Reducing stress for students

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Reducing stress for students

Post by the truth »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#243981 :crazy: my god can we stop coddling everyone ,what a messed up world we live in.if they can not hack school non of them will be ready for the real world
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
W105
Guru

Re: Reducing stress for students

Post by W105 »

oh come on now...what's so wrong with students petting some puppers to ease their stress levels ?? it happens all the time with sick children and seniors and it helps..

I remember when my dad was dying of cancer (and suffering greatly) my pupper being so protective of him and staying with him day and night helped him a lot...and my pupper (and cats when I had them) helped me during many dark periods of my life..

what a dumb thing to complain about..
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

Man, imagine being so bitter that you get triggered over students petting dogs?!?! Like dogs! They are the best, and they do help to relieve stress! Why are some people such snowflakes, that they can't let other people enjoy themselves, jeez.

Truth, maybe you need to utilize this program. Getting so offended by what other people do must be very stressful for you, petting a dog may help :up:
hail Satan y'all
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

I think its a cool idea, just gets peoples minds off of life and its stresses and let them be human for a bit.

I get truth's point, but I don't think it really applies in this case. If they brought the dogs in to relieve stress levels because of Trump's latest Tweet, then yeah, I'd totally agree with his post.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

dont they just smoke pot like we use to do
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

LTD wrote:dont they just smoke pot like we use to do

that would be too stressful for them to
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Loki2u
Board Meister

Post by Loki2u »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 12th, 2018, 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 12th, 2018, 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

oh come on now...what's so wrong with students petting some puppers to ease their stress levels ?? it happens all the time with sick children and seniors and it helps..

Well ... my little em path of a step daughter has taken that therapy animal defense to the point she won't wash her clothes ...

Stop giving kids reasons to not do the things that we , as adults , have to do otherwise our little prince and princesses will STARVE ..

Screw the "quiet rooms because words hurt" .. Jam "puppers" and " fur babies" (*bleep* I hate that ) and start bringing kids to REALITY ...

Stress is real , it won't go away , so it's best to teach children about it and how to deal with it rather than harbour a false sense of safety ..
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

MAPearce wrote:Stress is real , it won't go away , so it's best to teach children about it and how to deal with it rather than harbour a false sense of safety ..

You are right, stress is very real and people need to learn proper and healthy coping techniques to deal it. Some people meditate, exercise, take a bath, and hey.. some might even spend time with a pet.
hail Satan y'all
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

whatwhat wrote:
You are right, stress is very real and people need to learn proper and healthy coping techniques to deal it. Some people meditate, exercise, take a bath, and hey.. some might even spend time with a pet.

Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

They did the same thing at Okanagan College about a month ago, panago pizza dropped off 70 boxes of pizza and somebody brought in a bunch of pups for people to enjoy. I see no wrong in it, and for some people midterms or final exams can be one of the most stressful periods of your life, imagine your career and ambitions hinging on 1 exam.
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

LTD wrote:dont they just smoke pot like we use to do

Well that would work except then they would get the munchies and they are not allowed to call skip the dishes to order food on campus.

Dogs Rule!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Mordu
Board Meister

Post by Mordu »

the truth wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-243981-1-.htm#243981 :crazy: my god can we stop coddling everyone ,what a messed up world we live in.if they can not hack school non of them will be ready for the real world

Ah, quit yer howlin' and barkin'. The truth is the B.A.R.K. program’s been on campus since 2012, and I don’t see where anybody here’s ever lifted a hind leg over it before you did today.

Want a biscuit? Need an ear scratch? Then, down boy, and read this:

http://you.ubc.ca/ubc_stories/bark-therapy-dogs/
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Dogs seem to like it.
Kids seem to like it.
# of people hurt because of it: zero

Return to “Social Concerns”