin store and begin shooting up! I would say most people who didn't use pot before are also not going to run out to buy pot now that it is legal! If any of you think that there is a single day that you have been on the roads in this town and not been in the vicinity of someone behind the wheel while under the influence of pot, you are very delusional. I do not condone it in any way, but I know what the reality is. So no the sky is not falling, violence and crime are not going to soar because it is nothing like meth and heroin. I can also say that if alcohol disappeared from the face of the earth violence and crime would drop so sharply that no one would give a second thought to pot anymore. The people using it today were using yesterday and the year before and the year before and so on. So stop with the paranoia we will all be ok. One thing is for sure though! Every time there is an incident where pot is at the scene the media will be all over it. Even though there will have been hundreds of more incidents that same day involving alcohol. Thus continuing to propagate the fear around a plant that has been with us for thousands of years. lol.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Months before legalization it took up 80% of the media, post legalization near nothing.Whole lot about nothing, nothing that hasn't been going on forever.
Just know that every incident involving cannabis will be hyped up and nationwide.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

So has anyone here tried it for the first time now that it's legal?
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

JLives wrote:So has anyone here tried it for the first time now that it's legal?

Nope
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Not my thing, stick to beer every once in a while. :130:
Mordu
Board Meister

Post by Mordu »

Just because the topic is pot.

Mordu
Board Meister

Post by Mordu »

An afterthought.

Just thought I'd post this from the source.

"CBP Statement on Canada's Legalization of Marijuana and Crossing the Border

Release Date:
September 21, 2018
UPDATED: 10/09/2018"

http://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/speeches-an ... ing-border
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

JLives wrote:So has anyone here tried it for the first time now that it's legal?

I tried it for the first time that it was legal and I didn't notice any difference from before, except I didn't have to look over my shoulder anymore. It really bothered me that there was a stigma; I don't have to drive up into the hills to get my supply and I am not nervous about getting stopped. That has made a world of difference for me.
Just remember folks, keep it in the trunk of your car or somewhere else that cannot be reached by driver or passenger, there have already been fines over that.
Waste not

Return to “Social Concerns”